Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Looking for Party Speakers

John112233 6:35 PM - 4 January, 2018
Hi guys. Hope you all are doing good.
Guys i am totally new to this music stuff and i want to buy a speaker for my son for his birthday... I really liked the soundboks-1 speaker from the list of this website cuzgeek.com

But i really dont know what should i look in a speaker... Please help
DJ Tecniq 7:34 PM - 4 January, 2018
Is your son a DJ or wanting to DJ?
577er 5:38 AM - 5 January, 2018
That speaker is battery powered which is cool but everything else about is consumer grade aka cheap. Get him a Yamaha DXR15 or EV ZLX12 they aren’t battery powered and don’t have Bluetooth but will last more then 6 months and will sound much better doing it.
John112233 9:16 AM - 5 January, 2018
Thank you 577er and techniq for replying.... Let me check those which you 577er mentioned :)
577er 12:25 PM - 5 January, 2018
Sorry I should have been more specific it’s EV ZLX12p that you want to look at Not the unpowered version.
DJDaveOtt 2:21 AM - 8 January, 2018
I suppose it depends on what kind of events you plan on using it for. I bought the battery powered Rockville from eBay. I used it for small cocktail hour and ceremony sound. That's about all it's good for. Oh, and I've replaced the battery already...after just one season. You get what you pay for.
djcrap 6:03 PM - 9 January, 2018
Quote:
Sorry I should have been more specific it’s EV ZLX12p that you want to look at Not the unpowered version.

Don't even bother buying ev speakers
The amplifiers on those fail easily one day you wake up and their is sound but the power light is on. I have personally seen it happen to my friends ev speakers

Read this thread below

serato.com
577er 2:21 AM - 10 January, 2018
I’ve owned and own many EV speakers and never had this problem.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:42 PM - 12 January, 2018
Quote:
I’ve owned and own many EV speakers and never had this problem.

I've owned ELX 115 for close to 4 years with zero issue.