DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DigiWaxx Points

BigDookie 10:05 PM - 19 June, 2006
Hi,

I just got in digiwaxx. wanted to know if anyone knows what points are for? i got 10 points after reveiwing 2 tracks. whats it mean?

also, whats it mean when a song has 1 point.

thanks in advance
DJ Evil One 10:39 PM - 19 June, 2006
it will help you get power ups when you get to the warp zone. also be sure to collect the magic hearts for health and the special beers to help you get your confidence up at a gig.
D-Twizzle 10:43 PM - 19 June, 2006
Quote:
it will help you get power ups when you get to the warp zone. also be sure to collect the magic hearts for health and the special beers to help you get your confidence up at a gig.

LOL!
sixxx 10:57 PM - 19 June, 2006
The points are for some type of future rewards.
mister iLL 11:50 PM - 19 June, 2006
the points are to make you think there's some reason to earn points so you'll keep filling out reviews for crappy songs
Dj KaGeN 11:53 PM - 19 June, 2006
^^ I thought it was only me having those thoughts
hologram 11:59 PM - 19 June, 2006
has anyone actually gone through and reviewed everything?
sixxx 12:16 AM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:

I review everything even if I find their songs crappy and don't download them. I just want to make sure they know their shit is weak or hot.
noncents 12:25 AM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:

omfg. HAHAHA.
i opened this thread wonderin myself wut the points were for. n then i was like "really u get powerups?" lol freekin hilarious
DJ Unique 12:35 AM - 20 June, 2006
Same here, I review everything and download most everything except for the real bad songs.

You guys have to remember though, as with any record pool, you will be bombarded with a lot of tracks, some of them unusable. There are a lot of people trying to break into the music industry. Not all of them are talented. You will, however find great tracks that will not be immediately available for purchase, and you will be one of the first to break the song.

One good thing for me is that Digiwaxx is free. I've joined pools in the past and have always had to pay.
DJ KEVLAR 2:16 AM - 20 June, 2006
www.scratchlive.net

Check out this thread
Dj Chris Deza 4:25 AM - 20 June, 2006
Also keep in mind that you might not be feeling a track right now, but 4 months from now when the record company decides to push that lame ass tarck it will find its way to your weekly crate.
DJLorrence 5:57 AM - 20 June, 2006
watch out they might actually call you!!!
DeezNotes 2:30 PM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:

I have. I try to stay up to date with the reviews at least on a weekly basis, just like a regular record pool.
Likwid 2:40 PM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:

haha, thats jokes... i already warped, i'm on 8-1.
DJ Nevoc 2:56 PM - 20 June, 2006
For Rizzo, I'm so glad that there is a site like digiwaxx!! Since I can review tracks, I feel obligated to the world to not allow wack ass track to get airplay. My friend was over the other day and was like, "Wow, you don't hold back!" Yeah I dont give a sh*t, I hope they show the guy who made the track, maybe it will inspire him not to make sh*t.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:00 PM - 20 June, 2006
left right left right up up down down select start.

that will unleash the hidden tracks that only the sacred have access to.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:00 PM - 20 June, 2006
and don't forget to turn off all the lights and spin around 6 times and chant 'bloody mary' six times
skinnyguy 6:07 PM - 20 June, 2006
anybody ever get tracks sent to be reviewed again? after you 've already reviewed them? i KNOW sometimes after a session of feedbackin, within a week or so i get another alert for that same artist, same song which i KNOW i did the other week.
DeezNotes 6:31 PM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:
anybody ever get tracks sent to be reviewed again? after you 've already reviewed them? i KNOW sometimes after a session of feedbackin, within a week or so i get another alert for that same artist, same song which i KNOW i did the other week.

This has happened to me once or twice. I know, because I download all tracks... not just some. If I already have the track, I know I've reviewed the song. The last time it happened was after they were down for a few days. I figured it was just a glitch.
DJ Nevoc 7:47 PM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:
left right left right up up down down select start.

that will unleash the hidden tracks that only the sacred have access to.

MIKE MIKE ITS NOT WORKING!!! LOL I know I have that code on the outside of my laptop case, next to it is a atari sticker that says Represent!
nik39 10:22 PM - 20 June, 2006
Quote:

Ha! Finally someone else reporting this! This has happened to me as well, and I know 100% for sure that it was exactly the same tracks (cause I already had them on harddisk).
mister iLL 12:35 PM - 21 June, 2006
i'd say at least once a month i get a couple of tracks i knnow i reviewed a couple of weeks prior. and this month i've received 4 calls from cats regarding tracks i reviewed on digiwaxx.
DJ KEVLAR 3:05 PM - 21 June, 2006
wow O have never gotten calls about tracks.
sixxx 3:34 PM - 21 June, 2006
I get calls from time to time. I usually don't pick up any number I don't recognize, so they end up leaving messages. I call back (sometimes) when I'm not busy.
djxatl 3:49 PM - 21 June, 2006
i i think they resend emails for review when they add new versions, like the nas track just now, the first email had clean only the second one had clean and dirty
DJ Flawless 4:41 PM - 21 June, 2006
yea i get called a bunch and when they call i try to squezze everything i can out of them by like asking them for vinyl and cds,posters stickers and junk

i think i hve gotten maybe 15 recoreds from them and a handfull of stickers and i even got a t-shirt
skinnyguy 9:13 PM - 21 June, 2006
no calls...(i don't think) but i have gotten an email or two.
DJLorrence 10:27 PM - 21 June, 2006
LOL flawless you so crazyyy
Julls 10:50 PM - 21 June, 2006
I wish they would call me...but then I have not been on digi wax in almost seven weeks.
DJLorrence 10:57 PM - 21 June, 2006
lol. i had the CEO of digi call me. it was pretty awesome! real nice guy!
DJLorrence 10:58 PM - 21 June, 2006
i asked why some dont have insturmental, or acapella, or main, or clean sometimes, and he says it cause they suck and just dont send it them some times. its not that they have it and dont upload, it just that the label never give em the shit.
DJ Evil One 11:39 PM - 21 June, 2006
word...i on GP don't download joints w/out the inst. fuck em.
DJLorrence 12:33 AM - 22 June, 2006
boo yah said the studio mastah! can't wait till you in LA man!! pictures pictures pictures!!!
whorocs 9:13 AM - 13 April, 2016
i actually wondered too. i have a grip of points i was hoping i would eventually get something cool. i wish they had a little bit more music like dj city. i actually had a few dope rappers do a drop for me. so almost every review i do i ask for an drop. you never know who reads your review except the super famous people i just put a number 1/10 how i feel.
skinnyguy 5:51 PM - 13 April, 2016
omg. a 10 yr old thread got resurrected.
T.A.G-FRESH!!! 1:19 AM - 23 December, 2019
Check out the site now. It's different, and no longer free.