DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer Jog Wheels

Waiting Room 12:43 AM - 24 December, 2017
So, I'm trying a dj controller. I'm using it mostly for hip hop and related electronic variations of it. I have dj'd before. I can scratch in the most basic meaning of the word (on time and not very fast). It's more percussion based (bringing in kicks and snares or playing with the beat) then anything that could be confused with turntablism or a scratch solo.
Long story short, I'm looking at the DDJ SB2 or the SR2 (which seems a little too spendy right now) and just want to know if there is a huge difference in quality? Specifically with how accurate the jog wheel is. I get it's not a record but something that behaved well would be helpful. I'll be using Serato. Is the SR2 much better than the SR2? would you reccomend a mixman or mc4000. To clarify, I'm going to be mixing and doing a radio show and possibly some bars (but very infrequently).
Any input?
Thanks?
I used a lot of ('s and )'s
Logisticalstyles 4:54 AM - 24 December, 2017
SR2 is much better than the SB2. The SB2 is nice but I quickly outgrew it. The SR2 is much more fun to use and you can add DVS to it. The controls on the SR2 are much more solid and the jog wheels are better on the SR2.