DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ SX CROSSFADER REPLACEMENT

D.J. Flawless 1:59 AM - 8 December, 2017
Any good companies out there that create really good crossfader replacements for the DDJSX? I tried INNOfader but was not impressed, so far had to send two back, one broke down on me while at a gig, replacement is being sent back because it didn’t fit the housing.... any good recommendations would be awesome!
dj_soo 4:43 AM - 8 December, 2017
That's weird because Innofader generally is the preferred 3rd party scratch fader by most tablists. Everyone I've used felt great and I've rarely heard an issue with one - let alone two in a row.

Are you scratching pretty heavily on the SX? Maybe you need to adjust the settings on it a bit better.

In terms of 3rd party scratch faders, innofader is head and shoulders more popular than anyone else. The only other company I can think of is Pro X Fade and I haven't heard much from them in a while other than their partnership with Mixars.
D.J. Flawless 7:49 PM - 9 December, 2017
you know I've heard the same thing hence the reason why I went with an innocent fader, they just sent me a replacement to the pnp mini which so far has been pretty good, i guess i must have just had a bad first experience, i did see that Pro X might have been an option but like u said i haven't heard much from them besides the mixars partnership
D.J. Flawless 7:49 PM - 9 December, 2017
inno fader* Damn Auto correct
Taipanic 7:15 PM - 11 December, 2017
The Innofader is a quality piece of gear but you can't be real rough on them or they will break. I used to have to piece them back together or replace them in one club all the time after guest DJs came in and romped on the club's 57. If you have a hard style might want to work on smoothing it up a bit so as to not slam the fader against the stops so hard.
Logisticalstyles 5:41 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:
the pnp mini

I believe that's the same one used in the Z2 and the AMX. Not quite the same as a full sized Innofader. The one on my Z2 crapped out and the one on my AMX works but there is a definite difference between them.