Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Help with roland dj 505

Fire and Ice crew 2:20 AM - 4 March, 2018
I have a roland dj 505 and constantly the right platter keeps stopping after scratching. Its annoying and i've done everything I can think off. I have 16 gigs of ram and used two different laptop (macs) and the same issue happens after awhile randomly. Its gotten to the point I can't even use the thing. But I took it in for repairs to a roland repair site by me and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong! They even went as far to let me dj with my laptop in person which I did and of course it worked flawlessly. So I left thinking it was ok, but nope in my house the same issues arose. I tried different usb's and plugged it in different outlets and the same issue. I took it on one gig and it happened where the one side wasn't working and for it to work I found on that side you have to hold down the pads and switch to the left side. Which is not a comfortable way to dj and I could tell effected the mood of the event.

Anyway i'm stuck with this and its not working once again today when I powered it up. So i'm at the my wits end with this product and thinking of getting rid of it. My laptop is a 2012 i5 with 16 gigs of ram. BTW this happened randomly it was working fine and all of a sudden this issue started happening. I can't pin point what caused it but I'm still on the side of it being a defect somewhere. Maybe I dropped it or some type of liquid got into it idk. Its just strange and it only seems to happen to me when I play so if anyone else has dealt with something like this I hope you can help Thank....
dj_soo 2:43 AM - 4 March, 2018
I've been encountering this problem and it seems completely random but it does seem to trigger when scratching. The only fix I found was to power down and restart the unit as even restarting serato didn't help.

Happened like 8 times at a gig (thankfully a low profile one) and it just happened again today when I was just prwcticingz

It happens with both platters btw - probably whichever you scratch the most with is the on that causes you the most problems.
dj_soo 2:46 AM - 4 March, 2018
I have a video of it too - I would suggest making one the next time you encounter it for more ammo.

Whenever I try to make it happen by scratching a bunch, it doesn't actually happen :/
DJ Tecniq 6:38 AM - 4 March, 2018
Contact wherever you purchased from. Should be a 30 day return policy if it expired already contact Roland directly. I was debating if i made the right choice going with the SR2 instead of the 505. Glad i stuck with the SR2 it’s been flawless. If you’re using an external drive i would limit any other usb devices you use and see if you still get the same result with the 505. I’m on Yosemite still on SDJ Pro which ran perfectly even though the OS X isn’t technically supported. Older OS X always run better imo. I don’t believe everything Serato tells me.
Fire and Ice crew 6:39 AM - 4 March, 2018
Yes exactly! That's what I have to do is shut down the controller. I've never had this problem with any other controller but this one.

Also I have a video of the problem I sent it to roland but as I stated they I should get it repaired then as mentioned before I took it in and they couldn't find a issue. So not sure what else to do now... Seems like a defect of some sort...Idk though...
Fire and Ice crew 6:52 AM - 4 March, 2018
@djtecniq Yeah I gotta see what I can do moving forward to get it serviced. Because It didn't display the issue when I took it in to the service center. So now not sure what to do I can take it in again but if they don't find the issue its going to be a back and forth thing. I might just end up moving it in that case. Because I need something I can trust and that is solid when I do events and won't randomly act up. Besides this matter its a great controller all the way around. I just have some very minor issues but you get a lot of features for your $,if it was working that is
DJ Tecniq 8:43 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
@djtecniq Yeah I gotta see what I can do moving forward to get it serviced. Because It didn't display the issue when I took it in to the service center. So now not sure what to do I can take it in again but if they don't find the issue its going to be a back and forth thing. I might just end up moving it in that case. Because I need something I can trust and that is solid when I do events and won't randomly act up. Besides this matter its a great controller all the way around. I just have some very minor issues but you get a lot of features for your $,if it was working that is
I understand where you're coming from. Pioneer is really not any better long story short my first Pioneer DJM S9 was defective...contacted my retailer and they contacted Pioneer to get it sorted immediately. Sent out the bad unit and received a brand new replacement within less than a week which has been absolutely solid. I was slightly out of my 30 day return policy but luckily agiprodj honored the return. I sent them video clips and even posted it to the Pioneer forum. Both company's came through with outstanding customer support. Unfortunately defects happen with all products but the fact more users have commented and also have this same issue that's very concerning. Best of luck if anything try to get your money back wherever you purchased it from.
Fire and Ice crew 3:50 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I understand where you're coming from. Pioneer is really not any better long story short my first Pioneer DJM S9 was defective...contacted my retailer and they contacted Pioneer to get it sorted immediately. Sent out the bad unit and received a brand new replacement within less than a week which has been absolutely solid. I was slightly out of my 30 day return policy but luckily agiprodj honored the return. I sent them video clips and even posted it to the Pioneer forum. Both company's came through with outstanding customer support. Unfortunately defects happen with all products but the fact more users have commented and also have this same issue that's very concerning. Best of luck if anything try to get your money back wherever you purchased it from.

I'll try my best to do something in the next day or two thanks though for all your support....And I'll keep everyone posted if I find some sort of a fix...
dj_soo 8:49 PM - 4 March, 2018
Someone on the invite beta forum mentioned they had seen this with the 808 and changing usb ports helped? I did a gig the other night for 5 hours with the 505 and didn't encounter the bug and was using a different usb cable so I wonder if cables make a difference?
dj_soo 12:54 AM - 8 March, 2018
Hey Fire and Ice,

Just curious what Firmware you're using? Did you update? I never got a chance to use the older firmware as I updated right away and I'm wondering if the FW has anything to do with it.
dj_soo 12:54 AM - 8 March, 2018
I just had this issue happen like 10 times in a row (been trying to make it happen) within minutes of booting up the controller.

Now that I have my phone out to make a video, I can't get it to happen again :-\
Blitzy 2:38 AM - 10 November, 2018
It happens so randomly. Has anyone found a full proof fix. I can’t trust it at my gigs anymore. It stop half way through a song. I’m back on my turntables now till I can trust it will work with no issues
kmeex 4:52 PM - 13 November, 2018
Have you guys tried to extra ground the Device? Numark had that electrical interference problem wich was solved at least kind a solved with extra grounding. I have 808 and some places with bad wirings you can feel The static interference on The platter.
dj_soo 11:05 PM - 13 November, 2018
it's not a grounding issue - it's a manufacturing defect that needs to be repaired in house.
DJ Tecniq 3:31 AM - 14 November, 2018
Get your money back and get a Pioneer.
dj shon g 3:16 PM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
Get your money back and get a Pioneer.

True words spoken after my experience
vovaxsan 12:03 AM - 28 November, 2018
Joining the club