Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DJM-S9 / Serato DJ on High Sierra - HUGE problem

Dusan sk 10:38 PM - 14 January, 2018
Hi guys, last night happened to me this thing:
I played in the club and suddenly music stops, so I go to internal mode a try to play it from this mode but nothing worked. Then I pressed play (internal) on MacBook of another DJ (B-USB input). I restarted my computer also with Serato DJ but I cannot get any timecode signal from turntables, then we tried (with second dj) to play from his timecodes but he also couldnt do anything with control vinyls, signal was gray like if no turntables are plugged in.
Then we needed to hard reset S9 (turn off/on) and then it starts working.

I have latest versions of Serato DJ and also latest drivers and firmwares for S9. My latency is set to 5ms and I tried two different USB cables. Computer is latest Macbook Pro (2017) with touchbar.

Have you guys any tip what could be wrong? Thanks a lot for any help! Sorry for my bad english.
DJ Tecniq 1:30 AM - 15 January, 2018
WiFi may of been a culprit. Do you know if it was on or not?
Dusan sk 11:48 AM - 15 January, 2018
It should be, maybe 20 minutes before this accident I turned wifi on, do you think this was a problem?
DJ Tecniq 2:49 PM - 15 January, 2018
Quote:
It should be, maybe 20 minutes before this accident I turned wifi on, do you think this was a problem?
There have been reports WiFi has been known to cause distortion in Sierra. Try completely disabling it while playing.
DjAtik 2:19 PM - 6 February, 2018
Hi Dusan sk,

I've bought a new macbook pro 2015(without touchbar) and it has automaticly High Sierra on it... what the problem was... so i Downgraded my mac to El Capitan and an older serato dj version now its running fine but the last time i've played serato crashed after 8 hours... so just downgrade your osx and look for the best working serato dj version.
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:27 PM - 6 February, 2018
Hi Dusan,

Make sure to check the Pioneer DJM-S9 had the latest firmware updated. That would be my first suggestion

Regards
Dusan sk 8:29 PM - 6 February, 2018
Quote:
Hi Dusan,

Make sure to check the Pioneer DJM-S9 had the latest firmware updated. That would be my first suggestion

Regards

Firmware update was on latest version for S9 and also drivers..