Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serao DJ Pro 2.0 Verdict

DjSyndic8 1:41 AM - 3 March, 2018
just Jammed today at a gig and I found it to be more smoother during scrolling through crates usually it will pause for a sec, it still pauses but not as often as last version,

sound quality was a big difference has a better and much louder audio output and it doesn't peak on my sound-system as much as before,I found the sound has more mids and treble but didn't notice an increase in bass, just running on the same system and settings as last version,

analyzing music was way faster on my MBP 2012 then my overclocked AMD 4.7ghz quad core machine with 32gb of ram win7 64bit....

shutting down was much faster

sampler vol was much louder without having to increase the vol that much

My win7 Laptop i7 actually runs serato dj without any issues, I can use this as a backup laptop now, this is the reason why I bought a macbook pro back in 2012 because of windows large library issue,

overall I like the new update... all my stress and loss of hair back in the day cause of Serato Dj,
but now it seems to be fixed,
R-A-C 2:07 AM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
sound quality was a big difference

the sound quality didn't change at all. serato confirmed that they didn't change anything in that regard.
Hanginon 2:42 AM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
the sound quality didn't change at all. serato confirmed that they didn't change anything in that regard.

Vestax never wrote 64 bit drivers for their Typhoon controller -
support.serato.com
That's the link for the known 32 bit ASIO driver. I have never used it, Serato DJ has always had a driver for the Typhoon built right into it.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when, after installing 64 bit DJ Pro, my Typhoon controller still worked. What? How? A 64 bit program sitting on top of 32 bit Audio, like the Video, which they have already said is still 32 bit?

So I asked Serato directly. Their answer -
"All the audio decoders in the 64 bit version of DJ Pro and Lite are 64 bit."

Something had to have changed.
DJ Tecniq 3:01 AM - 3 March, 2018
I’m using it at a gig and the audio output def sounds hotter than before. In a good way.
dj loco lopez 3:15 AM - 3 March, 2018
I'm in love all over again. Been waiting for this for years. I stuck with you. I knew serato would come through and they totally f---ing did. Lol. I'm live right now in the club.

If you gave us spotify integration? Holy crap man. What a combo! Great job @serato team. Thank you.
John Calipari 8:39 AM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
all my stress and loss of hair back in the day cause of Serato Dj,

I agree on all points except one . . . . . my hair isn't growing back
mixgoonie 9:15 AM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

There is clearly a difference, a blind test between sdj and sdj Pro is ezsy. Iagree that meds and high are a bit more louder but not the basses.
DjRoo-1 12:28 PM - 3 March, 2018
Still no grid view even tho we have been asking for it for years now
dj loco lopez 9:43 PM - 3 March, 2018
I think now that Serato has gotten past the massive undertaking 64bit version kernel development, i think we will see more add-ons and expansion packs in future updates.
dj loco lopez 9:45 PM - 3 March, 2018
P.S. First night out with SDJ pro went without a hitch. No crashes, no freezes. Very smooth even with every memory draining feature enabled and engaged.
DjSyndic8 12:30 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
all my stress and loss of hair back in the day cause of Serato Dj,

I agree on all points except one . . . . . my hair isn't growing back

lol bro I know there isn't a cure for baldness because the elites don't have it just look at the royal family in England the men are bald case closed.

also the amount stress I had to endure ever since I started getting issues in serato itch through to serato DJ was just overwhelming, the fact that every time you play live you just pray that nothing goes wrong with serato, that is the first thing on your mind and throughout your gig is i hope serato is not going to crash or when it freezes you always say "Oh Shit" when it unfreezes you butthole unclenches and you relax for the time being lol

but now serato dj will not be a burden on me as I play live because I'm starting to have faith in serato dj and its gonna be alright and you tend to relax more and concentrate on reading the crowd, enjoying the art of DJing and making people happy again :)
djdrwax 12:46 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Serato also said that the sound quality was better in Serato DJ than Scratch Live and that was obviously false. Sometimes you have to use your own judgment. I listened to it on my RCF tt system and Serato DJ sounded pretty bad when compared to Pro and even Scratch live. There is definitely a different and in my opinion better sound with Pro.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:53 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The first thing I told them in the Beta is that it ran hotter and they said no. There as a clear difference to me.
Johnny H 1:12 AM - 4 March, 2018
100% difference in sound quality.... period.

I can confirm while mastering on my studio RME sound card, that now serato DJ pro is not doing anything to the sound quality of the track, but everyone is now noticing an improvement in sound quality which is true! The new Serato has not increased treble or mid, it is playing as the track was recorded. i.e. perfect as it should do!

I have now compared some wav files in DAWs, Sound forge, Audacity, all music editing software and finally in the new Serato DJ pro, they all sound very close, again as the track was recorded. crystal clear

The old Serato DJ was contaminating the sound quality of tracks, its that simple. With the new serato DJ pro, its as if someone has lifted a plastic bag covering your speakers. Your now hearing the quality of the track as it would be played on any other device. The old Serato never ever allowed this it was muffled and seriously changing the sound from the original recording.

So the new serato is not changing the sound quality of your tracks, its simply playing them as they are records, in perfect quality.
DjSyndic8 1:27 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:

I can confirm while mastering on my studio RME sound card, that now serato DJ pro is not doing anything to the sound quality of the track, but everyone is now noticing an improvement in sound quality which is true! The new Serato has not increased treble or mid, it is playing as the track was recorded. i.e. perfect as it should do!

I have now compared some wav files in DAWs, Sound forge, Audacity, all music editing software and finally in the new Serato DJ pro, they all sound very close, again as the track was recorded. crystal clear

The old Serato DJ was contaminating the sound quality of tracks, its that simple. With the new serato DJ pro, its as if someone has lifted a plastic bag covering your speakers. Your now hearing the quality of the track as it would be played on any other device. The old Serato never ever allowed this it was muffled and seriously changing the sound from the original recording.

So the new serato is not changing the sound quality of your tracks, its simply playing them as they are records, in perfect quality.

wow niice info Johnny I mentioned on another thread saying
What If Serato did something with the new update which caused serato dj pro to have better sound quality, maybe it happened by accident I just pray they leave it or make it better in future updates just don't mess it up :)
DJ Tecniq 9:30 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Serato also said that the sound quality was better in Serato DJ than Scratch Live and that was obviously false.
^ This. I recall SDJ 1.6 - 1.7 sounded like a fucking tin can. I tested it on my QSC system and the bass was so muffled and flat compared to Scratchlive it was so bad I stopped using SDJ mid gig and loaded Scratchlive immediately the clarity and rich sound just came back. I think it was their auto gain or something. The sound quality has drastically improved since then. At one point I recall everyone bitching about SDJ's sound on the forum it was actually quite hilarious and sad at the same time.
DJ Tecniq 9:39 AM - 4 March, 2018
Side note: I always thought auto gain just sounded very muddy and the bass wasn't punchy enough. Like it had audio degradation loss. If I can play a song in iTunes and it sounds 5x louder than SDJ than somethings wrong...finally this has been sorted.
monchi 9:50 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:

Thanks for info
R-A-C 4:17 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
So I asked Serato directly. Their answer -
"All the audio decoders in the 64 bit version of DJ Pro and Lite are 64 bit."

Something had to have changed.

sure, additional components like drivers can also influence the sound. i should have said: the core sound "engine" didn't change.