Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Phase Project??! :)

DJ SHY 7:43 PM - 25 January, 2018
www.phase-project.com

this looks pretty interesting!!!
DJ SHY 7:50 PM - 25 January, 2018
youtu.be - works with any DVS!
Dj cuervo 8:06 PM - 25 January, 2018
Dope man!!! Questions is how does it connect!!!
dj_soo 9:25 PM - 25 January, 2018
they have a diagram on the website. Looks like the receiver is a box that connects to the mixer (or serato interface) via rca cables.
Ragman 4:44 AM - 26 January, 2018
I'm taking a logical guess here but this might be a true game changer in every sense of the word. That is bad-ass.
Ragman 4:58 AM - 26 January, 2018
I literally can drag my CDXs out of the closet and use them with this.
wingcomm 6:52 AM - 26 January, 2018
So...how will this compare with the Rane Twelve?
Chiefrockaz DJz 7:06 AM - 26 January, 2018
DJ Tecniq 9:53 AM - 26 January, 2018
^ This will be the contender against the Rane Twelve. Use it with any turntable, vinyl, mixer...hell it doesn’t even need a t-table to function plenty of options here and I’m hearing rumors it will cost $200-$300. This will save dj’s a lot of money it’s a no brainer. And i love that you don’t need an adapter or drill holes for a custom timecode experience like the Rane Twelve...what in the actual fuck🤷🏼‍♂️
DJ Tecniq 9:56 AM - 26 January, 2018
And forgot to mention the fact it works with any DVS software. Truly incredible they took the idea of the Rane Twelve and completely simplified it. Hats off👏🏼
deejayayup 11:16 AM - 26 January, 2018
Makes the Twelve pointless if you already own turntables. Is the pricing for two of these units plus the receiver? If that's the case, I'm definitely copping.
lawrence567 11:25 AM - 26 January, 2018
I was toying with the idea of the Rane 12 & new mixer.
Think i'll just snag a pair of these & get a new mixer (probably an DJMS9).
Djkom 11:51 AM - 26 January, 2018
Nobody can't see a higher potential ???

I mean with this Phase technology, we don't even need a real turntable ! So put a simple belt motor (like the one in the pt01) on any static platter controller and you get best of both worlds: moving platters and static ones !!!

Fantastic solution for companies which don't have midi based turntable technology !

Pioneer do you hear me ??? I would love too see a mix between the sc3900 and the cdj2000nxs2 before Denon drops a kind of sc5900 with a motorized platter ...

I'm sure some modders will jump on this concept :-)
DJ Tecniq 12:47 PM - 26 January, 2018
This is fucking crazy so the mixer doesn’t get plugged into the laptop anymore? The mixers usb cable connects directly to the receiver box like a Rane box would? Except no USB ports are being used on the laptop? Someone correct me if I’m wrong that is fucking so convenient! -> youtu.be
Clubber1970 12:51 PM - 26 January, 2018
As i understand you'll need of course a DVS ready Mixer for this solution. The receiverbox will be pluged with RCA's in the mixer or serato sl-box instead of the turntables.
DJ Tecniq 12:51 PM - 26 January, 2018
So i can still use my S9 on board fx and they’ll still work with the software?
DJ Tecniq 12:52 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
As i understand you'll need of course a DVS ready Mixer for this solution. The receiverbox will be pluged with RCA's in the mixer or serato sl-box instead of the turntables.
I already have the S9. It just blows my mind the mixer doesn’t need to be plugged into the computer anymore. It’s bonkers!
Clubber1970 12:54 PM - 26 January, 2018
Yes, you'll use your mixer (e.g. a S9) the same way as before connected with a USB cable and running your preferred Software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox, etc).
Clubber1970 12:55 PM - 26 January, 2018
So you need a USB connection from your mixer to your computer...
DJ Tecniq 1:02 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
So you need a USB connection from your mixer to your computer...
But the receiver has a usb cable attached also? So that means 2 USB ports used up?
DJ Tecniq 1:08 PM - 26 January, 2018
So this device will only work with DVS mixers that have 2 USB ports am i correct?
DJ Tecniq 1:21 PM - 26 January, 2018
Nevermind i see the usb is for power to the receiver which prob gets plugged into the computer. So it’s very similar to a Rane box but shits all over it.
Clubber1970 1:43 PM - 26 January, 2018
The USB connection for the receiver is for getting power on that device for the normal operation and for charging the senders/sticks.
Qbaas 2:52 PM - 26 January, 2018
i think you won't have to connect the rca's and grounds of turntable anymore. Wireless signal to the box the has rca line outputs to the mixer
AKIEM 3:47 PM - 26 January, 2018
Interesting, but not a contender imo.
Rebelguy 5:40 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:

Why is that? It seems like it’s the biggest DJ oriented Hit from the NAMM show this year.
DJ Tecniq 6:17 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Why is that? It seems like it’s the biggest DJ oriented Hit from the NAMM show this year.
Thank You...no need for expensive turntables just to use it.
djxcellerator 8:35 PM - 26 January, 2018
What about if you pitch bend while mixing on the label of the record? It would get in the way.
DJMIYAGI 8:42 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
What about if you pitch bend while mixing on the label of the record? It would get in the way.

No more turning the spindle to beat match I guess
DJ Tecniq 12:04 AM - 27 January, 2018
Here’s my question I’m assuming this still means we’ll have drifting or is this technology “better” cause it’s not a needle tracking on CV? Will this device decrease Wow & flutter🤔
cheeba (the believer) 11:24 AM - 27 January, 2018
my only question is about the "adhesive" that sticks it to the record label?

other than that. game changed. im in
Ragman 8:42 PM - 27 January, 2018
I don't think there is adhesive if it has a charger plate underneath.
dj_soo 9:53 PM - 27 January, 2018
on their website it specifically states it's an adhesive. Likely something you need to replace often if not after every use.
Rebelguy 10:20 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
on their website it specifically states it's an adhesive. Likely something you need to replace often if not after every use.

Problem solved

goo.gl
Ragman 5:15 AM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:

Gotcha which means the charge could be somewhere else besides underneath. Hell I guess I'll know when I see it.
Djkom 9:25 AM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:

Use velcro ? 😉

Otherwise I think a 45 adapter form factor would have been a better solution for this Phase....
v@l 11:58 AM - 28 January, 2018
Check this i'm sold .....
Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 1:17 PM - 28 January, 2018
45 would have been better, or even just a thick record....
Djkom 4:21 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:

A thicker record would be harder to design/produce and we loose the modularity thing (small size, any turntable size adaptation...)
AKIEM 7:03 PM - 28 January, 2018
Yeah, you make 12 version and 10 version... sure it would be harder to make... but in the future...
DJ Tecniq 8:08 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
You can use any record with Phase it doesn’t even have to be timecode u can just you some old ass bee gees vinyl. That to me is impressive.
Chino 8:19 PM - 28 January, 2018
This product has me re-evaluating whether or not to buy the Rane 12.

I now have the option of just using my 1200 mk2 without worrying about breaking needles, hitting the tonearm, facility ground issues, replacing cv etc.

Phase is a fraction of the costs of the Rane 12 & at least I know my 1200s are 100% solid & reliable. Technics 1200s are already PROVEN to be "battle ready"!

I like the idea mentioned above -using industrial velcro instead of adhesive. A 45 adapter version of Phase sounds cool too.
Chino 8:27 PM - 28 January, 2018
So from the spec sheets...

Rane 12 has 3600 ticks of resolution

Phase has 3200 ticks of resolution.

I'm now intetested to know which product has the lowest overall latency?
DJ Tecniq 8:33 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
I'm now intetested to know which product has the lowest overall latency?
Latency isn’t an issue for me those dudes in those clips are highly advanced at scratching I’m nowhere near on that level but if it can sound that good i don’t even think latency is an issue. Jon1st was on that shit with the turntable powered down and he was doing slow drags and i couldn’t even tell there was any latency it was pretty spot on.
DJ Tecniq 8:40 PM - 28 January, 2018
I mean check this shit out. I’m impressed how well the audio sounds with his hand movements and tricks. It’s perfectly in sync however he prob isn’t using pitch n time either cause there’s no way pitch n time can sound like that. Every time i do slow scratches with pnt it sounds like digital skips in the audio. Unless they fixed the bugs cause i know pnt isn’t supposed to be used for scratching. See this -> instagram.com
Dj cuervo 8:54 PM - 28 January, 2018
How long can you DJ on one charge is the question? ? Battery Life is critical. Any word on this.
Chino 9:02 PM - 28 January, 2018
From the YouTube vid below....

Phase lasts 10 hours off of a full charge. It only takes 1 hour to fully charge Phase.

Watchm.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 9:45 PM - 28 January, 2018
^ Yup and i heard they are working on it to extend the 10 hr battery life before it’s released. Affordable and more convenient overall. The receiver box is just one more thing you have to connect to the mixer though. Will it outsell the Rane 12 maybe not but a tough competitor in all aspects. I’m excited for it.
AKIEM 9:51 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
You can use any record with Phase it doesn’t even have to be timecode u can just you some old ass bee gees vinyl. That to me is impressive.

Well yeah. I'm talking about the shape of the device. If it could be made as a record so that it's out of the way, that would be better.

As it is, it's in the way of how many djs play.
Djkom 6:18 PM - 29 January, 2018
Ok guys you can also forget Phase with this:

www.instagram.com

JesseDeanDesigns tone arm for the Rane 12 !!!

Analog + Digital VS Digital + Analog

Turntablism is really a special market 😂😂😂
DJ Tecniq 6:39 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:

www.instagram.com

That looks so weird looking and another thing you have to plug in. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Logisticalstyles 7:05 PM - 29 January, 2018
I find it ironic that the first add on for the Twelve is a tone arm. Isn't the whole purpose of the Twelve to eliminate tone arms and needles?
popnwave 7:19 PM - 29 January, 2018
I wondered what that port on the top of the TWELVES was, that's insane.
MeeHow 7:57 PM - 29 January, 2018
Rane super late...
PhaseONE will take over all your 12's clientele... sad, but you guys overslept.
Now it's all about the right pricing.
Ragman 8:04 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:

www.instagram.com

But why, why for god sakes.
Dave-M 8:13 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

www.instagram.com

But why, why for god sakes.

I suspect just because they could and not much else.
AKIEM 9:22 PM - 29 January, 2018
lmao - maybe because they heard people cry about it

someone will come up with a face plate that makes the power recessed too - so you can turn it back to normal position

then all they need is a plastic version for people complaining 'it's too heavy'