Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Distortion and slow working in test/practise mode

DJDimi 10:46 PM - 8 March, 2018
Hello,

I installed serato dj pro to run with my mcx8000.
Firt i reanalysed all my files and then start testing.

Know i was testing without controller and there is very bad sound comming out of my pc speakers, and also very slow working...

When i play the same mp3 with windows media player, sound quality is ok.

When i put my mcx8000 to run. Audio is also good.

So in standalone or practise mode there is something wrong. Hopefully somebody can help me ...
DJ Tecniq 11:18 PM - 8 March, 2018
What are the specs of your laptop?
DJDimi 6:27 AM - 9 March, 2018
Hi,

I'm running a Dell Laptob.
Intel Core i7 3720QM with 2.6Ghz
16 G RAM
Windows 10 Pro 16 bit version 1709 (build 16299.251)

Why is it working with my MCX connected ...

Kind regards
DJ_Dad 3:40 PM - 9 March, 2018
This is most likely an issue with your laptop’s sound chip driver. See if there is an update and if that resolves the issue. Likely the only difference when your mixer is connected is that it no longer uses your on board sound chip and it’s drivers.
DJDimi 4:03 PM - 9 March, 2018
I also installed the new serato version 2.0.1 but it is the same.
I already did the update for the drivers, and they are all the latest drivers.
Also de pc optimations document from serato already done so ...

I don't think that is it with my drivers because when i play the song in windows explore, there is it going well ...

I also work with a lot of smart crates, and when i was playing stand alone, serato is refreshing the crates, i can see because there is a bleu cirkle next to the smart crate.

When i connected my hardware, imideatly, the cirkle whent away and the sound was good ...

Maybe somthing with the crate/smartcrates during test /practise mode ?
DJDimi 5:42 PM - 9 March, 2018
Hi, found something this evening with testing!

When playing in practise mode, so without a controller connected to serato, the denon MCX8000 windows driver is not loaded on the pc, and so i have distortions in serato.

When I open manually the denon driver, music starts to play good and keeps playing...

So maybe here is somethinge ... Somebody that kan test this please ?

Kind regards !
Tiroland 8:11 PM - 9 March, 2018
HI Folks,
same here, bad soundquallity and slowing down in "offline" mode - but only when Serato Pro is minimized. Machine: MS Surface Book, i7, 256GB, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro. Very Special: Playing Serato on the first or on the second Screen does not affect Playback anyway - but minimizing is awfull!

May there is a simple solution für this Problem availabel?

Best regards,
Roland
DJDimi 8:31 PM - 9 March, 2018
Hi there, found a second thing this evening.

When I test the practice mode on battery level, so no power cord on it. The sound is good without distortion.

Then, when i plug the power in, to charge the battery, it starts to give distortion...

I already check the energy managment, and everything is the same as with battery ...

So something is going on here ...

Hopefully somebody can help me please ...

Kind regards !
DJDimi 7:42 PM - 11 March, 2018
Hi, did a third test this evening.

I connected a bigger power supply to my laptob, and then it is running good. So I thing there is something goign on with the energy/power but what could it be.
And why is it working good with the MCX8000 connected ...

Hopefully somebody can help me ...
Tiroland 8:15 PM - 11 March, 2018
Hey, i don't know how, but my problem seems to be solved, serato is working fine now! hope to see problems of other users solved too.

best regards,
tiroland
DJDimi 8:18 PM - 11 March, 2018
Hi Tiroland, what did you do to solve the problem ?
Tiroland 8:37 PM - 13 March, 2018
Nothing at all - it just "happened" :-)

Best regards,
Tiroland
DJ KwietStorem 2:02 PM - 28 May, 2018
I've experienced the same issue with sound distortion & dropouts, only in Offline or Practice Mode.
I found a workaround by lowering the "Maximum Screen updates Per Second".
wes2k 1:59 PM - 7 June, 2018
same issue for me... have sent support ticket.
lowering the FPS worked for me but at 5 FPS the waveform is pretty much unusable.
shaune71 12:06 PM - 8 June, 2018
I’m having the same issue now too and the only way I cna get it to go away in offline mode is to have QuickTime running in the background!
djsmooth242 1:19 AM - 9 June, 2018
Hi i have solve the problem, i am i using windows and i have recently updated my windows software, after doing this i started to have the dropouts and slow playing audio in off liine mode/practise mode. However it works fine in any other media player on my computer and my dj controller. What i did was download the latest quick time for windows and have it open in the background. This immediately work for me . Try this method
DJ-Twild 12:52 PM - 14 June, 2018
Hi, i got the same problem since i updated the latest windows 10 update (big april update).
Distortion and lags only in practice mode. I solved it by running quick time player in the background. But seriously this can´t be the solution for the future!?
djsmooth242 1:32 PM - 14 June, 2018
I do agree with you, its so ridiculous, but i only use practise mode for lil gigs, so it dont bother me as much , as long as it dont do that when my dj controller is connected am fine. But any dj that has windows 10 and upgraded u may come across this problem. But for now the quicktime will have to work and it doesnt even use that much memory in the background, i have a 8gb ram.
Only1divine 1:57 AM - 18 June, 2018
I'm having the same issue. I'll try running quick time in the background and see if it helps.
zimsonix 10:30 AM - 24 June, 2018
DJ KwietStorem
Quote:
I've experienced the same issue with sound distortion & dropouts, only in Offline or Practice Mode.

DJ KwietStorem thanks for your solution, worked for me at 20FPS.
I updated graphics and audio drivers too. Waveform all good, cpu normal, no more choppy audio. Happy days
ironarm 12:45 PM - 24 June, 2018
hi all,
ive just had terrible sound and slow down in offline mode - after reading here I just unplugged the power (whilst it was playing) and the track ran smoothly.... when I plugged the power back in it went all glitchy again.... I haven't had it before but I have just updated laptop.... im on windows 10 btw...
might help some peeps panicking!... like I was !!
djcorona 3:32 AM - 1 July, 2018
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I am having the exact same issue. When my MacBook Pro is unplugged from the power supply, it works flawlessly. But as soon as I connect the power supply, it causes havoc and slows down the track audio, drop outs and eventually freezes and stops. I also noticed today my computer load bar (in Serato) slowly increases until it maxes out and then causes Serato DJ Pro to freeze and stop. What is causing this and why does it only do it when it’s plugged into the power supply? Without it plugged in, the load computer bar stays low at like at 1/4 of the way with no issues. I am running a mid 2012 Retina MAC Book Pro. Need help please. Never had this happen with Serato DJ.
Urluhh 5:18 AM - 22 July, 2018
Quote:
I’m having the same issue now too and the only way I cna get it to go away in offline mode is to have QuickTime running in the background!

Shaune, your solution worked for me on my 8th gen i7 razer blade stealth. Thank you!
DJDimi 8:18 PM - 29 July, 2018
It is solved with the new 2.0.4 version !!!
Serato, Moderator
James_M 4:41 AM - 30 July, 2018
Hi there,

We identified and fixed a small issue with certain Windows OS systems in the Offline mode that could present itself like this - please try Serato DJ Pro 2.0.4 for the latest fixes.

Glad to see your issue is resolved DJDimi.
Secret Service 11:53 AM - 28 August, 2018
Quote:
I've experienced the same issue with sound distortion & dropouts, only in Offline or Practice Mode.[b]

This fix worked lik a charm for me. Excellent!!
The Shogun 1 4:37 PM - 17 December, 2019
I had this problem and i went through the basic optimization steps for serato dj pro, then i analyzed my library and it went away.

windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga
i7
ssd hd and 16gb ram