Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DJ Pro compatible with the Pioneer DDJ-SR2 2-channel Serato DJ Controller?

gjerrus 10:40 PM - 28 March, 2018
Trying to down size a bit at nominal cost, for small off site gigs that require lengthy travel. Ive read that the Serato DJ Pro is compatible with the Pioneer DDJ-SR2 controller. But when I went to a well known nationwide American tech and gear retailer (leaving out the name in an effort to not discredit them) the sales person showed me that it was not.

This place has given me decades of trusted and wonderful customer service and saved me in times of need big time on the road, but I got the sense that the sales person wasn't 100% sure.. Industry folks Ive talked to weren't certain either.. everything that I've read says that they are compatible.

I don't want to make the purchase, then deal w the disappointment and return after the fact.. and I also don't want to haul a bunch of gear to the Caribbean for a wedding in July. So Im going directly to the source.. Serato, please help.

Thank you
Comrade Tulayev 11:26 PM - 28 March, 2018
I'm using the SR2 with Serato DJ Pro with no problems at all. The sales person was talking rubbish.
Logisticalstyles 11:35 PM - 28 March, 2018
Yes it is compatible. I have it and use SDJ Pro.
DjSyndic8 2:17 AM - 29 March, 2018
Quote:
Trying to down size a bit at nominal cost, for small off site gigs that require lengthy travel. Ive read that the Serato DJ Pro is compatible with the Pioneer DDJ-SR2 controller. But when I went to a well known nationwide American tech and gear retailer (leaving out the name in an effort to not discredit them) the sales person showed me that it was not.

This place has given me decades of trusted and wonderful customer service and saved me in times of need big time on the road, but I got the sense that the sales person wasn't 100% sure.. Industry folks Ive talked to weren't certain either.. everything that I've read says that they are compatible.

I don't want to make the purchase, then deal w the disappointment and return after the fact.. and I also don't want to haul a bunch of gear to the Caribbean for a wedding in July. So Im going directly to the source.. Serato, please help.

Thank you

the shop you frequent obviously dont know what they are talking about ddjsr2 is compatible with SDJ Pro

next time jump online and research it yourself the best way to find answers good luck.
gjerrus 5:10 AM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
I'm using the SR2 with Serato DJ Pro with no problems at all. The sales person was talking rubbish.

your the man. thanks bro..
gjerrus 5:11 AM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:

i appreciate you bro.. these forums are rock solid. The brotherhood has never let me down 💯
gjerrus 5:13 AM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you

the shop you frequent obviously dont know what they are talking about ddjsr2 is compatible with SDJ Pro

next time jump online and research it yourself the best way to find answers good luck.

Haha.. well they have saved me on the road for huge NYE gigs in the past. I can't really hate on these guys. We're all human. Thanks for your reply man!
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:22 PM - 31 October, 2018
I have the SR2 as well.

Works with Pro.
gjerrus 10:41 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
I have the SR2 as well.

Works with Pro.

I appreciate your reply bro. I ended up getting the SX3. Loving it so far. Do you (or anybody else) know how to navigate through DJ Pro sample banks using the controller? Scanning the blogs now trying to sort it out.
DJ Tecniq 12:45 PM - 1 November, 2018
I’m currently using the SR2 w/SDJ Pro it’s a controller that is $700 bucks it sure as hell better work with pro however def ship around and ask for the best deal i got mine for $100 off when i preordered. I would consider shopping elsewhere the salesperson has no idea what he’s talking about it it’s a plug n play device for SDJ then it will work with both SDJ (Old Version & Pro) cheers
DJ Tecniq 12:45 PM - 1 November, 2018
Shop*
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:58 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

i appreciate you bro.. these forums are rock solid. The brotherhood has never let me down 💯

Amen brother! We got yo back!
gjerrus 11:18 PM - 28 November, 2018
Yo DJ Tecniq & TurtleFaceBrownNoser, Thanks for the info & reply. I ended up getting the SX3.. I've only battle tested it sparingly at a mid level Palm Springs road gig & countless hours in the lab at home. Seems solid thus far. Ive been watching everything possible online, YouTube, and articles. Ive learned a lot. I still need to get proficient in a lot of areas, Ive been on turns my entire life so for me its a big jump.

Gonna put it to the ultimate test in San Francisco for NYE 2019 in about a month. Wish me luck bros.. I have an Arizona gig after that so I'll keep you all posted.

I'll probly start a separate thread on this, but HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY LAG (SPINNING WHEEL) ISSUES USING DJ PRO? I'm Using an early 2011 MacBook pro running Yosemite (due to a handful of places using 57's and I noticed when I use DJ Pro i get short lags/spinning wheel when I scroll & select tracks/crates. Ive noticed this when I downloaded & starting using DJ Pro about a year ago. I have a newer 2012 MacBook as a backup that I am going to get primed and ready for NYE but Im wondering if any body else has experienced this issue.

As always, you guys rock hard core ✌🏿