Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Echo out..

DJ-BRETT-HALEY 11:09 PM - 26 February, 2018
Just made the switch finally from testing the DJ Pro beta and now using the final release.

Moving over from ScratchLive and I use the Echo Out on there a lot. It seems to sound and act a lot different than the SSL one? Is their a way we can add the same features of the Echo Out on SSL to the new DJ Pro?

Thanks!

Brett
dj_soo 3:09 AM - 27 February, 2018
Try the new Clean Echo Out - might sound a bit closer.
DJ LIL M 4:04 AM - 27 February, 2018
can u activated it and dis activated with the echo still going
DjSyndic8 5:28 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
can u activated it and dis activated with the echo still going

try it bro it spose to be like the old scratch live echo out #justtryit
DJ-BRETT-HALEY 7:10 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Try the new Clean Echo Out - might sound a bit closer.

Have tried this and it's just seems like it's not the same as SSL's :(

Sounds clean but not in time, even though all my BPM's and the settings are set the same.
Andrei Matei 2:35 AM - 28 February, 2018
Yes, +1. The Clean Echo out makes the beginning of the echo louder, and has odd, delayed timing. The timing of the regular echo out on SDJ was fine, but the distortion was not. The saga continues...
DJ Tecniq 2:38 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Yes, +1. The Clean Echo out makes the beginning of the echo louder, and has odd, delayed timing. The timing of the regular echo out on SDJ was fine, but the distortion was not. The saga continues...
oh god it’s not even fixed yet...what are they doing over there. Am i gonna have to use virtual DJ just to get a decent echo out 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
DJ LIL M 3:23 AM - 1 March, 2018
i just make the echos out of looping and manually fading it with the fader
DjSyndic8 3:48 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:

thats seems to be the only way
DJ Tecniq 5:29 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

That’s sad that we have to result to that. The only echo out that currently works is my Pioneer DJM S9’s own fx. I haven’t tested the supposed “clean echo out” in SDJ 2.0 but i will try it with my other hardware. If it sounds bad i will make noise of it throughout the forum like i did the first time.
DJ Tecniq 5:29 AM - 1 March, 2018
Sorry meant SDJ Pro.
Andrei Matei 5:43 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
That’s sad that we have to result to that. The only echo out that currently works is my Pioneer DJM S9’s own fx. I haven’t tested the supposed “clean echo out” in SDJ 2.0 but i will try it with my other hardware. If it sounds bad i will make noise of it throughout the forum like i did the first time.

Looking forward to seeing what you think about it! For me, I'm sticking to echoing out on SSL or on a Rane 62/64 or my 68. DJM-S9 works great too, but I can't get happy with SDJ 1.8 (or newer) that it requires still. :/
DjSyndic8 8:32 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just tried it out and what I did with the echo out is just gave it more feedback and it actually tails out the echo longer and it sounded alright
Comrade Tulayev 9:36 AM - 1 March, 2018
Works great for me
DJ Tecniq 11:48 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Works great for me
Thanks for the feedback. Keep using it. Sometimes it works and other times it’s not on beat. Completely random.
schmapps 4:09 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just tried it out and what I did with the echo out is just gave it more feedback and it actually tails out the echo longer and it sounded alright

What do you mean by "gave it more feedback"? thx

DjSyndic8 2:10 AM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean by "gave it more feedback"? thx

in the sample bank you have a "feedback" filter which allows the echo to go on for longer instead of echoing twice then it stops.... you just have to give the feedback filter more vol to say about 4coclock on the dial
schmapps 4:09 AM - 2 March, 2018
I can only seem to access the feedback control in single fx mode.....and I can’t select the echo out effect in single fx mode to adjust it
DjSyndic8 5:55 AM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
I can only seem to access the feedback control in single fx mode.....and I can’t select the echo out effect in single fx mode to adjust it

you have to go into serato settings and add echo as one of the efx that you will use add it to fav then up top check use fav efx then vwalla you have echo
Justin Choy 8:44 AM - 2 March, 2018
Download the Wolf FX expansion pack (it's free).

- Select the 'Break Echo' effect
- Change the 'Mode' to 'Fade'
cotdagoo 2:35 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:

Any way to save these settings that you know of?

Really sucks having to open the fx panel, click the Mode button, and adjust Feedback knob to set things up the way I want every single time I use serato.
DJ Tecniq 3:40 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Really sucks having to open the fx panel, click the Mode button, and adjust Feedback knob to set things up the way I want every single time I use serato.
^ that part. I agree Serato should auto save the settings every time.
Justin Choy 8:09 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree 150%!!!

It's a pain having to adjust the settings/parameters everytime you flick between FX. It seems like it would be a simple fix, I really don't know why it hasn't been done to date....
Nathan Looney 8:38 PM - 2 March, 2018
Echo out?? back in the day when we used records and mixers built like tanks we didn't need an echo out. LOL

Funny what people complain about. Play the music, make them dance. 99% of the people dancing could care less about echo out.

haha, just kidding, well not really. Busting your balls yes.

People should be careful about what they wish for, eventually, they will make a mixer with a built-in eye that can scan the crowd and program music for the dance floor and all us saps will be out of a gig. hahaha...You think I am joking, wait an see.

Think about this, 15 years ago if you would have looked me in the eye and said I could carry my entire music collection in my front pocket I would have thought you were crazy. Not so crazy anymore now is it?

Echo out...hahaha

I can't wait, in a few years, there will be a post. I bought the new Serato mixer and it stole my job. hahaha Can you hear the echoes of my laugh?

Again, I am only giving you a hard time, but it is funny.
DJ Tecniq 2:47 AM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
Echo out?? back in the day when we used records and mixers built like tanks we didn't need an echo out. LOL

Funny what people complain about. Play the music, make them dance. 99% of the people dancing could care less about echo out.

haha, just kidding, well not really. Busting your balls yes.

People should be careful about what they wish for, eventually, they will make a mixer with a built-in eye that can scan the crowd and program music for the dance floor and all us saps will be out of a gig. hahaha...You think I am joking, wait an see.

Think about this, 15 years ago if you would have looked me in the eye and said I could carry my entire music collection in my front pocket I would have thought you were crazy. Not so crazy anymore now is it?

Echo out...hahaha

I can't wait, in a few years, there will be a post. I bought the new Serato mixer and it stole my job. hahaha Can you hear the echoes of my laugh?

Again, I am only giving you a hard time, but it is funny.
For open format dj’s echo out is a great tool esp if you mix fast and “actually DJ” thousands of dj’s use echo out on the radio. It’s just a part of being a mixshow DJ.
Nathan Looney 3:19 AM - 3 March, 2018
I was just busting his balls. It is just a funny thing to complain about. And I actually mix, Progressive house and techno does not need echo out. I would complain more about the program being 100% stable.
cotdagoo 4:05 PM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree 150%!!!

It's a pain having to adjust the settings/parameters everytime you flick between FX. It seems like it would be a simple fix, I really don't know why it hasn't been done to date....

I thought I was just being thick with the FX "Save" buttons trying to save my settings..

Glad to know it's not just me..

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to "Save" an FX bank without the parameters. Especially if you're only using 1 effect - there's basically nothing to save that you can't access from a dropdown menu already.

Tried digging into the fx preset files with no luck.. I'd love to just be able to save my own FX preset that has my parameters pre-set to my desired settings.