Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New practice Mode like a joke

DEMOND DJ 7:34 PM - 25 March, 2018
I don't understand how Serato can make a practice mode and you cannot record what are you doing. You cannot record yours Flips, you cannot record your sessions. What kind of mode is this. I like Serato but is incredible that function that another softwares have long time ago Serato don't have yet.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:58 PM - 25 March, 2018
You want a record session for the 2 deck practice mode.

Pardon me...Why?

There is no eq for proper mixing.

Other software have eq and I'm guessing that's why you can record with them e.g. cross DJ, virtual DJ, Traktor.

The purpose of Serato DJ practice mode is just to allow you to have an idea what two songs will sound like. Since inception I have only used it once.

I m still use the single deck offline mode for track prep and making flips.
Chino 9:25 PM - 25 March, 2018
Quote:
I still use the single deck offline mode for track prep and making flips.

+1. I'm still getting use to the new 2 deck practice mode myself. I haven't fully migrated to SDJ Pro just yet.
DJ Tecniq 12:28 AM - 26 March, 2018
Practice mode has been the bomb for wedding ceremonies. Love that i don’t have to have my equipment hooked up and can just use the laptop.
DEMOND DJ 6:36 PM - 26 March, 2018
Quote:
You want a record session for the 2 deck practice mode.

Pardon me...Why?

Maybe because you want keep some sessions. Maybe because you want upload your music. Maybe because in some place don’t have serato sound card and HDI not work well, so if you can record your flips you can use in every hardware. And if you want I can give you more reasons. It's mean that in your professional opinion I must to pay for another software for can do it when I pay for serato.

I use this software from the begging, also use Tracktor and Rekordbox. So maybe is time to Rane improve some tips for make more easy the live to their costumers and don’t have to use another software. MAYBEEEEEEE
Dj Antonio Briceno 8:23 PM - 26 March, 2018
Do you know that you can Record your sessions going directly to the REC window in your left up corner right? Or you want to record some sessions just in practice mode?

Regards!
Maskrider 8:53 PM - 26 March, 2018
Quote:
Practice mode has been the bomb for wedding ceremonies. Love that i don’t have to have my equipment hooked up and can just use the laptop.

Practice mode should be called Wedding mode
AKIEM 9:06 PM - 26 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Practice mode should be called Wedding mode

I was actually going to write that exact sentence, but I've made plenty other comments wedding DJ's are upset about already.
Dj KoolBreeze 11:36 PM - 26 March, 2018
practice mode is a waste of time for me. i gave up and got the wego 3. not the most portable but small enough to pull out anywhere with a portable speaker.
Robbie O 2:57 AM - 27 March, 2018
I dont understand... practice mode, maybe isn't named properly, but its perfect for when you don't wanna hook up your gear but test a blend. This mode, shouldn't encourage DJs to be lazy, sounds like some of y'all need the dj2go2...
DJ Tecniq 3:17 AM - 27 March, 2018
They totally should of named it “demo mode” but that’s just me. I don’t really like the name either.
DeeJay Fingers 3:17 AM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I use this software from the begging, also use Tracktor and Rekordbox. So maybe is time to Rane improve some tips for make more easy the live to their costumers and don’t have to use another software. MAYBEEEEEEE

Serato & Rare are 2 different companies ...
DeeJay Fingers 3:18 AM - 27 March, 2018
*RANE ...(where's The Edit button)
AKIEM 5:19 AM - 27 March, 2018
As lame as I think laptop "djing" is - they might as well go all the way with this.

1. because it doesnt make any sense to test a mix if you cant eq, filter, effect, record etc. etc. for testing.

2. because people are going to ask and cry for each and every single feature.

...and they should just call it Lame Mode.
popnwave 3:13 PM - 27 March, 2018
I don't think it's lame. The core of most mixes is tempo and key, not effects.

AKIEM, you're a vet, but if that's all you care about you may need to strip things back again.
Robbie O 3:23 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
I don't think it's lame. The core of most mixes is tempo and key, not effects

I love the mode (named wrong thou) but it’s great for a rough cut test for mixing ideas. I’ve kept my virtual Dj on my laptop only for this reason. I no longer need it now.

“Practice” should be with your controller or tables... period. I’m conviced Serato will never please everybody, but that’s ok.
AKIEM 5:50 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
I don't think it's lame. The core of most mixes is tempo and key, not effects.

AKIEM, you're a vet, but if that's all you care about you may need to strip things back again.

What I'm saying is that I might find more use for it with a "compete" set of features. If I am going to really investigate how two songs work together then I want effects (they could add eq to effects) and to be able to record the result. And maybe record some dinnertime wedding mixes or whatever.

Without full features it's literally 'lame'.

And as much as I roll my eyes at dudes "DJing" from laptops only (because that shits also lame youtu.be ) I will agree with them 100% here, make it full feature. And at this point, fuck it - throw automix on it too - let's just get that over.

And sorry, yes whoever named it practice mode should take a long lunch break and come back with a different name.
Comrade Tulayev 6:10 PM - 27 March, 2018
Bit precious ain't ya
YZ 6:24 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:

... and this ladies and gentlemen is a great example of why DJ'ing today is an over saturated fad. I want to vomit now.
Robbie O 6:27 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

... and this ladies and gentlemen is a great example of why DJ'ing today is an over saturated fad. I want to vomit now.

Have you done a Ceremony? 3 click flares aren’t needed fam.
YZ 6:44 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have, I DJ them like I DJ a bar on $2 beer night... that's me though. Fine line between 3 click flares and sync mode (or worse, not using any gear at all! lol)
AKIEM 6:47 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

neither is serato
AKIEM 6:48 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

ur mom says so
Comrade Tulayev 6:49 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

ur mom says so

Wounder
musiclee 7:23 PM - 27 March, 2018
How about "Prep Mode"
Logisticalstyles 8:56 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have, I DJ them like I DJ a bar on $2 beer night...

So you DJ wedding CEREMONIES like a you DJ a Bar?

Do you even know the difference between a wedding ceremony and a wedding reception?
AKIEM 9:27 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

ur mom says so

Wounder

yeah, I wounder up
AKIEM 9:27 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
How about "Prep Mode"

i.pinimg.com
Comrade Tulayev 10:11 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

ur mom says so

Wounder

yeah, I wounder up

Genuine lol, I'll give you that one
DJ Tecniq 3:12 AM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
I don’t think you understood why i said that in the first place so let me explain...

Ceremonies sometimes aren’t usually in the same area as the reception so technically i don’t have to have my whole system hooked up just to play a few songs before “here comes the bride” which is why practice mode is really useful in this situation. I didn’t say that “cause I’m a noob and want to make DJ’ing easier” hell i am probably a better DJ than you🤷🏼‍♂️
AKIEM 4:14 AM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

ur mom says so

Wounder

yeah, I wounder up

Genuine lol, I'll give you that one

lol
Prestoe 5:01 AM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

I think its great he's bringing this up. Serato is so far behind its competitors they need this criticism to highlight the customers wants and needs.

If you looking for precious look at all the people that take offence to criticism of the software. So many Serato loyalists on here that show hate when you don't show love, they are the most precious of all.

Seriously though Practice mode seems a bit of a joke considering VDJ has had sandbox mode for years which is actually useful.
Comrade Tulayev 6:48 AM - 28 March, 2018
It was the hating on laptop DJs I was referring to. Who cares what the medium is? It's tune selection that counts. Right tune at the right time. I see so many people on here getting pissy about what is a "real" DJ. Get over yourselves!
popnwave 3:31 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Bit precious ain't ya

I think its great he's bringing this up. Serato is so far behind its competitors they need this criticism to highlight the customers wants and needs.

If you looking for precious look at all the people that take offence to criticism of the software. So many Serato loyalists on here that show hate when you don't show love, they are the most precious of all.

Seriously though Practice mode seems a bit of a joke considering VDJ has had sandbox mode for years which is actually useful.

NO NO NO NO NO this is what shitty customers do, they want all of the products to do the same thing.

We still have people bitching about how SSL was the best BECAUSE it was so lean. It didn't support anything like SDJ either. Now we have every goober wanting SDJ to do everything in every situation. No product does everything 100%, stop being a bunch of lazy choads and use SDJ for what it is good at vs trying to make it suck at everything.

This forum is such a dumpster fire of babies these days.
DJ Tecniq 3:38 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
This forum is such a dumpster fire of babies these days.
You mean snowflakes ❄️
AKIEM 3:49 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
It was the hating on laptop DJs I was referring to. Who cares what the medium is? It's tune selection that counts. Right tune at the right time. I see so many people on here getting pissy about what is a "real" DJ. Get over yourselves!

couple things.

just my opinion.

it's just some jokes

everyone here is a 'laptop dj'

bet they crap on us on the analog forum

caring about the medium is what built this company

a 'real Disk Jokey' plays some sort of (sigh) of disk at least right?

whatever generation you are from, it's just too damn sensitive, man up

ten years ago, serato would have vehememtly denied they were going to favor (imo) jog wheels, add auto sync, and make a Laptop Mode

take solice in the fact that an old ass grouchy DJ such as myself is agreeing that 'practice mode' should be completely outfitted so you can use it to erm "dj"
Comrade Tulayev 4:39 PM - 28 March, 2018
Lol, I'm probably around the same age as you.

As for sensitive? That's what yer mum said
popnwave 5:09 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Lol, I'm probably around the same age as you.

As for sensitive? That's what yer mum said

*groan*
Comrade Tulayev 5:10 PM - 28 March, 2018
Yeah she did that too
Maskrider 3:18 AM - 29 March, 2018
It's always been like this here where the OP get's derailed.
AKIEM 1:07 AM - 30 March, 2018
max_imus 2:33 PM - 6 October, 2018
Quote:

🤣