Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

CD Ripper for Windows 10

BoogieMan34950 11:55 PM - 29 January, 2018
I'm using Cyberlink to rip my CDs to my hard drive & for some reason, I'm getting a lot of corrupt files, is there another ripper out there that plays well with SDJ?
Best
Boogie
AddamXavier 4:15 AM - 30 January, 2018
I just always use iTunes to be honest. I haven't gotten any corrupt tracks through my ripping.
BoogieMan34950 4:42 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
I just always use iTunes to be honest. I haven't gotten any corrupt tracks through my ripping.

I was under the impression that Itunes is a Music Organizer, I didn't know it has a CD ripper too. So I can use Itunes to rip my CDs to my hard drive?
Best
Boogie
AddamXavier 4:57 AM - 30 January, 2018
Yep, there should be a cd icon when you put a cd in, it'll let you fix metadata and determine what file type you want to rip it into. its basically the only thing I've used for cd ripping for years.
AddamXavier 4:59 AM - 30 January, 2018
there's also Exact Audio Copy (www.exactaudiocopy.de) if you are paranoid and you want to make sure the file you rip is fully correct, but i really think it's overkill (especially for ripping to lossless).
BoogieMan34950 5:09 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
there's also Exact Audio Copy (www.exactaudiocopy.de) if you are paranoid and you want to make sure the file you rip is fully correct, but i really think it's overkill (especially for ripping to lossless).

Thanks for all your help, I'll give Itunes a try.
RR437T 3:45 PM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for all your help, I'll give Itunes a try.

EAC is the best one. If you're getting corrupt files that's the one you want to use. You can set how "overkill" you want the settings be. At the very least, you want to use the optical drive calibration feature. iTunes is really not that good for this type of thing.
popnwave 6:01 PM - 30 January, 2018
Yeah if you still have problems after iTunes, go with EAC, it's the standard for ripping.
BoogieMan34950 6:27 PM - 30 January, 2018
Thanks guys, I wish there was a way to delete files in SDJ & from the hard drive at the same time. This is going to take some time.

Best
Boogie
popnwave 6:29 PM - 30 January, 2018
I just nuke them on the HDD and let Serato find them by Rescanning ID3 tags and sort them by the missing ones and select them all at the top.
BoogieMan34950 6:42 PM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
I just nuke them on the HDD and let Serato find them by Rescanning ID3 tags and sort them by the missing ones and select them all at the top.

But after you do that It's my understanding you need to delete them from the hard drive is this correct?
popnwave 7:05 PM - 30 January, 2018
I am doing it backwards, if SDJ shows it as corrupt I have a copy of Finder/Explorer up and I just search and nuke it on the HDD first. Then when I am done with EVERYTHING I hit 'rescan tags" in SDJ and when it's done you can sort by which files it sees as missing (orange color) and I select and delete them in one big group.
BoogieMan34950 7:15 PM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
I am doing it backwards, if SDJ shows it as corrupt I have a copy of Finder/Explorer up and I just search and nuke it on the HDD first. Then when I am done with EVERYTHING I hit 'rescan tags" in SDJ and when it's done you can sort by which files it sees as missing (orange color) and I select and delete them in one big group.

I have been out of the loop to long where can I get that program Finder/Explorer? that would save a lot of time.
BoogieMan34950 7:31 PM - 30 January, 2018
OK, I see that's a Mac program, but I see Windows has a third party workaround that I will look into.
Thanks
RR437T 12:22 PM - 31 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have been out of the loop to long where can I get that program Finder/Explorer? that would save a lot of time.

You already have it. Its the file manager that comes with windows.
Detroitbootybass 3:44 PM - 31 January, 2018
Another vote for EAC... it's not 'overkill' to do something properly the first time.
chris91 8:00 PM - 31 January, 2018
Foobar2000 works fine too + install convert package that includes mp3 and flac converter.