DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ksub and the KW181

Chrisjin 8:41 PM - 2 February, 2018
So I recently got into doing mobiles and started to buy equipment...... My very first setup were the two K12s and a Ksub..... Used it for a NYE party that had like 140 or so people in an 8,000 sqf hall.. Sounded pretty decent without ever having to crank them further than 12'o clock. I decided I wanted to keep upgrading my rig so I found a KW181 B-stock that was priced at a bargain with full 6yr warranty that I couldn't refuse...

Got it, plugged it in and bam...disappointed.... Here I was thinking some chest thumping bass compared to the tight punch of the Ksub.... In fact the Ksub sounded lower than that KWs..

It was clear that the KSub sounded way more bassier than the KW and all the settings were set at 12'o clock...tested different types of tracks from trap to dub to rap....only time I could get the KW to even sound remotely close to the Ksub was if I turned it to 1'oclock and with the Deep mode on.....So do you think the KW181 might be defective?
dj_soo 9:41 PM - 2 February, 2018
Could be - I've never been impressed with the k-sub and wouldn't use it for crowds bigger than 100
Chrisjin 10:42 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
Could be - I've never been impressed with the k-sub and wouldn't use it for crowds bigger than 100

thanks for the reply..So should I have QSC do the warranty work or have it shipped back to the seller?
Jake2007 12:45 AM - 3 February, 2018
@chrisjin

Hey man have u messed with the polarity button.
Im not a sound tech guy or nothing but i had two together one time in a small house room and there was no bass. Atleast not like i had heard it in the gig before. Messed with the polarity and it was a night day difference. Just something to check.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:58 AM - 3 February, 2018
Something is wrong. That KSub pales in comparison to the KW
Chrisjin 1:02 AM - 3 February, 2018
Quote:
@chrisjin

Hey man have u messed with the polarity button.
Im not a sound tech guy or nothing but i had two together one time in a small house room and there was no bass. Atleast not like i had heard it in the gig before. Messed with the polarity and it was a night day difference. Just something to check.

yeah it was on normal..it just sounded so much quieter at -/+0 compared to the Ksub
Chrisjin 1:04 AM - 3 February, 2018
Quote:

you think I should just send back to the seller or send it to QSC?
pdidy 3:15 AM - 3 February, 2018
Quote:

+1
CLEARLY, something is wrong.