DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ROTFL... Boiler Room Set - What would YOU do???

DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:25 PM - 2 April, 2018
www.facebook.com

Ok, I am old school but just wondering if the crowd would have gave him more respect if he were playing on "Big Boy DJ decks" instead of that tiny controller.

What chu thank?
popnwave 8:02 PM - 2 April, 2018
Clueless patrons imho vs the size of a controller. Hell, they'd be bumping into him even more if he was going back and forth between TTs and a mixer in the middle.
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 PM - 2 April, 2018
that crowd? nah
deejayfatcat 10:39 PM - 2 April, 2018
The amount of posering in that video is what’s fucked with the dance music world. Kay’s one of the ppl really pushing things forward and he’s still subject to it. Pathetic.
DeeJay*CASPER 2:32 AM - 3 April, 2018
whats funny is, I love environments like that........I love the energy!!!!!

but I get it, some people can over step the boundaries like ol boy that picked up the mic randomly.......LOL LOL
goldarn 3:12 AM - 3 April, 2018
hilarious, poor DJ. I hope he was payed well.
DJ Unique 4:50 AM - 3 April, 2018
HaHaHa...
Damn drunkies
Ollieboy 4:56 AM - 3 April, 2018
I'd set up a barricade.
deezlee 6:11 PM - 3 April, 2018
I know I'm old but that just looks like some dude playing songs off of The Internet for a house party. Auto mix Spotify playlist DJ your own party! No need to find a fancy DJ.
Simi Ranks 6:11 PM - 3 April, 2018
Ha! I knew it was Kaytranada even before clicking the link. the full video was entertaining. So much stuff going on in the background.
Mr. Goodkat 6:16 PM - 3 April, 2018
Quote:
I know I'm old but that just looks like some dude playing songs off of The Internet for a house party. Auto mix Spotify playlist DJ your own party! No need to find a fancy DJ.

producer/'djs' are the worst.

i saw him play in san diego a few years ago and he couldnt mix his own tracks.
DJ Unique 4:38 AM - 4 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

LOL
dj_soo 6:06 AM - 4 April, 2018
I thought that's sort of the point of the boiler room? crowds behind the dj getting annoying.

Girl with the glasses is hot tho.
CMOS 4:01 PM - 4 April, 2018
Seems like they wanted to be on camera more than next to the DJ.
Logisticalstyles 5:38 PM - 4 April, 2018
I'd probably ask the cameraman to move.
DJ Guayo 8:36 PM - 6 April, 2018
Quote:
I thought that's sort of the point of the boiler room? crowds behind the dj getting annoying.

Girl with the glasses is hot tho.

i was thinking the same thing. girl in glasses can get as close as she wants. lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:32 PM - 7 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Savage...
Marv Incredible 5:55 PM - 9 April, 2018
Quote:
Savage...

lol
Mr. Goodkat 6:00 PM - 9 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Savage...

tbh he does kinda do a j dilla, snare slightly off beat thing with some of his production, but still no reason to completely 'shoes in the dryer' mix