Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ Screen Flickering on High Sierra

DJ EkSeL 7:53 AM - 17 December, 2017
I made a quick video of the flickering issue I'm having. Problems started right after I updated my mac to High Sierra & installed the latest version of SDJ

youtu.be
DeeJay Fingers 6:52 PM - 17 December, 2017
try switching to the better graphics card (if it has it)

also try updating it to 10.13.2 ...

if all else fail I would downgrade back where you weren't getting any problems. I upgraded to High Sierra as to hoping trying to get some other issue I was getting but it made matters worst so I went back. Rule of thumb (if it ain't broke don't fix it) ....Best of luck
DJ Tecniq 7:15 PM - 17 December, 2017
Wow that is weird noticed your control signal was fluctuating a lot to make sure you calibrate properly to keep that consistent your signal should read between 90-100%.Now for the flickering I’d recommend doing a clean install of the OS. Upgrading can sometimes cause system issues. If that fails then do a clean install of Sierra (not high Sierra). Hope it helps.
DJ EkSeL 3:01 AM - 21 December, 2017
I figured I would downgrade but damn... what a hassle. lol

I'm wondering if anybody else is having those 2 issues or it's just me??
DJ TooHypE 5:16 AM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
I figured I would downgrade but damn... what a hassle. lol

I'm wondering if anybody else is having those 2 issues or it's just me??

One thing I notice you have your Power Settings : Power Source Set to Automatic graphic Switching tick. Try unchecking it let us know if that helps. I am using High Sierra (Mid 2012) 2.3 Ghz i7
DJ TooHypE 5:21 AM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
try switching to the better graphics card (if it has it)

also try updating it to 10.13.2 ...

if all else fail I would downgrade back where you weren't getting any problems. I upgraded to High Sierra as to hoping trying to get some other issue I was getting but it made matters worst so I went back. Rule of thumb (if it ain't broke don't fix it) ....Best of luck

Yes I agree use High Performance Graphics don't have the Automatic graphic switching ticked under Energy Saver Preferences..
DJ TooHypE 5:23 AM - 21 December, 2017
Actually I downgraded from 10.13.1 that 10.13.2 was causing too much USB Buffer problems on my Serato DJ and Video.

serato.com
DjSyndic8 1:46 AM - 22 December, 2017
Quote:
I made a quick video of the flickering issue I'm having. Problems started right after I updated my mac to High Sierra & installed the latest version of SDJ

youtu.be

looks like the serato strobe Easter egg mode :)
DjSyndic8 1:49 AM - 22 December, 2017
sorry looks like something to do with your screen, best way to test if its the screen is output the video signal to a TV or a computer monitor and if that monitor is ok then its your Mac screen that needs to be fixed