Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

RCF ART 745-A / Distortion After Prolonged Use

Djc Jimenez 4:39 PM - 15 February, 2018
I bought these speakers a couple years ago and they've been great... but recently 1 of them has been acting up. After having the speaker ON for a while and playing music in a considerably high volume, maybe around 70-80%, the sound starts distorting.

It appears that something in the amp overheats and causes this problem, it doesn't matter if I turn the volume way down or turn it off and then on... the problem remains. It only returns to its normal state when I wait a few hours and then play music again, probably because the amp cools down.

I already checked it is NOT the woofer or the HF driver the ones causing this to happen because I switched amps and the issue presented again in the other speaker. So, I sent the amp to the service center and they told me they didn't find a problem, but of course they charged the checkup (:

My question is, WHAT CAN I DO?! Do I have to buy another amp? or is there something I can do? Has anyone had any similar issue?
dj_soo 9:36 PM - 15 February, 2018
If it’s still under warranty, contact RCF and they’ll probably sort you out.
benictrs 10:26 PM - 15 February, 2018
I have owned art745a since it's release . I was very happy with them , no problem at all . sold them last year upgraded to TT25A MK2's .
There is definetly something wrong with your if you can replicate the distorsion on it .
Djc Jimenez 1:35 AM - 20 February, 2018
I'm from Mexico and the problem is we only get 1 year warranty here, so I'm out of luck. I had to send the amp to the service center in another city but they told me that my drivers are probably the ones failing, so I told them (again) that my drivers are not the issue since I switched amps to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Their answer was that they were gonna check again but I'm pretty sure they won't be able to do anything about it.

What's interesting is that a friend of mine owns a couple RCF ART 712 and he's had the same issue with both speakers, after prolonged use, they start distorting.

It seems that there's something going on inside the amp when it's been playing music for a while, it starts heating up or something and it distorts the music.
pdidy 3:28 AM - 10 October, 2018
WHERE do you set your gain at ? 12oclock?
paperkite 3:18 AM - 24 February, 2019
Quote:
I have owned art745a since it's release . I was very happy with them , no problem at all . sold them last year upgraded to TT25A MK2's .
There is definetly something wrong with your if you can replicate the distorsion on it .

i am thinking of upgrading from 745 to TT25s would you reccomend it ?
pdidy 3:21 AM - 24 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

why?
paperkite 3:24 AM - 24 February, 2019
just asking your opinion ?
pdidy 3:30 AM - 24 February, 2019
ok then get the ttl6 www.rcf.it
paperkite 3:32 AM - 24 February, 2019
dont you like your TT 25s i have been offered some at great price
pdidy 3:35 AM - 24 February, 2019
the ttl6 doubles your output the tt25 does not.
paperkite 3:38 AM - 24 February, 2019
ok but what about quality between the 745 and TT 25s i can afford the 25s not sure about TTl6
pdidy 3:39 AM - 24 February, 2019
then save your money
paperkite 3:48 AM - 24 February, 2019
the main thing i am asking is , is there a difference in quality between the 745 and TT25s
benictrs 2:20 PM - 24 February, 2019
Quote:

Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="11">

Yes there is a clear diference quality whise but not a noticeable diference in sound output ( spl ) .
It is definetly an upgrade in sound quality in my personal opinion . But it comes with a price tag ...
DJ Tecniq 6:42 AM - 26 February, 2019
Get a pair of QSC’s instead or run them through a mixer other than your equipment and retest. Could even be bad audio cables. Audio cables don’t last forever.
dinosg7 2:34 AM - 3 October, 2019
Quote:
I bought these speakers a couple years ago and they've been great... but recently 1 of them has been acting up. After having the speaker ON for a while and playing music in a considerably high volume, maybe around 70-80%, the sound starts distorting.

It appears that something in the amp overheats and causes this problem, it doesn't matter if I turn the volume way down or turn it off and then on... the problem remains. It only returns to its normal state when I wait a few hours and then play music again, probably because the amp cools down.

I already checked it is NOT the woofer or the HF driver the ones causing this to happen because I switched amps and the issue presented again in the other speaker. So, I sent the amp to the service center and they told me they didn't find a problem, but of course they charged the checkup (:

My question is, WHAT CAN I DO?! Do I have to buy another amp? or is there something I can do? Has anyone had any similar issue?[/quote

Same issue here with 712 mk2. Did you find a solution to the problem?