DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Evox 12 Speakers

DJ Matty D 6:00 PM - 17 November, 2017
Hey everyone

I am very interested in the RCF Evox 12 speakers. Anyone own them or have experience with them? I know RCF makes killer equipment, but my main question is how big is the sound on these? With a pair of them, how many people/how big of a space can it handle? I'm hoping for something that can do 200 guests easily without it sounding thin. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
577er 10:51 PM - 17 November, 2017
They are good for 250 at wedding levels but you don't have control over the balance between the tops and sub so you have to use your mixer to dial them in. I find if you run them at 3 o'clock on the volume dial you get the best gain structure. They don't produce chest thumping bass but its enough for weddings and office parties. They sound good and "throw" further than normal speakers. The only down side is they have a narrow vertical dispersion so if you are on a stage they don't sound great. You can get stubby poles to mount the tops on the subs but not from RCF.

I will say this if you do lots of weddings, like 30+ a year they are worth it for the time they save you and how clean the setup is. But you would get better sound with a good 18" sub and two 10" speakers
DJ Matty D 12:03 AM - 18 November, 2017
Thanks for that feedback 577er, much appreciated! What speakers do you generally use?
577er 12:57 AM - 18 November, 2017
Either the Evox12 or a pair of RCF 705AS2 or QSC KW181 subs with QSCK 10 tops.