Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro and Yoshimite OSX

j cue 3:18 PM - 27 February, 2018
just started messing with Serato DJ Pro.
One thing i have noticed is considerably less usb drop outs. which is good. although i still get the odd one.
Im still using Yoshimite osx.
My question is. should i now upgrade my osx or leave it the hell alone?
j cue 3:21 PM - 27 February, 2018
oh by the way. i did get a total stop for about 1/3 of a second. wave forms froze, music stopped. then continued. but no usb dropout warning light. this has been happening occasionally ever since i started using serato DJ. and i could never identify why.
popnwave 8:19 PM - 27 February, 2018
I would stay on Yosemite _unless_ you are running a 2015+ or later MacBook Pro.

What year is yours? Have you considered a clean install of Yosemite?
DJ Tecniq 2:45 AM - 28 February, 2018
It’s “Yosemite” it’s not Japan made. Sounds like the specs of your machine are under the requirements.
pdidy 3:16 AM - 28 February, 2018
WHAT YEAR AND specs are your mac?
Prestoe 4:51 AM - 28 February, 2018
I run 3 different PC's 1 good 2 old and crappy. Never had a USB drop out.

Macs are a special type of computer aren't they
pdidy 4:56 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
I run 3 different PC's 1 good 2 old and crappy. Never had a USB drop out.

Macs are a special type of computer aren't they

I would'nt say they were "special", The majority of us probably only own them because they run serato exceptionally well.
DANGERUST 5:03 AM - 28 February, 2018
I'm running Sierra have have been for some time now. The only trouble I had was,
once I updated to Sierra my mac couldn't find my external hard drive. I spent about an hour on the phone to apple and they finally fixed it.

Macbook Pro Retina, 15 - inch, Late 2013
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Prestoe 6:48 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
I would'nt say they were "special", The majority of us probably only own them because they run serato exceptionally well.


Yeah a couple of friends use Macs with Serato, they always seem to be complaining.

I have used Serato on Mac and didn't notice any better performance than PC, literally running side by side on my TTM57 Mk2.

The waveforms still performed poorly and was resource hungry on either platform (compared to the rival)

I have to used many PC's and Mac's for work for the last 16 years. Have never found a Mac to be superior at anything really, actually more restrictive.
DJ RED23 7:57 AM - 28 February, 2018
Is anybody having issues using Serato DJ Pro on OSX 10.10 Yosemite? I do see that on the software version / operating system compatibility chart that Serato DJ Pro is not compatible with OSX 10.10. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
j cue 9:32 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
I would stay on Yosemite _unless_ you are running a 2015+ or later MacBook Pro.

What year is yours? Have you considered a clean install of Yosemite?


Late 2013 macbook pro 13 inch retina display
2.6 GHz Intel core i5
Memory 8 mb 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 mb

Don't really want to re-install. this mac is only used for Serato and the occasional ableton edit.
It rarely sees the internet.
RIDDIMNBLUES 12:48 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Is anybody having issues using Serato DJ Pro on OSX 10.10 Yosemite? I do see that on the software version / operating system compatibility chart that Serato DJ Pro is not compatible with OSX 10.10. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.


Yes there are many posts online with people using Yosemite withe sdp with no problems...I’m using Mavericks with sdp and so far it’s flaw
RIDDIMNBLUES 12:48 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Is anybody having issues using Serato DJ Pro on OSX 10.10 Yosemite? I do see that on the software version / operating system compatibility chart that Serato DJ Pro is not compatible with OSX 10.10. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.


Yes there are many posts online with people using Yosemite withe sdp with no problems...I’m using Mavericks with sdp and so far it’s flaw[/quote flawless ]
popnwave 3:40 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Is anybody having issues using Serato DJ Pro on OSX 10.10 Yosemite? I do see that on the software version / operating system compatibility chart that Serato DJ Pro is not compatible with OSX 10.10. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.


Works just fine!
j cue 5:26 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
It’s “Yosemite” it’s not Japan made. Sounds like the specs of your machine are under the requirements.

Sounds like you need a hug today dude
DJ Tecniq 7:51 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
It’s “Yosemite” it’s not Japan made. Sounds like the specs of your machine are under the requirements.

Sounds like you need a hug today dude
No i just hate bad grammar lol
j cue 8:27 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It’s “Yosemite” it’s not Japan made. Sounds like the specs of your machine are under the requirements.

Sounds like you need a hug today dude
No i just hate bad grammar lol

apologies. we all have our off days
Mikkel Thomsen 3:37 AM - 4 March, 2018
@j cue

I have almost the same macbook as you, just with a 2,8 ghz i7 processor

Yosemite is still the best osx i think... i uptdated to sierra high today and sdj pro.. and i was not happy.. bad sound quality. More cpu usage.. and more delay from the cdj`s in internal mode...

Im gonna make a clean install of yosemite and run some tests on serato dj pro...

I really hope sdjpro can run without problems even tho its not officially supported
j cue 3:43 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
@j cue

I have almost the same macbook as you, just with a 2,8 ghz i7 processor

Yosemite is still the best osx i think... i uptdated to sierra high today and sdj pro.. and i was not happy.. bad sound quality. More cpu usage.. and more delay from the cdj`s in internal mode...

Im gonna make a clean install of yosemite and run some tests on serato dj pro...

I really hope sdjpro can run without problems even tho its not officially supported

thx for the heads up. ill probably leave it alone then for now
krisp kutz 4:08 AM - 4 March, 2018
i notice every 10 or so songs loaded on the left deck causes a stutter on the screen and sometimes cuts out music for a split second m on yosemite and i think that might be the issue i dred having to upgrade to high sierra to use serato dj pro. It was happening last night and i was talking to another dj friend said it was happening to him as well.
DJ Tecniq 6:18 AM - 4 March, 2018
I just used SDJ Pro at a wedding on Yosemite and it was flawless.
krisp kutz 1:19 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
I just used SDJ Pro at a wedding on Yosemite and it was flawless.

What hardware were you using ?
j cue 2:20 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
i notice every 10 or so songs loaded on the left deck causes a stutter on the screen and sometimes cuts out music for a split second m on yosemite and i think that might be the issue i dred having to upgrade to high sierra to use serato dj pro. It was happening last night and i was talking to another dj friend said it was happening to him as well.

this sounds like the issue im having
j cue 2:31 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
i notice every 10 or so songs loaded on the left deck causes a stutter on the screen and sometimes cuts out music for a split second m on yosemite and i think that might be the issue i dred having to upgrade to high sierra to use serato dj pro. It was happening last night and i was talking to another dj friend said it was happening to him as well.

this sounds like the issue im having

but not nearly as often
DJ Tecniq 4:53 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I just used SDJ Pro at a wedding on Yosemite and it was flawless.

What hardware were you using ?
Used the Pioneer DDJ-SR2!
krisp kutz 6:44 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just used SDJ Pro at a wedding on Yosemite and it was flawless.

What hardware were you using ?
Used the Pioneer DDJ-SR2!

Ya sim having the issue with a s9 my other friend said he had the issue with the s9 but on a controller he doesnt.
LoLyfe 2:02 AM - 5 March, 2018
Just to add. I'm using Yosemite also on a late 2014 15" retina (fully decked out minus the 1TB internal). All files stored on a GRaid external via TBolt 2. Used this weekend in a S9 with 1200's and a DDJ-SZ and MixEmergency with no issues.
Mikkel Thomsen 1:47 AM - 8 March, 2018
Just made a clean install of yosemite... and installed serato DJ Pro

In the first it ran smooth no problems.. on Djm S9 and 1200s

To save cpu on older mackooks i recomand to switch of hi resolution screen in serato Settings

Tomorrow im gonna run tests on Djm 900 and cdj 2000nxs..

Hope you all find this usefull and i hope serato gonna make serato dj pro official support yosemite
j cue 4:18 PM - 9 March, 2018
Quote:
Just made a clean install of yosemite... and installed serato DJ Pro

In the first it ran smooth no problems.. on Djm S9 and 1200s

To save cpu on older mackooks i recomand to switch of hi resolution screen in serato Settings

Tomorrow im gonna run tests on Djm 900 and cdj 2000nxs..

Hope you all find this usefull and i hope serato gonna make serato dj pro official support yosemite

would it not be more demanding on the cpu in an old mac to use high res screen?
j cue 4:22 PM - 9 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Just made a clean install of yosemite... and installed serato DJ Pro

In the first it ran smooth no problems.. on Djm S9 and 1200s

To save cpu on older mackooks i recomand to switch of hi resolution screen in serato Settings

Tomorrow im gonna run tests on Djm 900 and cdj 2000nxs..

Hope you all find this usefull and i hope serato gonna make serato dj pro official support yosemite

would it not be more demanding on the cpu in an old mac to use high res screen?

sorry i misread that at first. thought you said switch to, rather than switch off... my bad!
dj snow 7:08 PM - 9 March, 2018
I have a late 2011 Macbook pro with Yoshimite 10.10. So far Serato DJ Pro has been running flawless with no problems.
Mikkel Thomsen 5:50 PM - 11 March, 2018
From my post today

Serato DJ Pro x Yosemite tests Successfully

Computer Specs.
Macbook Pro 13' (Medio 2013)
2,8 gHz i7 Dual Core
8 Gb ram
512 GB SSD internal drive
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 (Clean Install)
Number of songs and videos in iTunes: 10.000

Serato Specs.
Serato DJ Pro 2.0.1
Pitch N Time Dj: Activated
Serato Flip: Activated
Serato FX: Activated
Latency: 2 ms

I ran two tests.

Testday 1: Pioneer DJM-S9 / 2x Technics 1210's

A one hour test with no problems at all.

Testday 2: Pioneer DJM-900 / 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS (HID-mode)

A 6 hour test with no problems at all. (Maybe the most stabile Version ever)

High Screen resolution was switched off, så after the 6 hours i tried to switch it on, and as soon as I did, the USB warning lights came on, and the sound became crispy from time to time. I turned it off again and everything came back to normal.

I dont know if the 15' Macbook will have the same sound problems.

Earlier in the week I updated to OSX high sierra 10.13 and ran some unsuccessfully tests, so I went back to Yosemite.

Conclusion.

You can run Serato DJ Pro on older Macbooks, but I advise to switch high resolution screen off in settings.

Still hope for an official Yosemite support from Serato HQ.