Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

The begining of the end of human djing

Dj KoolBreeze 5:02 PM - 18 November, 2017
I am concerned a bit. I saw phrase analyze as new feature and it got me shook.
This is why. U got a playlist for top 40 abd u sort the songs by energy and jey and bpm. Now u got the chance to tell the software what song where to mix in and out.

Niw imagine how small bars and lounges gonna cut out the djing ince they figure how to out it to work as intended.

Definitey gonna need at least a litte dj knowledge yes. But a too good of a tool for lazy djs. I hop the prices start going up to preserve domething
Ripshod 5:14 PM - 18 November, 2017
Nothing can replace the spontaneity of a live human - yet. They've still got a lot of research and development to do before computers even come close to replacing a live DJ. I think we'll be safe for a few years.
Having said that we already have such functionality with software such as Sony's Sound forge (though even this is a little crude).

I ask - how would a computer judge live feedback? It's not about the Top40.

Yes, still a while yet.
Dj KoolBreeze 10:19 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Nothing can replace the spontaneity of a live human - yet. They've still got a lot of research and development to do before computers even come close to replacing a live DJ. I think we'll be safe for a few years.
Having said that we already have such functionality with software such as Sony's Sound forge (though even this is a little crude).

I ask - how would a computer judge live feedback? It's not about the Top40.

Yes, still a while yet.

True but i believe they get closer than originally thought
R-A-C 8:27 AM - 19 November, 2017
well it's the logical next step. you could argue that today too much is handled by the software already. with sync, quantize and key lock activated ... what's left to do for me? pushing "play" every once in a while or using a cue? which then of course always is a perfect match.
that in combination with kill eq mixers ... not much difference anymore between a live performance and something prepared in the studio in advance except for being able to change the order of tracks if needed.

personally i found that too many features like that curb my musicality. using scratch live or even real records makes me feel much closer to the music. sure, it's not 100% precise but i work with the music and not numbers. i prefer to feel like a musician instead of a technician.