Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Serato Dj Pro Software ?

DjLouie Jr 11:56 PM - 26 January, 2018
So guy when are you Going to release Your New Serato Dj Software ?????????
mixgoonie 12:14 PM - 27 January, 2018
When will there be even an announcement ?
Big Pops 5:14 PM - 27 January, 2018
You would of thought that by now they would of even make an announcement to their user base, there is users testing the software and their are people publicly using it at Namm.
Come on Serato
PureARRT 6:40 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
You would of thought that by now they would of even make an announcement to their user base, there is users testing the software and their are people publicly using it at Namm.
Come on Serato
PureARRT 6:42 PM - 27 January, 2018
It’s insane that they’re not even addressing it.
Rebelguy 7:24 PM - 27 January, 2018
The update is still in beta. What are they supposed to announce?
Big Pops 7:42 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:

Thats a whole lot of B, how much software from big players in the music industry goes in beta and is publicly announced to user base.And the fact that it made it public appearance at Namm
PureARRT 7:49 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
popnwave 9:10 PM - 27 January, 2018
Another thread showing how dumb users can be.

If you paid attention to the stuff from NAMM, it looks like March will be the release or public beta. We just saw some cool new hardware finally shown off and what is probably flagship quality.

Be patient, if your current rig works, use it be happy.
Rebelguy 10:25 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Thats a whole lot of B, how much software from big players in the music industry goes in beta and is publicly announced to user base.And the fact that it made it public appearance at Namm

Yes and it is super annoying when they do it because a bunch of folks on the forums bitch and moan that they need to hurry up and get it out because their dj careers will be over if they don’t have the latest update. The worst part is when software companies miss their target date and then a bunch of folks threaten to switch to another software...and yet they are still there when the software is released.
DJ Tecniq 8:12 PM - 28 January, 2018
It crashed at NAMM multiple times and they had to restart the computer and reinstall the software. Sounds very promising👌🏼
Dave-M 9:00 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
It crashed at NAMM multiple times and they had to restart the computer and reinstall the software. Sounds very promising👌🏼

Yes, you keep saying.
Cnspeace 9:08 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:

If you paid attention to the stuff from NAMM, it looks like March will be the release or public beta. We just saw some cool new hardware finally shown off and what is probably flagship quality.

Another dumb comment. People pre paid for a product that uses the new version 4 months ago. Now the product is less than a month away and Serato is saying nothing. It is logical people are asking questions. The Rane 72 ships in February. Supposed to be the 1st product on the new software according to Rane's Namm video. So how you figure NAMM let you know it's March ??
popnwave 1:42 AM - 29 January, 2018
Oh sweet jesus. Just because you pre order something doesn't mean anything, you do realize people can take pre orders for ANYTHING and it has no connection to actual release dates. The video game industry is REALLY bad about this.

Take yourself down a notch, your big head is gonna fall off.

And the NAMM comment came from one of the bazillion videos Rane, Serato and dealers posted showcasing the stinking thing.
DJ Fluke 613 2:03 AM - 29 January, 2018
@DJTecniq, im curious, where did you read that ?

Also you always bash Serato yet you use it ? Let's say it did crash, why do you feel the need to mention it in every thread ? Why do you use it if you arent satisfied? I don't get your philosophy?

Get a fucking life man, seriously.
DJ Fluke 613 2:07 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Another dumb comment. People pre paid for a product that uses the new version 4 months ago. Now the product is less than a month away and Serato is saying nothing. It is logical people are asking questions. The Rane 72 ships in February. Supposed to be the 1st product on the new software according to Rane's Namm video. So how you figure NAMM let you know it's March ??

Until you get your product, Serato doesn't owe you anything, do you understand that ? So what if the pre order is Feb, do you think you are going to get hardware and have non working software? If you get your hardware and whatever Serato version is required is not out, I will cut my hands off and give you 10000 dollars. Whenever they release it, they release it. You cant dj on what you have now ? The fuck is the rush for ?

Also who ever told you the version that supports the Rane gear is 2.0???? For all you know there is a 1.9.11 and that's the version and it's ready to go , they are just waiting for hardware to be out. No one ever fucking said it's 2.0.
Cnspeace 2:32 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Until you get your product, Serato doesn't owe you anything, do you understand that ? So what if the pre order is Feb, do you think you are going to get hardware and have non working software? If you get your hardware and whatever Serato version is required is not out, I will cut my hands off and give you 10000 dollars. Whenever they release it, they release it. You cant dj on what you have now ? The fuck is the rush for ?

Also who ever told you the version that supports the Rane gear is 2.0???? For all you know there is a 1.9.11 and that's the version and it's ready to go , they are just waiting for hardware to be out. No one ever fucking said it's 2.0.

Y'all cant be reading anything. Serato owes Rane not me. I am one person do you understand that ? They have an agreement. If you are not up on things read up. This is not about a rush, this is about an inquiry. I have equipment to spin on. that is not the point. The Rane reps @ NAMM are the ones who said Serato Pro is real. there is no 2.0 to my knowledge. So you are far out the loop. I do think I will get the 72 WITH Serato Pro...point is why is Serato not saying anything until the last minute. If you don't know what coming with Serato & Rane in the next few months you are trash. Not about a rush ....this is a forum it is about research.

And Popandwave you have never seen Xbox or Playstation promo a console with no games. That was dumb. I am getting my info from several Rane reps and people AT NAMM....no rumors.
DJ Fluke 613 3:36 AM - 29 January, 2018
I have been beta testing 2.0 since November. I don't get what you are trying to say ?

The software is still I private beta. When they are ready, they will do a public beta. Again I don't understand what you want to hear ?

You seem to be fussing on something that is not relevant.

If they tell you 2.0 will be out in March, will that make you happy ? What would it change really ? What would happen if it's not out then and it becomes May, would your computer stop working ? Again I don't understand what you are fussing about. Also I am up on things. Don't worry about me :) You are inquiring on something that is asked everyday, and you and the ones who keep asking, are going in circles with each other. You guys have such an obsession.
Cnspeace 4:09 AM - 29 January, 2018
What I am trying to get is an update. That is the purpose of the forum. I am not here to vent. I am here to be informed. I have been checking youtube, twitter, insta, FB, Serato Forum, Rane Forum, and any vendor with info all week long. The reason why people are hype now is because NAMM happened. Now that that is over it's time to make moves. It would be best if a person does research before they fork over loads of money for something they may be dissatisfied with. I ordered the mixer, I watched the videos, I got the updates, and now the ball is in Serato's court. It's not just me. We just want to know whats up. If there is no new news I check back later. If there is an update...I read it...simple.
djcrap 6:44 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
What I am trying to get is an update. That is the purpose of the forum. I am not here to vent. I am here to be informed. I have been checking youtube, twitter, insta, FB, Serato Forum, Rane Forum, and any vendor with info all week long. The reason why people are hype now is because NAMM happened. Now that that is over it's time to make moves. It would be best if a person does research before they fork over loads of money for something they may be dissatisfied with. I ordered the mixer, I watched the videos, I got the updates, and now the ball is in Serato's court. It's not just me. We just want to know whats up. If there is no new news I check back later. If there is an update...I read it...simple.

When rane ships new mixers they always come with an installation cd Version of serato software for that new mixer!

So if you preordered your mixer and you get it in February will definitely come with some kind of version installation cd for serato Dj pro even if the main release is in march
Soil don't see what the fuss is about
djcrap 6:46 AM - 29 January, 2018
Soil = so i
😩👀👀
Rebelguy 8:30 AM - 29 January, 2018
News flash folks. 2.0 will probably not include drivers for the 72. There has never been any mention of the 72 in the Beta. They will probably release another update when the mixer drops.
Cnspeace 11:33 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

When rane ships new mixers they always come with an installation cd Version of serato software for that new mixer!

So if you preordered your mixer and you get it in February will definitely come with some kind of version installation cd for serato Dj pro even if the main release is in march

It's easy you don't have a clue what you are talking about. this is not Rane of the past. This is not new software. you must be LD if you don't know what an update is. Also it is clear who is only getting info here and no where else. You will hear about Pro in 2 weeks or less...fro Serato....and Ill be check each day for the public beta until my mixer arrives. You don't know what else it supports. Fixes for my 808..could be anything. Point is don't be slow..we are here for information.
Dj For You 7:39 PM - 29 January, 2018
Will the serato dj pro be free or paid?
DJ Fluke 613 7:44 PM - 29 January, 2018
free. Same as before.
Dj For You 7:52 PM - 29 January, 2018
I have my serato dj activated it will be more necessary to pay another activation?
8823430 8:14 PM - 29 January, 2018
I'm beta testing since november
When serato are ready to release it.
Just be patient ,i don't see why you have no patients.
I would rather have them spend a little longer getting it perfect .
djcrap 9:12 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's easy you don't have a clue what you are talking about. this is not Rane of the past. This is not new software. you must be LD if you don't know what an update is. Also it is clear who is only getting info here and no where else. You will hear about Pro in 2 weeks or less...fro Serato....and Ill be check each day for the public beta until my mixer arrives. You don't know what else it supports. Fixes for my 808..could be anything. Point is don't be slow..we are here for information.

I ain't gonna waste my time!

Cmon you are the one who is clueless! Because the update you talk about will or can be put on an installation disk that will ship with your mixer!

But if you also knew that it's the same engineers who designed and coded drivers for all the past rane mixers. Are the same people working on the 72 at inmusic. Which means I don't see any reason why inmusic would not allow them to carry the same work eithic they used in the past before Rane became purchased by inmusic.
Rebelguy 10:33 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cmon you are the one who is clueless! Because the update you talk about will or can be put on an installation disk that will ship with your mixer!

But if you also knew that it's the same engineers who designed and coded drivers for all the past rane mixers. Are the same people working on the 72 at inmusic. Which means I don't see any reason why inmusic would not allow them to carry the same work eithic they used in the past before Rane became purchased by inmusic.

Actually it seems like you were the one that is clueless. Since InMusic purchased Rane they have already moved the manufacturing from the USA to China and their customer service has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Those two moves alone should make it clear that the Rane of the past is done.
Blank_Disk 11:15 PM - 29 January, 2018
i keep reading the same comments "been testing since November" good for you, you see now you are already using what may be the new serato, have you thought this is why people are irritated, when only a select few get to look at the beta and we don't hear anything from serato as that's how its always been and the beta testers cant reveal anything or they get kicked out of beta group, funny thing is with Traktor, Rekordbox, even Deckadance you got beta's all at the same time, not that much is gonna happen now Gibson owns deckadance.
you see people are feeling left out after asking for feature after feature and the only update we ever seem to see is addition of new hardware and no responses from serato themselves, you just get the odd mod pop on and shout about us complaining.
CMOS 11:33 PM - 29 January, 2018
The answer as to when the software will be released is:

"When it's ready"

If they give a date, or promise features, and they miss that date, or decide to pull those features because they arent solid enough yet. You will be pissed.

If they dont announce any of these things, you will be pissed.
AKIEM 11:39 PM - 29 January, 2018
They should just leave a public beta version up all the time so everyone is happy.
DJ Tecniq 12:16 AM - 30 January, 2018
Is a public beta even going to be released? I didn’t keep my mouth shut last time so they kicked me out the beta lol oh well🤷🏼‍♂️
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:39 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:

"When it's ready"

If they give a date, or promise features, and they miss that date, or decide to pull those features because they arent solid enough yet. You will be pissed.

Bottom line someone is going to be pissed no matter what.
AKIEM 12:39 AM - 30 January, 2018
Kinda silly to not public beta first...
(but I remember at least once going out without private beta)
AKIEM 12:40 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

"When it's ready"

Yup, I'm already getting my complaints together
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:42 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"When it's ready"

Yup, I'm already getting my complaints together

Looks like you better get in line. There seems to be alot of people in front of you.
Aristotl3 1:11 AM - 30 January, 2018
i was at Namm this year. Serato didn't have a booth. They just had a few guys wearing Serato shirts bouncing around the show between partner booths. Pioneer had a lot of hardware this is Serato compliant but it was slightly unnerving to see how hard pioneer was pushing their own rekordbox DVS. What do you all make of this?
djcrap 3:08 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually it seems like you were the one that is clueless. Since InMusic purchased Rane they have already moved the manufacturing from the USA to China and their customer service has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Those two moves alone should make it clear that the Rane of the past is done.

Show me any where I say manufacturing is still in the USA and also show me any were I say that rane of the past is going to be the same!

Let me be clearer

It's the same engineers from the past rane who are now at inmusic working on the drivers for the 72 in collaboration with serato. it will be the same rane engineers who will code an update for the drivers of the 72 if need they will give the update to serato to post it on the forum Or they will put that update on an installation cd in the packaging of the mixer / box before the launch date when the manufacturing plant starts sending out shipments to vendors.

Is that too hard for both of you to comprehend 🤦🏽‍♂️
DJ Fras 3:24 AM - 30 January, 2018
Seems like Serato is playing catup to Rekordbox now.
Cnspeace 10:25 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Show me any where I say manufacturing is still in the USA and also show me any were I say that rane of the past is going to be the same!

Let me be clearer

It's the same engineers from the past rane who are now at inmusic working on the drivers for the 72 in collaboration with serato. it will be the same rane engineers who will code an update for the drivers of the 72 if need they will give the update to serato to post it on the forum Or they will put that update on an installation cd in the packaging of the mixer / box before the launch date when the manufacturing plant starts sending out shipments to vendors.

First off they won't send an UPDATE on a disc. Who even uses discs ? 2nd Chinese people make damn near everything we use. IDC who made it. 3rd, the update I am speaking on is info not a software update doh doh bird. Last if you don't have the 72 on pre-order how do you know anything ??? The first product for the new software IS the mixer. If you are not hip to info on the mixer why TF would I believe you in regards to the software ?
djcrap 12:44 PM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me be clearer

First off they won't send an UPDATE on a disc. Who even uses discs ? 2nd Chinese people make damn near everything we use. IDC who made it. 3rd, the update I am speaking on is info not a software update doh doh bird. Last if you don't have the 72 on pre-order how do you know anything ??? The first product for the new software IS the mixer. If you are not hip to info on the mixer why TF would I believe you in regards to the software ?

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ðŸ
¤¦ðŸ½â€â™‚️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
Who uses disc? Not every one in the world lives in first world or second world countries where internet access is always cheaply available. There are Djs in third world countries who still use dail up networks to download software. Where by having an installation cd packaged together with the manual and mixer makes sense.

Am done going in circles with y'all
Serato Dj will be out when it's ready and so will the 72!
Believe it or not
Rebelguy 3:46 PM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me be clearer

Rane from the past couple of year was never the greatest with their drivers so I’m not sure how that’s a positive.
webcke 10:58 PM - 30 January, 2018
www.digitaldjtips.com

Sorry if its been linked already.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:48 PM - 30 January, 2018
there is plenty of info online detailing whats in the new version and all i can say is prepare to be disappointed, there is one nice new feature but don't expect to see a lot from the feature request section,

sure i'm surprised that serato haven't made that area private like the help section, all pioneer have to do is have a look in there for great ideas and actually deliver them in a timely manor
Frank Calvin 11:53 PM - 30 January, 2018
See the new Serato Dj Pro 2.0 (Beta) no midi controler connected
youtu.be
Rebelguy 2:22 AM - 31 January, 2018
Quote:
See the new Serato Dj Pro 2.0 (Beta) no midi controler connected
youtu.be

Do you really have to post in multiple threads?
DJ Stygma 2:35 AM - 31 January, 2018
What is Serato Playlists? Looks like a new expansion pack.
DJ Tecniq 3:03 AM - 31 January, 2018
Quote:
Rane from the past couple of year was never the greatest with their drivers so I’m not sure how that’s a positive.
☝🏼What he said.
popnwave 3:04 AM - 31 January, 2018
I think that was because Rane ownership, as great as they were for years, was in the process of moving on. It's like a lame duck politician, you're there but your heart isn't in it.
Blank_Disk 8:31 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:

Along with serato library & spreadsheet.
Cnspeace 11:48 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you seeing this ??
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:27 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where are you seeing this ??

He's joking ;)

Serato Playlists are quite an old feature, you can read more here -> serato.com
Cnspeace 12:35 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:

He's joking ;)

I am familiar with that. When are you guys gonna makes something for a folder sync opposed to using itch or alchmie ?? I wish he was serious.
popnwave 3:41 PM - 1 March, 2018
CNSPEACE, dude pay attention to the quote tags, your comments are supposed to be after them. Your comments get lost when you keep doing that.
Cnspeace 5:23 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
CNSPEACE, dude pay attention to the quote tags, your comments are supposed to be after them. Your comments get lost when you keep doing that.

Stop Bitching,...you got the picture cornball
popnwave 5:49 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Stop Bitching,...you got the picture cornball

smh
djpacoh 6:06 PM - 1 March, 2018
serato dj pro and pioneer ddj sx1 is suported time code (DVS)?

DDJ SX1 + SERATO DJ PRO = DVS?---> please so be it
popnwave 6:19 PM - 1 March, 2018
SX2 not SX1. And you still need to buy the DVS upgrade.
DJ Tecniq 9:35 PM - 1 March, 2018
DVS was not introduced till the SX2. The SX1 is a hardware limitation. I’d say sell your SX for the SX2 if you want DVS options.