Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SL4 Firmware update from Serato DJ broke my SL4

Ghostwhip 6:42 AM - 25 November, 2017
Finally made the move to Serato DJ after realizing that Serato DJ is now good.

Used with success for a week.

Today Serato DJ prompted a firmware update for the SL4. Sure I thought, so I did it.
SL4 does not connect now to DJ or Live.

It seems to sense that is there but never connects and just crashes DJ. Also no USB light on the SL4 LED.
Ghostwhip 7:11 AM - 25 November, 2017
Should mention I am on High Sierra.

SL4 is listed on System Preferences.

when I click on it it says it's searching for SL4. Never connects.

There is not a security prompt to be released as per this document concerning Sierra:
support.serato.com

But I do recall a prompt during installation
Ghostwhip 8:43 AM - 25 November, 2017
OK I uninstalled all Rane drivers by using the command prompt uninstaller as listed here:
dj.rane.com

Reinstalled through Serato DJ and changed the system preferences (high sierra issue) to allow blocked system extension as per this article before restarting
support.serato.com

Restarted, plug in SL4, got the blue LED back.

Serato DJ tries to connect. Can't. Scratch Live can't even load.

And to those still rocking the SL-1 and Scratch Live combo.. saving money and everything still works? You cray man, why would you do that?
Ghostwhip 8:13 PM - 25 November, 2017
Reverted back out of High Sierra. Reinstalled latest version of Serato DJ. SL4 works again.

SL4 is listed as compatible with High Sierra, you sure about that?
R-A-C 9:09 PM - 25 November, 2017
sounds like something you should get sorted with rane
Ghostwhip 7:07 AM - 2 December, 2017
I'm honestly wondering why there are so many issues these days. 10 years ago on far worse machines everyone was rocking serato scratch without issues. FFWD a decade and most djs I know have moved on and those that are stubborn enough to not have issues on regular basis. End Rant.

PS Today aka one week after reverting back to Yosemite and I am now having same issue as before which makes no sense, except to say that high sierra was perhaps not the problem after all. Either way it all started with the firmware upgrade. I give up man.
R-A-C 2:12 PM - 2 December, 2017
well did you contact rane?
Filipe Gonçalves 12:39 PM - 19 January, 2018
Happened to me too, went back to Yosemite.
The Rane drivers for my SL4 just frooze my startup...
Shame...