Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sdj 2.01 launch for ddj sb3

Dj KoolBreeze 9:31 PM - 5 March, 2018
What kind of business is going on between serato an pioneer. Do they even communicate. Just saying. Or maybe
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:42 PM - 5 March, 2018
Hey Dj KoolBreeze,

We do communicate! Is something wrong?
Dj KoolBreeze 12:49 AM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Hey Dj KoolBreeze,

We do communicate! Is something wrong?

Not really wrong but weird. A week after sdj pro. is is sdj pro 2.1 just for a controller. unless pioneer just thought up this controller in a week.

but it is good to know that you guys communicate. let them know it would be beneficial to them as well as serato to have the ddj 1000 supported by serato.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:57 AM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
A week after sdj pro. is is sdj pro 2.1 just for a controller.

Correct! We often do separate releases for new hardware when it becomes available (e.g. Serato DJ 1.9.10).

Quote:
let them know it would be beneficial to them as well as serato to have the ddj 1000 supported by serato.

I'm afraid we currently have no plans to support the DDJ-1000 sorry.
Comrade Tulayev 8:01 AM - 6 March, 2018
Is there any point in upgrading from 2.0 to 2.0.1 if we're not using the SB3?
mixgoonie 8:31 AM - 6 March, 2018
What is the changelog ?
Despo 8:36 AM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:

I'm afraid we currently have no plans to support
the DDJ-1000 sorry.

what about plans to release a serato edition?

Virtual DJ is already working on integrating the 1000, I wish serato was a bit more flexible and would allow me to use any hardware i please.
mixgoonie 8:43 AM - 6 March, 2018
If Virtual DJ and Traktor will soon have their mapping for the DDJ-1000, why is not Serato also doing it ?

They should be someone on the Serato side mapping all non Serato midi controllers, that would really help to increase the Serato coverage.

Djay pro and Mixvibes, for instance, doesn't support so much controllers and therefore will never be able to compete with Serato, Traktor and Rekordbox.

If you want to survive Serato, that is the thing to do...

Specially because we cannot map ourselves the controllers...
DJ Bully 10:18 AM - 6 March, 2018
Soo, looking at the description of the DDJ-1000 it says:-

"Pioneer DJ have crafted a new 4-channel controller, the DDJ-1000, which is intended for dedicated use with Rekordbox DJ, Pioneer’s own DJ performance application."

That is probably why no Serato support is forthcoming!
mixgoonie 1:28 PM - 6 March, 2018
That is just the point, we know, Traktor and VDJ will have in the coming month a mapping, it could be a cool idea that also Rekordbox only controllers are getting mapped in SDJ.

But the question is more, are they allowed to do so ? They probably have a contract with Pioneer which i assume has blocked the possibility to integrate in SDJ any Rekordbox controller.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:12 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
What is the changelog ?

You can read the full release notes here -> serato.com :)