Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

black page for 3 seconds after every load

R-A-C 10:00 AM - 28 November, 2017
everytime i click somewhere the browser goes all black for about 3 seconds and then the page shows up. needless to say that this is very annoying.

it's javascript related because if i turn that off it doesn't happen and the new page shows up instantly. it's also quite new, it was just a few weeks ago when i first noticed it.

it happens with firefox as well as chrome.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:22 PM - 9 January, 2018
Hi R-A-C,

Sorry for the (incredibly) delayed response.

Is this still something you're experiencing? I see you've mentioned it happens in Chrome and Firefox - is this on Windows or macOS?

Thanks,
Eru
R-A-C 6:28 AM - 11 January, 2018
hi and no problem. yes, it's still the case and i'm on osx. also worth mentioning that i didn't change the browsers or something related when it happened first so it's not the common "i updated something and now have problems" thing
R-A-C 8:25 AM - 12 January, 2018
just tried the very latest firefox (nightly) and it happens with that, too. i was however able to narrow it down at least a little.
it's one of the scripts that comes from serato.com. allowing sera.to only does not trigger the "effect".
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:56 PM - 27 February, 2018
Hi R-A-C,

As you can probably see, we've had a website refresh which should have hopefully fixed your issue.

Can you please report whether this has helped?

Cheers,
Eru
R-A-C 11:49 PM - 28 February, 2018
it has indeed. thanks.
R-A-C 8:23 PM - 24 November, 2018
unfortunately the issue has returned and as before it doesn't depend on a specific browser.