Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

multiple split second stops using Serato Dj 2.0

DJ DiCE - CT 12:59 AM - 5 March, 2018
Hey Friends, first time out using serato dj 2.0, 2-3 times there was a pause in the audio. it was so quick that i couldn't check the wave forms to see if the program froze. i don't want to have this be a constant issue. if anyone else is experiencing this issue.. care to shed a little light?

serato dj 2.0
2012 Mac Pro
i7 16 Gb Mem 2.0Ghz
using Rane 62
DJ DiCE - CT 1:02 AM - 5 March, 2018
sorry 2.9 Ghz i7
DJ DiCE - CT 1:04 AM - 5 March, 2018
OSX 10.13.3
Henry GQ 1:36 AM - 5 March, 2018
SAME HERE...
DJ Tecniq 1:53 AM - 5 March, 2018
Are you using an external drive? I’ve found that Serato can be very “touchy” with external drives.
DJ DiCE - CT 1:54 AM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Are you using an external drive? I’ve found that Serato can be very “touchy” with external drives.

No external. 750Gb hybrid Internal
DJ Tecniq 2:02 AM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

No external. 750Gb hybrid Internal
Firstly scan for corrupt files if that doesn’t fix it if you haven’t done a clean install of High Sierra i suggest that or either get off the OS X i think the OS X really stresses older machines.
DJ DiCE - CT 2:13 AM - 5 March, 2018
even if there wasnt this issue before upgrading to 2.0? with a machine with my specs?
DJ Tecniq 2:16 AM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
even if there wasnt this issue before upgrading to 2.0? with a machine with my specs?
That’s a good question. We’re you using WiFi or was it enabled?
DJ DiCE - CT 2:18 AM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
That’s a good question. We’re you using WiFi or was it enabled?

no, no wifi enabled
DJ Kodos 7:36 AM - 5 March, 2018
I am having the same problem, especially when I am jumping from one cue point to another. I've adjusted the latency settings but it doesn't resolve it. Thinking of going back to the prior version of Serato DJ where this was never a problem.
Henry GQ 9:24 AM - 5 March, 2018
yes i am but never had a problem until i went serato dj pro
MeeHow 8:21 PM - 5 March, 2018
same issue..
lagging too much! on Win7 64bit 8ram no wifie, low res, no other apps. running..
happening randomly tho..
DJ DiCE - CT 10:41 PM - 8 March, 2018
Guys make sure you jump on the 2.0.1.. issue may have been resolved.
DjSyndic8 2:37 AM - 9 March, 2018
Quote:
Guys make sure you jump on the 2.0.1.. issue may have been resolved.

the new update is mainly for the ddj sb3
Amateur Hour 6:18 PM - 9 March, 2018
Same issues, delays sound drop outs: upon track loading, cues
Going back to 1.9 until this gets solved.
DJ Special K 4:05 PM - 10 March, 2018
I don't have a pause in audio, I have a pause visually. The wave forms will freeze like once every 20 secs or so. This did not happen on 1.9 I have a macbook pro I7 2.5mhz, internal SS drive. mid 2014.
eddie3911 4:14 PM - 10 March, 2018
You have the same specs as me but Im running 10.10.5 with ZERO issues. Well I have an SSD in mine but that really shouldn’t matter
DJRodC 5:47 PM - 10 March, 2018
I have a HP specs below:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/10/2018, 09:02:28
Machine name: xxxxxx-HP-ENVY-17
Machine Id: {FCE68C44-59FE-463D-9088-F9499A5A5A0A}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.73.06F.09
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 2644MB used, 30057MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

I have the same problem and have a trouble report number from Serato.Support. There is definitely a delay between que points in Serato DJ Pro. I actually updated to 2.0.1 and it is still there. On the que point it appears that when the que points are 64 beats apart and greater there is 1/4 second to 1/2 delay on the rendering of wave form and no audio.

Found another problem where filenames with accents like Ă, Á, á, À, à (common with Spanish titles) will not display the waveform or even play in Serato DJ Pro. I converted several filenames to remove those characters and Serato DJ Pro loaded those files properly.

Another problem was most of the songs (files) lost the keys upon launch of Serato DJ Pro. These are songs that were previously analyzed using Serato DJ 1.9.6. Once the file is loaded for play the keys reappear.

Another problem is that m4a files lost previously set beat grids. Using iTunes, the files were converted to mp3, analyzed the files again, set the beat grid, set the que points and save the update. Re-started Serato DJ Pro and all the info came back if the file is mp3. Only thing is that the problem of lost keys described above persisted.

Is anybody else seeing the other 3 problems above??
Socamonarch 12:34 AM - 11 March, 2018
Yes I had that issue as well.
DJRodC 12:49 AM - 11 March, 2018
Went back to Serato DJ 1.9.10 and that version does not have que point problem.

The filenames with foreign titles or names with special characters are playing again.

For some reason the keys still do not show until after loading the file in a player.
deejayayup 1:34 PM - 11 March, 2018
I've had this happen too. Although, I am using a new controller and 2.0.
DJRodC 5:02 PM - 11 March, 2018
This appears to be a Serato DJ Pro problem. Both new version 64bit versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 have this problem. There are other discussions within this Serto DJ Pro group that are now reporting the same thing but different title. Others are blaming the laptop Apple vs PC. This probably all Serato DJ Pro related. I've gone back to Serato DJ 1.9.10 and hoping Serato provides a fix as soon as possible. A working DJ should not have all these problems when doing a gig.
JuriV 9:35 PM - 11 March, 2018
Hi,

Painfully encountered the exact same problem yesterday while playing a gig at a big venue. I had to switch to backup CDJ-2000's with USB stick after experiencing seconds long dropouts in audio and tracks dropping out completely.

I have a 2013 Macbook Pro with OS X 10.13 i7 2,6 GhZ, 8 GB RAM and 2GB Video Memory and using SSD, which is above the minimum software requirements. Running Serato DJ "Pro" 2.0.1 - latest version. All optimisation tweaks have been done and never had any problems before.

I noticed that in some tracks cue points were missing and beat grids were off, not were they used to be (so they have moved).

Also, rendering waveform when jumping from one cue point to another is very slow and lagging as opposed to before when it was smooth as F. Analyzing files takes forever in this new version.

Finally, I am trying to understand how something like this can happen and it damages my faith in Serato as a rock solid DJ software. So wake me up when it's all over, I'm going back to 1.9.10 for now.

Hopefully everything gets straightened out in the next update. Clock is ticking...

Juri
JuriV 9:42 PM - 11 March, 2018
[Edit]
Macbook Pro Mid 2014
2,5 GHz i7
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750 M 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536
DJRodC 11:09 PM - 11 March, 2018
Hey JuriV,
Did you notice if the analyzed musical keys disappeared when you reverted back to 1.9.10?

You also mentioned one other thing that also noticed which I did not mention. The analyzer in 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 are slower and also get more confused with non 4-4 beat music (like salsa music) and return no beat grid at all.
JuriV 8:01 AM - 12 March, 2018
Hi DJRodC,

No, I haven't reverted back yet but if I do I'll give an update.

Yes, the analyzer is much slower. I don't play much salsa, so I can't really say anything about that. In my experience, the beat grid algorhythm of Serato is not the best out there but not the worst either. In general, beat detection algohrythms tend to have problems with very fast, slow or "complicated" beats. I do find it strange that the one built in Serato manages to detect a perfectly straight track wrong sometimes. For instance, if I have a track warped in Ableton live at exactly 120 BPM (like a dance or house track) Serato is able to analyze the grid to 120.039 for instance. It does not happen always, but if I got a penny every time I had to correct this manually... :)
AJRockstar 11:25 AM - 12 March, 2018
I will notice the waveform will freeze for a split second randomly during performance - only happens sometimes when I have waveform zoomed in all the way. Sound is perfect and does not glitch or freeze. I have MacBook pro i7 16gb ram, SSD and Nvidia dedicated 1gb vram. I have hi res enabled and 60s screen refresh enabled. I think it's a software issue with Serato because when I have my CPU analyser running in background I'm not even stressing my CPU or ram to maximum when it is happening. It's a Serato pro glitch. Also I've noticed the beat grid is very inaccurate. Even when u put the downbeat marker , it's position isn't snapping into the transient perfectly even when snapgrid is enabled. So frustrating!
DJ Tecniq 5:42 PM - 12 March, 2018
^ turn off hi res other users have reported issues with it including audio and high cpu.
JuriV 8:53 AM - 13 March, 2018
Hi DJ Tecniq,

That is not a real solution. Besides, the Hi res option is already off as default after installation. I had it both on and off without any difference in performance. (But I have no Retina display).
Dj cuervo 9:51 PM - 14 March, 2018
I have the same issue with Serato DJ pro on High Sierra. I have an old mac running maverick that does not have this issue. I believe this is High Sierra related.
AJRockstar 9:55 PM - 14 March, 2018
So what is the most resource efficient OSX to run 64bit Serato pro dj? Should I downgrade osx from high Sierra?
Dj cuervo 9:59 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
So what is the most resource efficient OSX to run 64bit Serato pro dj? Should I downgrade osx from high Sierra?

Serato needs to address this because we know the older version of OSX will be discontinued in newer releases.

Maybe we all need to create a help ticket then they will address it.
JuriV 10:02 PM - 14 March, 2018
No, Serato should fix the problem because it says it is compatible with High Sierra.

Mavericks isn't even mentioned in the support OS's:

Operating System* macOS High Sierra 10.13
macOS Sierra 10.12
Mac OS X 10.11

Please create a help ticket yes. I have too and awaiting an answer.

What is the benefit of running Serato DJ Pro in 64 bit anyway? Unlimited library size? Who ever had too much tracks in their library?
AJRockstar 10:16 PM - 14 March, 2018
I agree. If it says it's supported in high Sierra and it meets their hardware requirements then it should work properly.
DJ Tecniq 10:56 PM - 14 March, 2018
How many of you have clean installs of High Sierra? If you just updated your OS X it’s possible something went wrong as it’s not a fresh install. I never update even if Serato says it’s ok and supported. They aren’t using the shit day in and day out my gigs depend on it. Yosemite has been rock solid even with SDJ Pro.
DJ Tecniq 11:00 PM - 14 March, 2018
There are many users using High Sierra w/o this problem. My guess their machines are newer and already came preinstalled with High Sierra. Hope you all find a solution. High Sierra is still fairly new i can understand if your machine came preinstalled with it but for those that updated to it...what are you really gaining🤔
JuriV 11:54 PM - 14 March, 2018
What you are gaining with OS X updates is in most cases better performance, just like firmware updates for different type of hardware. Also, you are gaining security by keeping your OS up to date. Now, I don’t use my Serato machine for any other type of thing than DJ’ing BUT it is connected to the internet (wired) from time to time. So therefore it needs to be updated so that security is covered.

It sounds like you are implying we have older machines and we should have never upgraded our OS... But if you never update your OS you also run into compatibility issues with other software like - surprise - Serato DJ Pro.

So, what are we gaining updating to DJ Pro? Audio drop-outs.

I am curious, what do you think that can go wrong when updating OS X to cause this type of problem? Particularly in relation to the fact that Serato DJ works fine on the same version of High Sierra. Which was also updated, so not a clean install.
JuriV 11:57 PM - 14 March, 2018
Refering to Serato DJ 1.9 here:
Quote:

I am curious, what do you think that can go wrong when updating OS X to cause this type of problem? Particularly in relation to the fact that Serato DJ works fine on the same version of High Sierra. Which was also updated, so not a clean install.
DJ Tecniq 7:16 AM - 15 March, 2018
You apparently don’t understand that new OS X releases add more cpu. It’s newer technology so it will work harder. For the record I’m still running Yosemite and haven’t had a single dropout yet. As for security updates all OS X software have them. Again High Sierra is a fairly new OS X and they already have another beta released. I choose to always hold off before updating. All you are gaining is the risk of getting booed at your gig. If that’s your choice the only person to blame is yourself...
DJ Tecniq 7:26 AM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
What you are gaining with OS X updates is in most cases better performance
Better performance? Uhh I’d much rather use an old OS X that has been tested over the years than rely on some newer shit that just got released after a beta test. If that’s the case then tell that to the many users running High Sierra with nothing but problems w/Serato. And i was only implying a clean install of High Sierra is a much better choice as it’s a fresh install instead of an upgrade. From what I’ve read on this forum alone users that have had issues were from upgrades. A fresh install of the OS X is “always” a better option than updating. It’s like buying a used Mac and not doing a fresh install of the OS X but instead you’re using the same OS X the previous user had which god knows what he downloaded previously beforehand. Makes sense right👌🏼
DJ Tecniq 7:33 AM - 15 March, 2018
Here’s an article you might learn something from www.imore.com
JuriV 1:30 PM - 15 March, 2018
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Thanks for your reply.

A new OS X update makes Macs run smoother and more efficient, because it is new technology.

Quote:
A fresh install of the OS X is “always” a better option than updating. It’s like buying a used Mac and not doing a fresh install of the OS X but instead you’re using the same OS X the previous user had which god knows what he downloaded previously beforehand. Makes sense right👌🏼

Actually, it does not make sense. Like I said, I only use my Macbook for DJ'ing and nothing else. So there are no downloads or apps sitting there that are never used anymore.

Judging by the tone of your response, it seems you are a prejudiced Serato user. Basically, you are saying that the ones that have this issue are all stupid to have upgraded. I am always cautious when updating, especially OS X in combination with DDJ-SX2 and compatibility with the Serato app. But in the past we have seen that when Serato says everything is compatible with the new OS you are good to go and everything works flawless. Now it doesn't and in my humble opinion, that mistake is on Serato. Simply because they say it IS compatible.

Thank you for your input, I'll update this thread if the problem is fixed.
DJ Tecniq 2:59 PM - 15 March, 2018
There’s been too many times on the forum when Serato has said their software is compatible with certain OS X and the users still end up having problems or there’s unresolved bugs still from the beta. Newer OS X can be more efficient but not for all machines this is fact.
DJRodC 3:22 PM - 15 March, 2018
DJ Tecniq,

I do have the same problem that is described in this track for Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1. But my laptop is an HP, using Windows 10. I posted my specs above. The problem is there inside Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1 64bit. I don't this is an OS issue or a hardware issue, since same OS and same hardware Serato DJ 1.9.10 is rock solid.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:49 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
DJ Tecniq,

I do have the same problem that is described in this track for Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1. But my laptop is an HP, using Windows 10. I posted my specs above. The problem is there inside Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1 64bit. I don't this is an OS issue or a hardware issue, since same OS and same hardware Serato DJ 1.9.10 is rock solid.

Windows user on a mid level i5 Acer which is my everyday laptop. I have zero issues with 2.0. Anti-virus, Wi-Fi, streaming encoder, & Audacity all running at the same time with no problem.

The program itself works. The issue is with your & everybody else machines.
DJ Tecniq 4:26 PM - 15 March, 2018
^ Thank you. Some reason certain PCs perform better than others. Also if it means anything Serato’s code was written on a Mac which is majority why Macs seem to run smoother. Just my opinion that has a lot of fact behind it.
DjSyndic8 4:49 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
A new OS X update makes Macs run smoother and more efficient, because it is new technology.

well Apples been busted for using New software updates to purposely slow down there iPhone's so u can go out and purchase another..... I wonder if they are doing this to their laptops and causing lots of issues to especially DJ's I would not be surprised fellas.
DJ Tecniq 5:22 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

well Apples been busted for using New software updates to purposely slow down there iPhone's so u can go out and purchase another..... I wonder if they are doing this to their laptops and causing lots of issues to especially DJ's I would not be surprised fellas.
Bingo! There’s a lawsuit going on about the whole iPhone ordeal. I have no doubt in my mind they are doing the same with Macs. They took down all their old OS X releases from the App Store. They want every user on High Sierra and they are making it more difficult for users to downgrade their OS X. And i know personal friends that have older Macs and High Sierra runs like dog shit on them. Apple is out for your money.
DJRodC 5:30 PM - 15 March, 2018
Hi DJ Val-BKNY11203,

I see in your picture you are using a mixer. Does it have touch pad to setup various que points. Can you jump from one que point to another and not lose audio?
John Calipari 6:56 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
serato dj 2.0
2012 Mac Pro
i7 16 Gb Mem 2.0Ghz
using Rane 62

When you say "Mac Pro", do you mean Macbook Pro or are you actually using one of those Mac Pro Desktop towers that are Gun Metal Gray & shaped like a Waste Bin? If so, cool albeit major overkill.
JuriV 7:04 PM - 15 March, 2018
What does this have to do with iPhones.... Sherlocks, ofcourse Apple wants to make money. Just like Serato. You Just keep running Yosemite untill the end of time guys 😂
Comrade Tulayev 7:34 PM - 15 March, 2018
Get a PC
DJ Tecniq 7:43 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
What does this have to do with iPhones.... Sherlocks, ofcourse Apple wants to make money. Just like Serato. You Just keep running Yosemite untill the end of time guys 😂
There are “tons” of professional dj’s using Yosemite for the simple fact the OSX still works with Scratchlive if anything were to go wrong with SDJ. It’s always good to have a backup.
Dj cuervo 9:03 PM - 15 March, 2018
This is a High Sierra issue .. maybe on upgraded machines. I know serato will test this!!!!
DJ Tecniq 9:33 PM - 15 March, 2018
Quote:
This is a High Sierra issue .. maybe on upgraded machines. I know serato will test this!!!!
Nice. So a fresh install will prob fix it?
DJ DiCE - CT 1:01 AM - 16 March, 2018
hey guys quick update. this weekend my hard drive crashed. (not serato related) lol. i used a reserve HD that i had my dated backed up to. (had to run home and install the HD) it was a hybrid drive . but honestly it was soooo laggy. i went out and purchased a Samsung Evo 860 SSD, and honestly ... maybe its not the OS or pc specs we need to keep looking at.. Maybe its the quality of the HD we use as Djs. 5400 & 7200rpm drive just don't cut it anymore. Anyone else using SSD with issues or are we all still using rotational drives that are reporting all the issues?
DJ DiCE - CT 1:05 AM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
hey guys quick update. this weekend my hard drive crashed. (not serato related) lol. i used a reserve HD that i had my dated backed up to. (had to run home and install the HD) it was a hybrid drive . but honestly it was soooo laggy. i went out and purchased a Samsung Evo 860 SSD, and honestly ... maybe its not the OS or pc specs we need to keep looking at.. Maybe its the quality of the HD we use as Djs. 5400 & 7200rpm drive just don't cut it anymore. Anyone else using SSD with issues or are we all still using rotational drives that are reporting all the issues?

i did install a fresh OS & migrated the files over using Migration Assistant.
AJRockstar 1:10 AM - 16 March, 2018
I have an SSD. No sound dropouts. Just intermittent waveform lags (on max zoom). But it doesn't affect play back or actual software crashing. I guess I should keep the waveform less zoomed in during performances.
DjSyndic8 2:24 AM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
Bingo! There’s a lawsuit going on about the whole iPhone ordeal. I have no doubt in my mind they are doing the same with Macs. They took down all their old OS X releases from the App Store. They want every user on High Sierra and they are making it more difficult for users to downgrade their OS X. And i know personal friends that have older Macs and High Sierra runs like dog shit on them. Apple is out for your money.

Im having no issues with El Capitan but I think I might do a dualboot with High sierra so if there is a issue I can just reboot with EL Capitan
DJ Tecniq 2:26 AM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
For the record I’ve never heard of a hybrid drive before? Most newer Macs already have SSD’s built in. Assuming yours is a older Mac? Glad you got it figured out an SSD will always perform better than a reg drive. They are faster and 10x more reliable and definitely less prone to failure.
DjSyndic8 2:36 AM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
For the record I’ve never heard of a hybrid drive before? Most newer Macs already have SSD’s built in. Assuming yours is a older Mac? Glad you got it figured out an SSD will always perform better than a reg drive. They are faster and 10x more reliable and definitely less prone to failure.

your right bro but it all depends on how much you spend on your ssd the more you spend the better the quality of the ssd drive
DJ Tecniq 3:54 AM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
your right bro but it all depends on how much you spend on your ssd the more you spend the better the quality of the ssd drive
Samsung ssd’s are the way to go. Hell i got a Ext Samsung T3 and it’s one of the best external drives I’ve ever had. Fits in the palm of my hand.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:21 AM - 17 March, 2018
Quote:
Hi DJ Val-BKNY11203,

I see in your picture you are using a mixer. Does it have touch pad to setup various que points. Can you jump from one que point to another and not lose audio?

Yes I use my cue points with no issue. I use PNT all the time with no issue. I also use a Roland DJ-808 with all the cues with no problem. The software works for me. I have zero complaints.
DJRodC 4:39 PM - 17 March, 2018
Hello again DJ Val-BKNY11203,

What is the hardware configuration of your i5 Acer? What graphics card, how much RAM, what type of storage (SSD or HDD), WIndows version and if you use iTunes for your music library, what version of iTunes? The Serato DJ Pro you are using, is it 32bit or 64bit?
DJ BernieB (Toronto) 9:54 PM - 20 March, 2018
I agree that newer Apple OS’s are more taxing on the system especially with security updates to patch Spectre and Meltdown. I still use Yosemite since it just works the best out of current Mac operating systems and am accepting there will be no security fix for Spectre and Meltdown by Apple. :(
JuriV 4:26 PM - 21 March, 2018
For those of you claiming that this issue is caused by not running a "clean install" of macOS:

Today I tested with a newer Macbook than the one I'm already using for DJ'ing. This one has a clean install of High Sierra. The specs of this computer are as follows:

Macbook Pro Retina
macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
500 GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Ofcourse all tweaks were made to make sure Serato runs smoothly. (Wifi/Bluetooth off, the whole list).

I started with a fresh install of Serato DJ Pro 2.01 and imported five tracks and let Serato analyze. That took about 5 or 6 minutes.

When I connected my controller it got recognized and...spoiler alert. The first track I loaded had the same dropouts in audio and waveform on screen. The same with other tracks. Some even failed or took forever to load in the first place. Also I set the USB buffer to maximum value, but that didn't solve anything either.
DJRodC 8:50 PM - 21 March, 2018
JuriV,

DJ Tecniq provided a link to a Mac32 version of the Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1 in another thread. Have you tried this and if you have, does it fix the problem?
JuriV 8:57 PM - 21 March, 2018
No, I haven't. Had a look, but can't find it. Do you mean a 32 bit version?

Do you have a link maybe?
DJRodC 9:37 PM - 21 March, 2018
JuriV,

Under Serato DJ Pro downloads, there is a "Manuals and download" drop down, which includes a Serato DJ Pro MAC OS X 32-BIT Installer. Here is the link serato.com.
JuriV 10:19 PM - 21 March, 2018
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Dj cuervo 3:51 PM - 22 March, 2018
I went back to 2.0 . I had two crashes at a corp gig last weekend with 2.01. I was using my vci 380.
2011 Late Macbook pro
I5 16gb ram

I did a 5 hour mix yesterday on 2.0. I get the waveform lag but no crashing. I'm going to hold off on Serato dj pro for gigs now.
DJ Tecniq 6:22 PM - 22 March, 2018
Quote:
For those of you claiming that this issue is caused by not running a "clean install" of macOS:

Today I tested with a newer Macbook than the one I'm already using for DJ'ing. This one has a clean install of High Sierra. The specs of this computer are as follows:

Macbook Pro Retina
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
500 GB SSD
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Ofcourse all tweaks were made to make sure Serato runs smoothly. (Wifi/Bluetooth off, the whole list).

I started with a fresh install of Serato DJ Pro 2.01 and imported five tracks and let Serato analyze. That took about 5 or 6 minutes.

When I connected my controller it got recognized and...spoiler alert. The first track I loaded had the same dropouts in audio and waveform on screen. The same with other tracks. Some even failed or took forever to load in the first place. Also I set the USB buffer to maximum value, but that didn't solve anything either.
Wow so that pretty much says SDJ Pro has compatibility issues w/High Sierra. But somehow Serato is claiming it’s supported🤔 What’s wrong with that picture...
AJRockstar 6:42 PM - 22 March, 2018
Yosemite is not officially supported.. therefore thinking of downgrading my Mac pro 2011 w/ SSD and 16gb ram to El Capitan from high Sierra.
DjSyndic8 4:27 AM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:
Yosemite is not officially supported.. therefore thinking of downgrading my Mac pro 2011 w/ SSD and 16gb ram to El Capitan from high Sierra.

Yosemite works well with SDJ Pro
DJ Tecniq 3:52 PM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yosemite works well with SDJ Pro
Not for me I had delay in the software happen randomly in the middle of my set out of nowhere. Every movement or action on my SR2 was seconds ahead of the software. Waveforms got extremely glitchy. I ran the last SDJ build (before Pro) and it ran solid the whole time. From that experience alone I have discontinued use of SDJ Pro for now.
DJ Tecniq 3:56 PM - 23 March, 2018
It’s very possible that’s why Yosemite isn’t supported. When I mean it randomly occurred it happened then just corrected itself. My specs are a 15” mbp i7 w/16 gigs ram and nvidia graphics. What is odd is SDJ Pro ran smooth a whole week before.
JuriV 5:39 PM - 23 March, 2018
Wow so that pretty much says SDJ Pro has compatibility issues w/High Sierra. But somehow Serato is claiming it’s supported🤔 What’s wrong with that picture...

Exactly my point. Kind of frustrating, because updates in the past never caused these types of problems and they always let us know when it was safe to upgrade the OS.
JuriV 8:40 PM - 23 March, 2018
So, I have tried the 32 bit version of Serato DJ Pro 2.01 and it seems to work just fine on both of my systems. There you have it.
AJRockstar 8:59 PM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:
So, I have tried the 32 bit version of Serato DJ Pro 2.01 and it seems to work just fine on both of my systems. There you have it.

What OsX version r u running and computer specs please...?
JuriV 9:06 PM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:

It's in the thread:

Macbook Pro Mid 2014
2,5 GHz i7
16 GB RAM
Intel Iris Pro 1536

Macbook Pro Retina
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
500 GB SSD
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
DJ Tecniq 10:27 PM - 23 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

It's in the thread:

Macbook Pro Mid 2014
2,5 GHz i7
16 GB RAM
Intel Iris Pro 1536
Exact laptop i have thunk I’ll use the 32 bit version of SDJ Pro from now on.
DJ Tecniq 10:27 PM - 23 March, 2018
Think*
Dj cuervo 2:41 PM - 24 March, 2018
I get the lag while fast scratching or back spinning/juggling with P&T plugin enabled. I disabled it and can't reproduce it now. Can someone test this?

2.4GHz MacBook Pro
Intel Core i5
high Sierra
16 GB RAM
DJRodC 5:53 PM - 24 March, 2018
Quote:
I get the lag while fast scratching or back spinning/juggling with P&T plugin enabled. I disabled it and can't reproduce it now. Can someone test this?

2.4GHz MacBook Pro
Intel Core i5
high Sierra
16 GB RAM

This is a good find, I tried this on Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1 64bit and I have a HP laptop i7, seems to work, but not a 100% workaround. I do see the waveform lag in some places on que point finger drumming. Audio is also not 100%, again when que point finger drumming if the que points are far apart (maybe greater than 64 beats apart).

But turning off P&T does help. Just be aware when doing a set/session and if you setup que points all over any particular song, you may not get the desired result if use que point finger drumming.

BTW: que point finger drumming of various beat distance from other que points is not a problem at all in Serato DJ 1.9.10.
Dj cuervo 10:45 PM - 4 April, 2018
I download the 32 bit version of serato dj pro 2.02. It was not able to reproduce in the 32 bit version. I going test and may use at small cookout this weekend. I have P&T enabled... no lag..
DJ Chris AKA DJ 99 11:17 PM - 4 April, 2018
Quote:

Macbook Pro Retina
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
500 GB SSD
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Were the files M4a or Mp3?
I noticed the same dropouts as the other posters. Only on M4a file MP3s run smooth. I switched back to 1.9.10 for now.
Dj cuervo 11:19 PM - 4 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Macbook Pro Retina
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
500 GB SSD
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I noticed the same dropouts as the other posters. Only on M4a file MP3s run smooth. I switched back to 1.9.10 for now.

Test with 32 bit version
DJRodC 3:48 AM - 5 April, 2018
Hi all,

Just tested out Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 64bit version. It's fixed for other problems, except for this dropout problem.

I also turned off Pitch-N-Time as was suggested on another report and the audio drop out is actually gone, but the visual wave form is getting truncated when jumping from one que point to another. Have not tried out Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 32bit. I'll checking that out next.

If you are not much into visuals, looks like Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 64bit version with Pitch-N-Time turned off is okay.
JuriV 7:43 AM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:

I have experienced dropouts regardless of file format and extension.
SG SOUNDS 9:43 AM - 5 April, 2018
I'm on Mavericks using a 2012 macbook pro, not once have I ever had any problems running any serato DJ or pro versions including scratch live..The weird thing is Mavericks is not even supported no more with the newer versions of serato dj pro and yet I gets no problems...I will continue to use Mavericks until I can't use it no more.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:22 AM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
sorry 2.9 Ghz i7

Good Lort...

Great specs...
DJ Chris AKA DJ 99 1:06 PM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
I'm on Mavericks using a 2012 macbook pro, not once have I ever had any problems running any serato DJ or pro versions including scratch live..The weird thing is Mavericks is not even supported no more with the newer versions of serato dj pro and yet I gets no problems...I will continue to use Mavericks until I can't use it no more.

Should be the golden rule of adopting new tech.
If it aint broke dont fix it!!
DjSyndic8 3:11 PM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Should be the golden rule of adopting new tech.
If it aint broke dont fix it!!

in life too
Dj cuervo 4:26 PM - 5 April, 2018
Coming from a Software QA engineer you normally test the last three OS on a number of machines .. older and newer. I notice the issue is with older Macbook(2010- 2015) pro running High sierra on the 64bit Serato dj pro. In my case late 2011 Macbook. If you are getting the issue please post the year of your Macbook running high sierra so the serato team can reproduce.
spofftastic 10:14 PM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
Coming from a Software QA engineer you normally test the last three OS on a number of machines .. older and newer. I notice the issue is with older Macbook(2010- 2015) pro running High sierra on the 64bit Serato dj pro. In my case late 2011 Macbook. If you are getting the issue please post the year of your Macbook running high sierra so the serato team can reproduce.

this....
Dj cuervo 2:41 PM - 30 April, 2018
I went back to OS X Yosemite from High Sierra. I have no issues with Serato DJ Pro. I will not upgrade until I buy a new machine. I have learned my lesson.
v@l 8:22 AM - 2 May, 2018
I have this issue also Macbook Pro Mid 2012 i7 2.9Ghz 2tb sshd hIgh sierra 10.13.3
DJ BLACKGH 12:08 PM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:
I went back to OS X Yosemite from High Sierra. I have no issues with Serato DJ Pro. I will not upgrade until I buy a new machine. I have learned my lesson.

how did you go back
DJ Tecniq 5:57 PM - 21 September, 2018
Quote:
I have this issue also Macbook Pro Mid 2012 i7 2.9Ghz 2tb sshd hIgh sierra 10.13.3
If you just updated your OS to High Sierra that’s likely the issue many users are having. Try a clean install of your operating system cause most users been having issues after updating the OS.
Dj cuervo 9:13 PM - 22 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

how did you go back

I have a old macbook with Yosemite and use hard drive clone software to get that OS image.
DJ DiCE - CT 3:12 AM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
If you just updated your OS to High Sierra that’s likely the issue many users are having. Try a clean install of your operating system cause most users been having issues after updating the OS.

So, what OS for a mac is most stable from what youve seen?

Mid2012 13inch 16GB Ram, 2.9 Ghz i7 10.13.5
1TB Samsung SSD
DJ Tecniq 5:12 AM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
So, what OS for a mac is most stable from what youve seen?

Mid2012 13inch 16GB Ram, 2.9 Ghz i7 10.13.5
1TB Samsung SSD
I believe any OS would be perfectly fine but to just make sure you do a fresh install of the OS. Which means wiping the computer clean, backing up your data and then do a clean install. There’s little that can go wrong cause you’re basically on a fresh system again and starting from scratch.
DJ Tecniq 5:17 AM - 29 May, 2019
Sorry I said that in the wrong order.

1. Back up your data & deactivate all Serato products.

2. Erase the drive and do a clean install and create a bootable OS on a usb drive.

3. Once the OS install is created add your data back & reactivate all Serato products.

4. Download new OS updates, Enjoy a fresh system like new again.