Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Duplicate Finder

Bonafyd Sound 9:55 PM - 2 March, 2018
It would be nice if Serato DJ pro would have a feature to locate duplicate files with latest play dates on them.. us guys with big music libraries could use this to narrow down and get rid of duplicate unplayed files.
Laz219 11:07 PM - 14 March, 2018
+1

If you use itunes though, it can actually find dupes for you.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:40 PM - 30 August, 2018
+1

Used an app called dupeguru on Mac. It's free to download btw.

A bit helpful but still missed a bit.
Chino 10:42 PM - 4 September, 2018
+1. This along with daymode would be very useful!!
Joe Fresh 4:42 AM - 5 September, 2018
+1

In the meantime, Gemini and Dupin are good alternatives.
Chino 12:31 PM - 5 September, 2018
Quote:

I may try this app out. I need to clean out my music/vid library before I transfer it all over to an external SSD.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:33 PM - 5 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I may try this app out. I need to clean out my music/vid library before I transfer it all over to an external SSD.

It's not a magic wand. You still need to check each track it suggests as duplicates. So have some time to spare 👍🏿

It can search by file name for starts or as music files

Music option will check ID tags etc

File name is another way but if you have tracks that have similar file name you will end up with plenty results.

E.g. CD rips that I didn't include artist name in the filename e.g. beautiful.mp3 or track 1.mp3

I also have now gone back to renaming the files with kid3 file tagger. It allows you to use the tracks idtags to rename the files. It also keeps the Serato id intact such as crates, so I didn't have to readd them to crates.

Now when I download new tracks i run the tracks through the tagger to ensure that the filename is right ie containing Artist- Title prior to adding to Serato.
RodrigoVolta 2:09 AM - 6 September, 2018
It would be a most welcome addition. Traktor's had it for years!

Unfortunately Serato's library management leaves much to be desired. It loses a lot to Traktor and Virtual DJ in this regard.

A palliative is 'Similarity' software that is specific to MP3. It analyzes the contents of the tracks as well as ID-Tag and file name and compares them. You can choose multiple folders to compare. But since nothing is perfect, part of it gets paid and it fails on some searches, not finding all the duplicates. I already tested several software and the only one that was better is this one.

www.similarityapp.com