Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer SR2, SX2, or Denon MC7000

DJGlennB85 2:39 AM - 27 December, 2017
I am TORN between these 3! I am sort of leaning away from the SX2... being it’s already a couple years old. Any opinions on this?! I am REALLY liking the SR2... but no aux input kinda throws me off, wonder why they got rid of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone have experience and/or opinions on the Denon would be great too. Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 5:21 AM - 27 December, 2017
Love my SR2 it’s 2 ch and can use it with my t-tables and still have a lot of room to work with. I don’t really like 4 ch controllers. You may want to look into the Mixars Primo which will be out beginning of 2018.
SR2 demo youtu.be
RR437T 12:46 PM - 27 December, 2017
Quote:
I am TORN between these 3! I am sort of leaning away from the SX2... being it’s already a couple years old. Any opinions on this?! I am REALLY liking the SR2... but no aux input kinda throws me off, wonder why they got rid of it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone have experience and/or opinions on the Denon would be great too. Thanks!

I was going to buy the Denon 8000 but ended up getting an SX2 instead. It seemed like there were too many people complaining about getting Dennon controllers to work properly. For me, that's a top priority. I like things that work they way they are supposed to. I've had it for a little over a year and so far, no problems. I would buy it again.
benictrs 10:10 AM - 29 December, 2017
How is the sound quality between them ? does the SR2 sound better than the SX2 or they are the same sound quality whise ? And how does the Denon sound vs Pioneer ?
Logisticalstyles 1:40 PM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
but no aux input kinda throws me off

Both channels on the SR2 can be switched to accept an AUX input. They can accept a phono or a line input. And it works without the software.
Junglejunkee 3:25 AM - 30 December, 2017
SR2 is an awesome controller. I bought the Denon mc7000 and used it for 3 hours and totally hated it... Maybe the 8000 is better but the Sr2 won't disappoint in my opinion
8823430 12:17 PM - 30 December, 2017
I brought the denon mc7000 and i love it...
you used it for 3 hour what was the problem?
Junglejunkee 1:07 PM - 30 December, 2017
The first thing was the usb connection at the back on both inputs were really shaky and disconnected serato very easily. The jog wheels were too loose to my liking and the pitch control placement on the left deck was just awkward to me because I've used pioneer products before so I'm used to the pitch slider on the right side of the deck. I mean I could've gotten used to everything I mentioned but the usb disconnecting so easily was a deal breaker... I must admit it had great sound. Sturdy build as well...
8823430 9:14 PM - 30 December, 2017
ok
I find that the usb plug on my unit is very sturdy .
Did you try a new good quality usb lead?
Junglejunkee 9:29 PM - 30 December, 2017
I tried 2 different generic usb cables but it was the unit input that felt shaky... Could've been defective who knows lol
dj rickc 10:40 AM - 31 December, 2017
Hey guys, i owned the sx and still own the sx2 and the denon 7000. I have the denon for 6 months. The first one i purchased had a shakey USB port both 1 and 2. Brought it back to store got a new one and no problems even if i touch while playing. This was a factory defect. Since corrected. As for the 7000 vs sx2. IMHO i prefere the 7000. Sound quality is a bit better. Gain on individual faders goes into the red very easy with sx2 not with the 7000. Mic sounds very good as well! Although i use a seperate Allen and heath mixer that plugs into one of the line channels. I’m a mobile party dj. I don’t do much as far as scratching or use of jogs.so cant review that part. Hope this helps.