Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Brand New Set Up

Chris Hughes 10:56 PM - 26 November, 2017
Hey guys, I am thinking of starting out again from scratch and it's been a few years since I did anything! I dont own a single piece of equipment and was wondering if I could get some hints and tips on which are the best laptops/desktops that work well with serato? Thanks
Telony Ex 11:23 PM - 26 November, 2017
Apple Mac. Expensive but works great with serato. U can get good deals on used ones if For dj purposes only. an older 2011 used mac book pro is good enough and may sell for as little as $300. U can do user upgrades on those models. They take up 16 gig ram, carries i5 processor, and with a solid state drive upgrade u should be good.
DjSyndic8 9:33 AM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
Apple Mac. Expensive but works great with serato. U can get good deals on used ones if For dj purposes only. an older 2011 used mac book pro is good enough and may sell for as little as $300. U can do user upgrades on those models. They take up 16 gig ram, carries i5 processor, and with a solid state drive upgrade u should be good.

add a controller as well Pioneer has good controllers cheap all the way to expensive really up to u depending on what or where you will be playing
DJ Bully 11:21 AM - 27 November, 2017
If you have the money, and don't mind submitting to the sync button, the Roland DJ-808 is a beast!
Chris Hughes 7:20 AM - 29 November, 2017
Thanks guys, there's just so much choice!
mixgoonie 8:04 AM - 29 November, 2017
I don't agree with the Apple Mac, i have a mabook of 2011 and mutliple different old dell laptops.

Both are working perfectly fine, even a Iaktos (El Capitan installed on a Pc) works fine...

I currently never faced any bug except on windows 7 and long time ago.
carino 5:17 PM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
Se hai i soldi e non ti importa di inviare il pulsante di sincronizzazione, Roland DJ-808 è una bestia!
</font></font>

I confirm and share a monster
Wavespeech 8:30 PM - 29 November, 2017
HP Elitebook 8470p with SSD and 4 or 8GB ram. £125
DDJ SR £250 ebay to get full SDJ or
DDJ SB £100 ebay if happy with Serato Intro.

Win10 LTSB, 4GB memory patch. SDJ.

Musicbee to catalogue and or your music.

Speakers and amp and phones of course.

'Swot I use.
pdidy 11:27 PM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
I don't agree with the Apple Mac, i have a mabook of 2011 and mutliple different old dell laptops.

Both are working perfectly fine, even a Iaktos (El Capitan installed on a Pc) works fine...

I currently never faced any bug except on windows 7 and long time ago.

can you explain why and what you are disagreeing to ?