DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rekordbox gets new controler at namm !!! Again ....

benictrs 8:36 AM - 16 January, 2018
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:10 AM - 16 January, 2018
"DDJ-1000"

Looks good on paper. Spec sheet reveals its just slightly wider than the SX/RX.

Rekordboxdj only though. 😏
popnwave 6:04 PM - 16 January, 2018
Meh...
Mr. Goodkat 7:00 PM - 16 January, 2018
looks good, since my serato database shit the bed, might be time to finally switch and make things interesting and orderly again
dj_spark 7:38 PM - 16 January, 2018
Pre-ordered without thinking ! ><
popnwave 7:41 PM - 16 January, 2018
The price is nice, and if it was RB/SDJ capable I'd be more interested. While video is improving with each release of RB, it's still not as capable as SDJ/ME together.
J Hennessy 4:52 PM - 17 January, 2018
No place to insert a USB stick? Would be lame if you had to run off a laptop.
benictrs 10:01 PM - 17 January, 2018
I only have one question witch is still not answered .
Are the on board efects available wiyhout the laptop conected ???
If i understood corectly the colour efx are working like on the djm that means that no rekordbox laptop is requiered for them , is that also the case for the other effects ? The one that are switchable beetween chanels ? Are they also hardware effects ? Or do they requiere laptop+rekorbox to function ?
benictrs 10:04 PM - 17 January, 2018
Sorry i lied !!! I have two questions .... the second one beeing .... Is there going to be ever Serato support for this controler ? or Is there a Serato version in the work ? like SDJ-1000 ?
Silly me i'm aware that i will never get my answer , at least not from here :)
Djkom 10:14 PM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
I only have one question witch is still not answered .
Are the on board efects available wiyhout the laptop conected ???
If i understood corectly the colour efx are working like on the djm that means that no rekordbox laptop is requiered for them , is that also the case for the other effects ? The one that are switchable beetween chanels ? Are they also hardware effects ? Or do they requiere laptop+rekorbox to function ?

Yes those FX are all hardware FX so don't need Rekordbox running to use them
Djkom 10:21 PM - 17 January, 2018
Quote:
Sorry i lied !!! I have two questions .... the second one beeing .... Is there going to be ever Serato support for this controler ? or Is there a Serato version in the work ? like SDJ-1000 ?
Silly me i'm aware that i will never get my answer , at least not from here :)

Of course this DDJ 1000 will NOT work with Serato. Pioneer wants the maximum djs using their Rekordbox software. They can make new SDJ/Rekordbox controllers but for sure they don't want to pay Serato fees and it doesn't make sense regarding their strategy....So no way to have a SDJ 1000 anytime soon!
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:43 AM - 18 January, 2018
I'm pretty sure Virtual DJ will do their thing with it.
dj_spark 10:22 AM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
Of course this DDJ 1000 will NOT work with Serato. Pioneer wants the maximum djs using their Rekordbox software. They can make new SDJ/Rekordbox controllers but for sure they don't want to pay Serato fees and it doesn't make sense regarding their strategy....So no way to have a SDJ 1000 anytime soon!

Exactly, that's why I wouldn't bet on any new big Pioneer products into Serato like the DJM S9 is.
Even the XDJ 1000mk2 didn't get SDJ and see how many people was asking/waiting for it.
The DJM-450 didn't deserves the club kit, but they did give the DJM-S3 (which is basically a DJM-250 mk2) and yet, no DJM S5 (ala DJM 450) for Serato.

Some shops in my area have advertised the DDJ 1000 as the replacement of the DDJ RZ, so I guess that the DDJ SZ/SZ2 will probably be the last ones...
popnwave 4:59 PM - 18 January, 2018
The 1000 is 10lbs less than the SZ2 and smaller. It is a cool unit but it's not a replacement for bigger controllers.
Djkom 6:05 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
The 1000 is 10lbs less than the SZ2 and smaller. It is a cool unit but it's not a replacement for bigger controllers.

On the other side, is there a real need for controllers as big as the SZ/SZ2/RZ ???
Remember that controllers are mainly used by mobile and bed djs !
I really like the size and the features of this DDJ 1000 and rekordbox gets better and better so...
dj_spark 6:53 PM - 18 January, 2018
I didn't bought the SZ/SZ2/RZ due to it's size. I wanted the big jogwheels but in a portable form factor : DDJ 1000 seems to be the answer. Standalone mode would have been even better !
popnwave 7:28 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

On the other side, is there a real need for controllers as big as the SZ/SZ2/RZ ???
I really like the size and the features of this DDJ 1000 and rekordbox gets better and better so...

Until I get my hands on the Rane 72 / TWELVEs I ain't giving up my big ass controller. Plus I've gotten too used to the stupid touch strip for scrubbing.
Djkom 7:50 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Until I get my hands on the Rane 72 / TWELVEs I ain't giving up my big ass controller. Plus I've gotten too used to the stupid touch strip for scrubbing.

Yes the missing touch strip is a big fail IMO !!! Pioneer says it has been replaced by quicker search buttons but it not as handy as needle drop feature...
Djkom 9:15 PM - 18 January, 2018
Damn Pioneer has just announced Rekordbox 5.1 and 5.2 with these features:

- Lyric plus pack, automix :-( , advanced related tracks feature :-)
Watchwww.youtube.com

- Lightning / DMX plus pack + Dj RB-DMX1:
Watchwww.youtube.com

They're on FIRE !!! it's crazy how fast there are implementing things in a perfect ecosystem !!!
...just wondering if the quality follows ...

WAKE UP SERATO !!!
popnwave 9:20 PM - 18 January, 2018
The Lyric thing sucks as of right now, it can do album versions, you use a mix show edit/extended version/remix it doesn't know what to do.

The lightning thing can already be done with a box and Serato, it's just not in house like the Pioneer one. So these two additions are super zzzzz. One is catching up and the other (Lyric) is like the Pulselocker of lyric videos.
Djkom 9:43 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
The Lyric thing sucks as of right now, it can do album versions, you use a mix show edit/extended version/remix it doesn't know what to do.

The lightning thing can already be done with a box and Serato, it's just not in house like the Pioneer one. So these two additions are super zzzzz. One is catching up and the other (Lyric) is like the Pulselocker of lyric videos.

With Lyric plus pack you can use lyrics from pioneer's partner COTODAMA but more importantly you can edit those and CREATE new ones !! So it's not like Pulselocker.

The lightning feature is WAY MORE advanced and well integrated than Serato/Sound Switch thing:
- You can create, within Rekordbox, the lightning sequence, it can be automatically created also during the track analysis.
-You can map pad buttons to any lightning operation !!
I guess it's just a matter of time to have also a dedicated full live control UI
Djkom 9:48 PM - 18 January, 2018
My bad, it's seem it's not possible to edit and create the lyrics ... :-(
Dj cuervo 10:33 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
Damn Pioneer has just announced Rekordbox 5.1 and 5.2 with these features:

- Lyric plus pack, automix :-( , advanced related tracks feature :-)
Watchwww.youtube.com

- Lightning / DMX plus pack + Dj RB-DMX1:
Watchwww.youtube.com

They're on FIRE !!! it's crazy how fast there are implementing things in a perfect ecosystem !!!
...just wondering if the quality follows ...

WAKE UP SERATO !!!

They are the kings of the DJ hardware market. They are using that revenue to take over the DJ software market. I don't think it is stable enough for me. That is only thing that keeping me here. I like the lyrics feature since I mix videos also.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:12 PM - 18 January, 2018
i ran into a store today to pick up the XP1 [came with DVS + RKBX DJ license], i'm preparing for the future lol.

Yeah that Lyric Plus Pack is a good look.

Perhaps Serato can do a deal with the third party company too COTODAMA.
popnwave 11:23 PM - 18 January, 2018
I suggest you guys hit up the Pio forums before throwing money at it.