DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What's the best way to buy a used pair of CDJs and a DJM mixer?

DJLatina 8:26 PM - 22 March, 2018
I have a controller but I'm thinking of upgrading to Pioneer CDJs and a DJM because I'm looking to move into nightclub and music festival work.

I can buy a pretty good used CDJ/DJM set off of craigslist or eBay for less than $2,000. The problem is, those typically don't come with a warranty, so if they break down on me 6-12 months from now, I'm essentially screwed.

If I buy a used set on Guitar Center, I can get a 3 year warranty, but if I opt to do that, I'm going to have to spend at least $2,500-$3000. I wouldn't even think to buy them new because that'd be more like $5k.

Any tips?
pdidy 9:53 PM - 22 March, 2018
NOPE......You pretty much have it figured out you just need to make a decision.

You can either take the risk or spend the money.
J Hennessy 10:34 PM - 22 March, 2018
The Pioneer Nexus line is annoyingly expensive but you can get some pretty similar Pioneer products for quite a bit less, although still objectively pricey. The XDJs are around half the price of CDJs last time I checked and they can do 99% of the same stuff. They do a good job of preparing you for CDJs.

Goods deals on a used DJM 800 should not be too hard to find on EBay. It has most of the effects you'd get on something like a DJM900 so it wouldn't be tough to transition from one to the other when you played out.