Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Sidechain Compression

Ashley Riggs 12:11 PM - 14 December, 2017
It would be awesome if Serato had a built in adjustable side chain compression or similar feature.

To explain, in audio production it is common to use what is known as "sidechain compression" to briefly duck/lower the levels of instruments, bass and lead etc, to allow the attack of the kick and snare drums to punch through the mix. Essentially it is an automated volume control. In production the compression is usually triggered by either the kick drum or a specially set up track containing a short midi note for each time the producer wishes the compression to take place.

So how would this help DJs when mixing between two or more tracks in Serato? If there were an effect such as side chain compression, or even an LFO controlled gain reducer, the kick and snare of the first track could be ducked/lowered by a user definable amount and duration to allow the kick and snare drums of the next track in.

This would mean you would be able to automatically punch in the kick and snare of the second track over the first, essentially replacing the drums of the first track with those from the second track (assuming a similar drum pattern), without having to eq the bass off quite so much to compensate for the gain increase that would normally be caused by simply playing one track over the other.

A compressor could by triggered by the beat grid or an LFO could be synced to the current tempo.

Hope this makes sense. I'm sure it does to anyone who also produces music, apologies to those who have no idea what I'm talking about :)
Skribble Music & Art Project 12:55 AM - 21 March, 2019
+10000 to this, coming from the position of having started DJing long after I was into production, not having compression or any form of sidechaining seems like I'm missing over 50% of the tools I would use to make awesome mixes in the box. I would pay top dollar for a DDJ with a customer internal mixer UI that allows for VST plugins with sidechainable inputs.
Azzatron 12:00 PM - 28 March, 2019
+10000 this is a siiick idea
Nic B 12:35 AM - 12 September, 2019
This!
I was looking for an amplitude lfo in the effects list last night.
A frequency tunable sidechain compressor with an adjustable threshold would be great.