Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato crashes with SL4

Erik V 12:34 PM - 16 December, 2017
I'm having a pretty big issue with my SL4. Every time i start Serato with the SL4 plugged in Serato crashes and shuts down completely. I also have a SL3 wich works fine. I have updated the drivers and did the system extention thing in mac preferences for both SL4 and SL3. I'm running High Sierra and Serato 1.9.10 on a 2017 Macbook Pro. Also tried downgrading Serato to both 1.9.9 and 1.9.8 to no better result.

Both the SL3 and SL4 utilities in system preferences work fine.

Any idea what could be wrong? As of now i can't use Serato at all with my SL4.
DJ Tecniq 3:34 PM - 16 December, 2017
Did you try this for help?
dj.rane.com
Erik V 3:36 PM - 16 December, 2017
Yes i did all of the steps in that link. Same process with SL3 and that works like it should.
DJ Tecniq 5:25 PM - 16 December, 2017
Quote:
Yes i did all of the steps in that link. Same process with SL3 and that works like it should.
Damn sorry my guess I’d reinstall drivers or OS. Do a clean install of the OS then download any drivers/firmware. If that fails then blow up their corporate office with phone calls.
djburnee 2:05 PM - 17 December, 2017
I had the same problem with my sl4, serato crashed every time but with my 64 it worked.
Try to analyse your whole library and delete all the corrupt files, for me this solved the problem.

Cheers Burnee
R-A-C 3:32 PM - 17 December, 2017
Quote:
i start Serato with the SL4 plugged in

try the other way around. start serato first and then hook the sl4 up.
Erik V 5:13 PM - 18 December, 2017
Did that too and Serato crashes the second i plug the SL4 in.
R-A-C 3:19 AM - 19 December, 2017
and without serato it works?
i mean can you use the sl4 with other audio programs?
938MyDJ 4:19 AM - 19 December, 2017
My two SL4s do the same thing on first time use on any of my Macs.

Use the B - USB Port to get it recognized.
Then the A Port should work the next time.

Or start with B, unplug then use A port.
This will solve your priblem if our issue is the same.
Erik V 8:03 AM - 19 December, 2017
@R-A-C: Works like a charm with other software. Ironically it works fine with Traktor...

@938MyDJ: That didn't work. Same thing happens with both ports.
938MyDJ 4:51 PM - 19 December, 2017
Did you try it with SDJ closed then plug in the USB cable or SL4 plugged while opening SDJ?

Give it one more shot and try both.
Erik V 5:32 PM - 19 December, 2017
Yes. Tried both ways several times with both ports. No luck. Sent a help request to Serato HQ so hope they know how to fix it.
Erik V 10:44 AM - 29 December, 2017
After some more testing i found that the SL4 works when the switch is set to 48 Sample rate. What difference will this make?
R-A-C 7:37 PM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
After some more testing i found that the SL4 works when the switch is set to 48 Sample rate. What difference will this make?

that only matters if you play files that have more than 48khz. but if you don't it should be set to 48 anyway.
DJMIYAGI 1:39 AM - 2 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

that only matters if you play files that have more than 48khz. but if you don't it should be set to 48 anyway.

R-A-C is right, unless you are playing 96kHz files or using your SL4 as an interface for a DAW to record/playback, you need to be on 48kHz
Erik V 1:48 AM - 2 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

R-A-C is right, unless you are playing 96kHz files or using your SL4 as an interface for a DAW to record/playback, you need to be on 48kHz

Thanks guys. I'll do some more testing with 48 before i dare to use it on a gig.