Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Scratching on DDJ SR2 controller

Aleksander 12:56 AM - 17 November, 2017
In DDJ SR2 Manuals does not properly introduce how to scratch for beginner users. I am a beginner and I would like to know how to begin scratching on DDJ SR2 mixer. From what I found out myself I have used hip hop song on deck 1 and on deck 2 I have used another hip hop istrumental music and I have pressed Vinyl button and started scratching like this. Is this correct form of scratching or is there another procedure to this?
DJ Tecniq 3:55 AM - 17 November, 2017
May need to change the crossfader curve in your serato settings. You’ll see a knob for “crossfader” in the software. Make sure it’s all the way up for best scratch performance.
Logisticalstyles 5:08 AM - 17 November, 2017
Sounds more like he wants to know how to scratch. The manual is not going to tell you how to scratch. That's a skill you have to learn on your own or by watching videos or by working with another DJ.

Speaking of videos and the SR2...
Watchwww.youtube.com
Aleksander 5:29 AM - 17 November, 2017
Thank you Logisticalstyles. Do you use some special FX samples to do scratching, or you just start doing it without anything ? Sorry I just new to this, and want to learn it properly.
Logisticalstyles 2:51 PM - 17 November, 2017
digitaldjtools.net

Try using the sounds in that link. Those are the most common sounds that DJs scratch with. You can scratch with any sound, it's up to you to make it sound good.
Aleksander 7:51 PM - 18 November, 2017
thanks /Logisticalstyles I’ll try them definitely.
Aleksander 8:09 AM - 26 November, 2017
Hi, do you guys know any good software which would transfer whole playlists from Spotify to iTunes? Unfortunately Pulslocker has finished their services and I couldn’t find anything good online.
Aleksander 10:33 PM - 26 November, 2017
I've found Sidify Spotify Music Converter software, I've checked and works fine.