Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Innofader curve issue

Dylusional 4:29 AM - 4 April, 2018
I bought an innofader plus for my mobile rig - Ddj sx2 w/ 1200 for dvs w/ Serato. installed properly according to mojaxx YouTube video.

The multiple preset curves that I can program aren't to my liking. I prefer a sharp cut and curve. Unfortunately the innofader curve is odd, it's full volume until the other song cuts in. Then, it's a couple db lower which matches the song coming in. Once I I slap it to the other side, the volume of said song is a few db higher. Since it's not a full sized innofader there aren't cut/curve options on the fader itself.

I would prefer that both songs are full volume at cut in.

Checked the external knob on my sx2 and it doesn't affect curve anymore. Checked software controls and they are greyed out so I can't change it internally..

Innofader sells an "innojuster" that is designed to change cut/curve and that would probably solve my problem. However, I feel like there is a way to remap the knob or make changes in the software to save $45 and space inside my board, while returning functionality to the knob.

Anyone have a fix for this? I miss the days of being able to adjust my curve on the fly for scratching or blending and this volume change has made some of my mixes a bit abrasive on the change over.
djcrap 3:42 AM - 5 April, 2018
After you adjust the cut in at both ends as shown in the link below

Then next step is to adjust the curve
For the curve choose scratch on/off only. I think by default when you buy the innofadder it's in linear curve BAB setting so you need to adjust it to scratch which is BCB

www.innofader.com
Dylusional 3:49 AM - 5 April, 2018
The problem is the volume change. The volume should not immediately dip when the other song is introduced. Whenever there is a song by itself, the volume is at full blast. Then, whenever two songs are played together, the volume is quite a bit lower.

I believe the unit is faulty and caused damage to my board. The curve adjustment on my SX2 does not work any longer, even when I replace the innofader with the original. And unfortunately, the curve option in Serato is unable to be adjusted.

If there is any fix to this, I'd be most appreciative.
djcrap 3:59 AM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
The problem is the volume change. The volume should not immediately dip when the other song is introduced. Whenever there is a song by itself, the volume is at full blast. Then, whenever two songs are played together, the volume is quite a bit lower.

I believe the unit is faulty and caused damage to my board. The curve adjustment on my SX2 does not work any longer, even when I replace the innofader with the original. And unfortunately, the curve option in Serato is unable to be adjusted.

If there is any fix to this, I'd be most appreciative.

Have you tried to put in the original fader then reset the controller to factory default

Watchm.youtube.com
Dylusional 4:03 AM - 5 April, 2018
Yes, unfortunately, that combination of buttons did not reset my controller. Installed firmware update, and updated serato today. I called Pioneer and spoke with them, but all they said was that it's a 3rd party fader so I could send it in and pay them to install an original.
emarx 3:37 AM - 27 October, 2018
The on/off curve settings on the mini Innofader Plus are only intended for special cases. It's rare that an Innofader properly installed will cause damage to a product, although from my experience Pioneer products tend to be more vulnerable to this issue than most other brands. They use non-user replaceable fuses throughout their products for safety protection. Most other products tend to rely on PTC components or short circuit protected power supplies which can provide similar protection. This means you won't need to get the product serviced if you accidentally short circuit the power supply when replacing the crossfader.

Of course the Innofader has more electronics than a simple carbon fader, but even a simple carbon fader improperly installed could easily short circuit the power supply. We've been working over the years to simplify the installation and better insulate Innofaders to make them less vulnerable to damage both to the Innofader and to the mixers and controllers where they are installed.

If properly installed, in most mixers and controllers which have curve control, you should just be able to use the standard linear B curve (same curve as most crossfaders on the market) and then use the external curve dial to adjust between various scratch and mix style curves. The multiple curve options are only for special cases, like getting rid of muliple step cut-ins, or doing full cut-ins for special cases like the PT-01, or if you want to try to balance out your mixer or controllers curve control.

I hope my contribution is helpful. Please always feel freel to contact us directly if you need any help with your Innofader products.
Dylusional 5:12 AM - 27 October, 2018
I took the controller to deltronics in chicago and they explained exactly what happened. Turns out the innofader shorted out my curve control (pc, ic?) I dont remember the exact terms, but it is what controls the voltage to the curve control and since the piece was shorted out, it was stuck tl the most open setting possible. I have considered retrying but am very wary because of the prior experience.