Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

You can now download&covert youtube videos easily.

jhgjhjhg 11:02 AM - 3 July, 2009
Latest firefox as an add-on downloadhelper, once you install it an icon will appear above any video, click the icon, download it and it will automaticaly convert it to whatever format you want.
Boom.
DJ DisGrace 2:37 PM - 3 July, 2009
if you actually want to use Youtube videos.......
VJ Justin Allen 2:51 PM - 3 July, 2009
You would be surprised how many "VJ's" do that.
dj synystr 6:19 PM - 3 July, 2009
thats horrible. you might as well take your video camera and record it off of mtv.
DJBIGWIZ 7:43 PM - 3 July, 2009
Quote:
thats horrible. you might as well take your video camera and record it off of mtv.

haha.. you'd probably get better quality that way than ripping from youtube.
djgeeth 7:46 AM - 4 July, 2009
err, I have lots of youtube content, 99% of it is for pairing with mp3's though.

Just use the HD only option.
lvmez 3:29 PM - 4 July, 2009
this thread is funny. please let him download those videos. we will all benefit.
djpuma_gemini 5:35 PM - 5 July, 2009
^exactly
cheeba (the believer) 10:24 AM - 6 July, 2009
im sure he feels the same about you all playing videos with 'smash vids' or 'promo only' titles on them ;)
dj synystr 2:41 PM - 6 July, 2009
the difference is quality. i could care less if the video is tagged in the begining because i cover that part of the screen with a scrolling banner so all you see is the artist and song tittle.
djpuma_gemini 5:18 PM - 6 July, 2009
That's why I like screenplay, they don't say their name, just a little logo, which doesn't really bother me as much as other logos, chyrons.
cheeba (the believer) 10:09 PM - 6 July, 2009
point is youtube has usable stuff on it. audio is a write off but some of the HD footage stuff is ok. IMO of course.

the dude was just trying to point out that firefox has the download helper add on and its pretty cool. i agree.
Bren 11:27 AM - 7 July, 2009
As a youtube uploader I'm quite careful about how I encode my files, I upload them as FLV's with preview level settings, but still people say "I grabbed that video of yours off youtube haha" as if the jokes on me..., they look like the brown stuff when shown full screen.
djrayray0981 6:16 PM - 7 July, 2009
Same here bren. Once I read this. I but dj Ray-Ray Video mix across the whole video. Not sure if that will show up or not when they try to download it from youtube. if so. F'it. If they want a shitty copy of it that bad. Let'em
djgeeth 7:38 PM - 7 July, 2009
I never download ACTUAL music videos or video remixes, just really random stuff, virals, and of course if you ever need girls shaking their asses in thongs, youtube is the best lol.

I have some HD motorcycle crash compilations for rock songs (that I dont have videos to) :D