Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

High Sierra and 1.9.10

XCAKID 9:09 AM - 17 November, 2017
I upgraded to 1.9.10 and High Sierra. It works with my DDJ SZ.

However, when I use it with my S9 and turntables, it does not seem to get any time code signal.

When I switch it to phono I can hear the tone, but when I switch it back to USB I do not see any signal in the calibration screen. My tables cannot control the tracks on both left and right.

Everything on the S9 works. I can manipulate cue points, effects, etc. So it is not the USB cable. Serato DJ sees the S9.

It does play the track and have output of sound on internal more.

Can anyone help??
Does anyone know WTF is going on??
DJ-Essa 9:57 AM - 17 November, 2017
WORKAROUND:

Same problem with me, no timecode signal while using my turntables

My trick was to start the DJM S9 Settings App

(The App where u can adjust the fader and so on....)

After I started the app I clicked on BANK A and loaded it (A) was displayed in the S9 Effects Panel and then my timecode worked and everything was fine

Hope I can help you with that
DJ Tecniq 1:47 PM - 17 November, 2017
In Phono you shouldn’t be hearing a tone unless your RCA’s are backwards. I’ve done that before lol. Make sure the t-table connections are connected to Phono on the back of the mixer though.
XCAKID 4:30 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
In Phono you shouldn’t be hearing a tone unless your RCA’s are backwards. I’ve done that before lol. Make sure the t-table connections are connected to Phono on the back of the mixer though.

Yeah, I did that. I can hear the tone.
DJ-Essa 4:31 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:

Yeah, I did that. I can hear the tone.

Did my workaround work for u?
XCAKID 4:32 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
WORKAROUND:

Same problem with me, no timecode signal while using my turntables

My trick was to start the DJM S9 Settings App

(The App where u can adjust the fader and so on....)

After I started the app I clicked on BANK A and loaded it (A) was displayed in the S9 Effects Panel and then my timecode worked and everything was fine

Hope I can help you with that

Well, I don't have the app...guess I need to download it. Where can I get that? App store or Pioneer
DJ-Essa 4:35 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:

Well, I don't have the app...guess I need to download it. Where can I get that? App store or Pioneer

U must have the app, otherwise I'm not sure if you can user your S9, the app is the DRIVER for the S9

Google: pioneer djm s9 driver > u will be redirected to the official pioneer page > just follow the links and steps
XCAKID 4:41 PM - 17 November, 2017
Cool...let me that now...
XCAKID 5:44 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

U must have the app, otherwise I'm not sure if you can user your S9, the app is the DRIVER for the S9

Google: pioneer djm s9 driver > u will be redirected to the official pioneer page > just follow the links and steps

That did not help my issue unfortunately....
XCAKID 5:57 PM - 17 November, 2017
I just sent in a support ticket. Hopefully I can get an answer soon.
DJ Tecniq 8:37 PM - 17 November, 2017
Odd. You may have to go into your setup options and reclick “turntables” instead of cdjs
djbabyroo 1:45 PM - 18 November, 2017
You have to go to your settings and switch from turntables to cd and back, then you will get your tone to show up in serato. You have to do it every time you start up serato now, or at least I have to.
DJ-Essa 9:48 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
You have to go to your settings and switch from turntables to cd and back, then you will get your tone to show up in serato. You have to do it every time you start up serato now, or at least I have to.

Yes that worked for me too