Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ Pro - Deck 3 - SL3 - Neon ISSUE

musiclee 1:03 AM - 3 March, 2018
so i'm messing with Reloop Neon
using Rane SL-3
latest SDJ Pro on Windows 7 Pro

When i hit the "3" on the Neon, SDJ Pro not changing focus to Deck 3,
so i can't see the song loaded, unless i manually hit the "3" on the computer keyboard for Deck 3

the controls work on Neon for deck 3 like hot cue, etc,
but i need SDJ to change to Deck 3 when i hit Neon Deck 3 button

also, anyway we can see all 3 decks? only way is in stack mode,
i know i would have the 4th deck area empty but....

also in stack mode, why is deck 3 at the top?
i want 1 at top, 2 in middle, 3 at bottom
why can't we choose order?

why do i ask so many logical questions :-)
musiclee 4:48 PM - 5 March, 2018
Serato, possible to look into this?

may be an easy "fix" ?
musiclee 3:39 PM - 6 March, 2018
anyone else here using SL3?
musiclee 3:46 PM - 6 March, 2018
love the fact i get the extra player,
would be great if Neon could switch to it by hitting "3" :-)
Z-Point 11:34 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
anyone else here using SL3?

Yes...

The third deck is always on top now instead of on the bottom like it was with Scratch Live. Get used it. No, we can't change it, and it's pretty unlikely Serato will give us that ability since numbering decks left to right as 3,1,2,4 is the new norm.
Z-Point 11:41 PM - 7 March, 2018
.....I've learned to live with the deck order, especially since I now have CDJs with HID, but losing that deck order along with not seeing waveform tips in Stack mode were the two main things that had kept (and have kept) me using Scratch Live.
musiclee 4:49 AM - 8 March, 2018
Why not have option to choose order ?
Or drag and drop, re-arrange
like every other DAW I use
Yes I know this is not a DAW
But there is a reason the DAWs allow this behavior
It makes sense!!!

Just my $0.02 for what it’s worth!
Z-Point 6:04 PM - 8 March, 2018
You're tellin' me. :) I like having the lineup match my physical decks as much as possible...time to get an SL4.

Drag and drop for order...we think it'd be easy to do but it's either not as easy as we think, or really not a priority for the company.
musiclee 6:35 PM - 8 March, 2018
don't need drag-drop

why not choose order in settings?
1-2-3
3-2-1
3-1-2. etc...
Z-Point 6:38 PM - 8 March, 2018
True...true.
musiclee 8:07 PM - 8 March, 2018
if Serato can magically make that Neon button 3 switch SDJ to show deck 3,
like i think it should ,
that would be magical!!!

that is Z-Point i am trying to make :-)
Dj KoolBreeze 11:17 AM - 9 March, 2018
Quote:
if Serato can magically make that Neon button 3 switch SDJ to show deck 3,
like i think it should ,
that would be magical!!!

that is Z-Point i am trying to make :-)

Being a user of the neon since it came out. I actually won it here on the forums.
I dont think the behaviour u explaind is unusual. Thats how it actually meant to behave.
Because the neon is an SOA. and not really a controller per say. Its meant assist what ever other hardware u have on your set up. Trigger lopps, cues etc. on which wver deck you desire.
The fuctions will work for the appropriate deck as chison but it will never switch focus to that deck.

One great thing about that behavior is essential in how i use neon in my set up. I use it as an exclusive sampler and pad fx controller. Since i only dj with 2 decks, using sx2. my neon is always set to deck 4. Then the sampler mode is my primary mode. Now i can trigger samples anytime and change sample banks. While still have full controll over deck one and 2. If i hit pad fx. I controll deck 1 and 2. Kinda works great that way for me
musiclee 3:09 PM - 9 March, 2018
Quote:
The fuctions will work for the appropriate deck as chison but it will never switch focus to that deck.

but, it SHOULD switch focus,
makes no sense to get my hands off controller and press "3" on SDJ interface on laptop just to see which track i have loaded on Deck 3,

we should be able to see the 2 active decks and be able to switch to them via the NEON
Dj KoolBreeze 3:28 PM - 9 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

but, it SHOULD switch focus,
makes no sense to get my hands off controller and press "3" on SDJ interface on laptop just to see which track i have loaded on Deck 3,

we should be able to see the 2 active decks and be able to switch to them via the NEON

Technically ur able to do that. If ur in any mode apart from sampler mode on neon. Say cue, loop, slicer which ever. If u press 1 or 2 it will be responding to the corresponding deck. If say u hit deck 3 or 4 and u dont have 4 decks enabled, then there is nothing to to use those controls on. As hitting 3 or 4 actually means operate with that particular deck. However the sampler will still work as in my case vecause it kinda have nothing to do with the decks. Hope this explains or give u a better understanding
musiclee 3:50 PM - 9 March, 2018
i want FOCUS to switch to deck 3 when i hit Neon button 3,
yes the CUES work on deck 3, if i hit Neon button 3, but i cannot see them,
i cannot see what's loaded there, i cannot be sure what song is loaded, unless i am in stack view, which i don't like, as i canoot rearrange order, and don't like deck 3 on top

i have SL-3, so only 3 decks, not 4 like with SL-4 :-)

get it? i think what i am asking for is a SIMPLE & USEFUL function!!!