Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Pro+Video .. No preview appearing in window/transition choice

be a vidiot 11:32 PM - 10 March, 2018
Serato Video + Serato Pro Macbook Pro
No transition choice, preview screen or crossfade control response showing up on Serato interface. the windows and sliders are there, just nothing showing up or responding. worked fine in serato 1.9.8 , although anomaly would show up occasionally , restarting would fix, this does not work with Serato Pro
Running Sierra I7-2.7 8gb ram.
trying to find serato video online to download and reinstall as i already have paid for a license, only takes me to purchase page? Do i also have to pay for Serato Video again? I have it enabled within the serato pro program and the videos do play on screen.. but i am stuck with fade effect and no preview or crossfade response showing crossfade position.
What a strange way for a company to do a rollout of new software with such limited information and such a buggy interface.
DJ Tecniq 9:12 PM - 11 March, 2018
Keep restarting the computer till the preview screens reappear. It’s a bug that’s lasted for years (Longtime user of Serato Video)🙋🏼‍♂️
DeeJay Fingers 1:45 AM - 12 March, 2018
you can also try this

support.serato.com
Shawn Greenwood 1:28 AM - 2 November, 2018
this is what the link is.Where is my Serato Video Output Window or Preview Window?

If you are experiencing your output window or output preview window disappearing after upgrading to Serato Video, please follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

PC
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Restart your PC
10) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Mac
1) Close all programs.
2) Open Finder and go to the User > Library > Preferences folder.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

4) If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.