Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

OSX 10.13.2

hersh20 2:56 AM - 11 December, 2017
Has anyone updated to 10.13.2? just making sure there are no issues with serato before updating.
John Calipari 3:10 AM - 11 December, 2017
I've been using .02 since Developer Beta 1 and never had an issue. iTunes got updated also but I can't speak to that
Junction Nightclub 11:41 AM - 11 December, 2017
I have a rather big issue with it and the audio outputs connections going bad every half hour or so until you turn the controller off for 10 second and turn it back on then you're audio is good for another 30. They don't go out at all, instead they gradually become fuzzy/scratchy, like the sound when you're a few decimals away from a radio station when scrolling.
Junction Nightclub 11:42 AM - 11 December, 2017
Quote:
I have a rather big issue with it and the audio outputs connections going bad every half hour or so until you turn the controller off for 10 second and turn it back on then you're audio is good for another 30. They don't go out at all, instead they gradually become fuzzy/scratchy, like the sound when you're a few decimals away from a radio station when scrolling.

I also have 10.13.2 on an iMac and it's incredibly frustrating that we can only use my 13" pro because of this update.
John Calipari 4:25 AM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:
have a rather big issue with it and the audio outputs connections going bad every half hour or so until you turn the controller off for 10 second and turn it back on then you're audio is good for another 30. They don't go out at all, instead they gradually become fuzzy/scratchy, like the sound when you're a few decimals away from a radio station when scrolling.

I've never had such an issue, but I'll be on the lookout for it

Quote:
I also have 10.13.2 on an iMac and it's incredibly frustrating that we can only use my 13" pro because of this update.

What is the issue? Performance on the older iMac? Or performance on the 13"MBP?
Junction Nightclub 9:31 AM - 12 December, 2017
The iMac is actually newer than the MBP, but the issue occurs on the iMac, which is updated to 10.13.2 and the MBP is still on 10.13.1. The issue being that the audio still plays but gradually becomes inaudible. It slowly becomes like static noise on a TV as the track plays in Serato.
John Calipari 12:44 AM - 15 December, 2017
Quote:
The iMac is actually newer than the MBP, but the issue occurs on the iMac, which is updated to 10.13.2 and the MBP is still on 10.13.1. The issue being that the audio still plays but gradually becomes inaudible. It slowly becomes like static noise on a TV as the track plays in Serato.

That sounds like low or leaking of memory or resources, likely from a corrupted driver/APP install or migration.

Is there Spotlight Indexing going on?