Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

sound processors

dj rickc 6:12 PM - 18 November, 2017
hi, do any mobile dj's use any sound processors anymore.ex separate eq,bbe, or drive rack pa,aural exciter etc.or do you find the on board eq is fine? i have 2 k12 and 1 kw181 sub with denon mc7000 and sdj. doing small to mid parties 50-250 guests. just curious. as these used to be part of most racks. thx rick
DjSyndic8 12:18 AM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
hi, do any mobile dj's use any sound processors anymore.ex separate eq,bbe, or drive rack pa,aural exciter etc.or do you find the on board eq is fine? i have 2 k12 and 1 kw181 sub with denon mc7000 and sdj. doing small to mid parties 50-250 guests. just curious. as these used to be part of most racks. thx rick

its 2017 going onto 2018 and as a mobile DJ convenience is easier and better, buying speakers with built in amps and crossovers is better, much easier and faster to setup and breakdown plus you don't have to be a sound engineer to operate this, don't waste your time on sound racks unless its going to be stationary like at a club or bar
dj_soo 4:59 AM - 19 November, 2017
I still use a driverack to eq and add an extra layer of limiting protection for my gear (especially if other djs are using it).