Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Nexus2 & Serato Pro

Enkay67 4:56 PM - 20 March, 2018
I’m playing a set at the weekend where the equipment is provided - can’t complain when it’s a pair of CDJ2000NXS2 and a DJM900NXS2. The other DJs will use USB sticks, which is an option for me of course, but I’d prefer to use Serato with the players in HID mode. I have a full, hardware-independent Serato DJ Pro licence so this should be supported. What do I need to know or look out for that the setup guides don’t tell me?
Sixtroke 7:04 PM - 20 March, 2018
If you own a full Serato DJ (Pro) licence then you're totally covered for HID mode. No need for DVS!

Just make sure you plug-in before your set so the 900NXS2 drivers can install or alternatively go into the Packages folder and install them before your gig. Those drivers can take a couple minutes to install and usually require a reboot on Serato itself!

(See here: support.serato.com)

In terms of the USB connection, there's a misconception about being REQUIRED to use a powered USB hub. I use almost the same setup (swap the 2000NXS2 for 2000NXS) and I just use a regular non-powered USB Hub for the CDJ HID connection while I plug the mixer directly into my laptop for the most reliability; everything always runs smoothly for me.

One minor thing that you may already know but is worth mentioning is learning how to access HID mode on the CDJ's. It'll save you from taking too long on the switch over.

Also, make sure you bring at least 3 of your own USB 2.0 cables. From past experiences I've learned those are in very short supply in a club environment.

Good luck on the set!
Enkay67 5:04 AM - 21 March, 2018
Thanks for the tips. My fear is CPU usage - I run a good i3 with no issues with a DDJ-SR attached but I wondered if the CD-Js may be more demanding and cause me problems. ( Yes, I need a new laptop but that won’t happen before Saturday!)
DJ Jonasty 8:04 AM - 21 March, 2018
Use usb sticks i say.