DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DB TECHNOLOGIES ES 1203

KAHLUA1 2:23 PM - 28 December, 2017
Has Anyone heard this system yet? The Only Review I found was on Youtube from Trinity Productions.

I am selling my Bose L1 Model 2 Systems & all 3 B2’s for this ES 1203 System.
I wanted to get more feedback from other DJ’s about this system before i buy.

I was told that this would Kill My Bose system
And is Beter than RCF EVOX12
And way better than EV EVOLVE 50— which I was told was equal to RCF EVOX 8 which I had & got rid of.
dj_soo 5:31 AM - 29 December, 2017
it's pretty new and db technologies isn't that widely used stateside which is where the majority of the posters here are from.

I would think it would sound relatively close to the EVOX since db Technologies is a sister company to rcf and they likely use a lot of the same components.

From a pure configuration perspective tho, it seems pretty awesome. The ability to separate the tops is something I've only seen in the Yorkville EMX400 - which only offers a 10" sub option - and the dual 12" should pack more of a punch than pretty much anything except maybe the Evox12. The fact that you can purchase tops and subs separately automatically makes it the most expandable column system out there. You could grab a pair of the them and add two additional subs and likely have pretty good bass. Get four and you can configure a 4-top column on each side with 2 subs per side as well.

The Bose is generally more about dispersion than power so I doubt you'll get the kind of horizontal coverage that you're used to from any of these more focused column speakers, but I would suspect that any of the column options will produce more volume.
DJ GaFFle 3:11 PM - 30 December, 2017
Quote:
it's pretty new and db technologies isn't that widely used stateside which is where the majority of the posters here are from.

Hmmm... I've seen DB Technologies plenty of times. Not from your normal DJ's but mostly from sound system providers on the mid-tier level (ie: for church functions, park events, fashion shows, etc.)
Quote:
and the dual 12" should pack more of a punch than pretty much anything except maybe the Evox12.

I would think it would be noticeably louder. You've got 24" of speaker surface area on the dual-twelve sub vs. only 15" of the Evox12 sub. The max SPL of the ES1203 is 132dB vs 130dB of the Evox 12 so per the specs, it's louder.
Magico 9:39 AM - 11 February, 2018
Did you go with the DB ES 1203's? What was it about the Evox 8 that made you want to sell. I have a pair and I'm happy with them. I also have a set of Evox 5's which I'm satisfied with also. If you did go withe the DB's what's your opinion of them?
paperkite 7:23 PM - 16 May, 2018
thinking of buying db 1203 any more info from anyone ?
17tr2 11:45 AM - 17 May, 2018
Quote:
thinking of buying db 1203 any more info from anyone ?

Don't buy anything without listening to it first.
Lenny Cordero 2:34 PM - 15 February, 2019
Hi
I purchased a set of DB technology speakers es1203.
I am not too happy with the sound level
Even with factory default the speaker PEAK red light comes on at 1/2 volume level.
My best friend owns a RCF 8 and by far his system sounds amazing you can feel the bass.
On The DB i will have to adjust the bass level to higher level to get that bass but then the Red light will turn on.
Overall from 1 to 10 i give it a 6
I pay double the price and i believe those other speakers sound better.
Just my opinion.
pdidy 3:53 AM - 16 February, 2019
Quote:
Hi
Even with factory default the speaker PEAK red light comes on at 1/2 volume level.
My best friend owns a RCF 8 and by far his system sounds amazing you can feel the bass.
On The DB i will have to adjust the bass level to higher level to get that bass but then the Red light will turn on.
Just my opinion.

the DB technology speakers es1203 easily destroy the RCF 8 with no room for debate. There must be something wrong here with the speakers or setting.
Comrade Tulayev 11:15 AM - 16 February, 2019
Sounds like a gain staging problem
DJ GaFFle 4:08 AM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Hi
Just my opinion.

the DB technology speakers es1203 easily destroy the RCF 8 with no room for debate. There must be something wrong here with the speakers or setting.

Where's the [LIKE] button for this response?
rob13 12:04 AM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi
Just my opinion.

Where's the [LIKE] button for this response?

DEFINITELY.
Chino 10:12 PM - 21 December, 2019
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe its internally switched to MIC INSTEAD of line? The DSP is deep on the 1203. Im actually thinking of buying a set of DB cs-1002. I need to scale down to save my back- LOL. Im just worried about the limit indicator. There have been some reports of the PEAK indicator coming on very early...

Pierre_de_Lux 2:01 AM - 18 January, 2020
I just bought a set of es1203 andi have a limiter on my master out set to 0db, input on the es set to line in, gain zero on master and I have to bring the gain on input 2 to minus 15db for the peak light to turn off! Very annoying. Looks like its made for folk music lol
Chino 1:02 PM - 18 January, 2020
Quote:
I just bought a set of es1203 andi have a limiter on my master out set to 0db, input on the es set to line in, gain zero on master and I have to bring the gain on input 2 to minus 15db for the peak light to turn off! Very annoying. Looks like its made for folk music lol

Thanks for the feedback! I've decided to keep my EV Ekx series setup & deal with the weight. I bought a rock n roller R18 cart to help move them around.
DJ GaFFle 1:52 AM - 24 January, 2020
Reach out to these dudes and see what they say: Watchwww.youtube.com

They may be able to add some useful input.