Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

High Sierra Screen freezing

benloren 12:05 PM - 13 November, 2017
Hi, updated to 1.9.10 on Friday following the email on High Sierra support.

Upgraded mac to High Sierra.

Used at a gig on Saturday - screen repeatedly freezes during the set. The sound never froze.

I turned the screen refresh rate down, the audio buffer down, closed all other apps and switched off the wifi (none of which i usually do) and it still occurred.

Running 2016 macbookpro 13 inch retina with touch bar - 16gb ram, 3.1 i5 processor
DJ Tecniq 4:45 PM - 13 November, 2017
If you’re using Serato Video it’s prob just the program itself. I have screen freezes with Yosemite too. Serato Video is really buggy and hasn’t been updated in years. Only suggestion is maybe do a clean clean install of high Sierra instead of the upgrade. Upgrading can sometimes affect certain system files. With a clean install it’s a fresh build. Hope you get it resolved.
benloren 2:08 PM - 14 November, 2017
Hi thanks for the comment - not running video, just Serato DJ - never had this issue with 1.9.9 but do have on this one!

i'll look into your suggestion about the clean install, keen to hear what serato have to say about this!
D'Jeros 9:31 AM - 3 December, 2017
I had the same problem all night. Using DJ-SX. The LEDS were also freezing on the deck. Didn’t affect the audio but scared me for sure. I actually plugged in Spotify played a song and rebooted my computer during mid-set.

high Sierra
MacBook Pro 2017 16gig
USB-C SSD playing media from that instead of the drive.
DJ Tecniq 3:49 PM - 3 December, 2017
I feel more confident about not updating to High Sierra yet. I’ve heard others having issues w/Serato.
TYRONEPAULSEN 1:00 PM - 4 December, 2017
Hi, thought it was only me, but having the same issue on both a DDJ-SX & Numark NV. However when using HID mode on my SL3 & I didnt experience it once.

Very Strange anamoly.
ChuckDvolume2 10:01 PM - 22 December, 2017
Thank GOD I don't have a gig until next month (so far). I'm going back to my previous OS. I updated the firmware AND the software. Still freezes. Sound is unaffected. Any updates on the progress towards fixing this bug?
Serato, Support
Luke B 1:09 AM - 29 December, 2017
Hey guys,

We're currently investigating this, please refer to the work-around below, for now:

support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 3:05 AM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys,

We're currently investigating this, please refer to the work-around below, for now:

support.serato.com
I’ve had screen freeze for like 30 secs while scrolling library and I’m not on High Sierra i think it’s just your software the GUI is very unstable. Just being honest
TYRONEPAULSEN 10:20 AM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys,

support.serato.com

Hi Luke,
Thanks for the response however, from the other comments majority of the complaints are not with the touchbar units, so saying it could be this is incorrect.

Please check all the threads before posting an “official response”
Serato, Support
Luke B 10:24 AM - 29 December, 2017
Good point TYRONEPAULSEN,

Please do get in touch with our support team if the potential workaround doesn't resolve the issue for you;

support.serato.com
dj_mad 8:20 AM - 5 January, 2018
Also having this issue after update I'll try the work around and see how it goes
ZJ VOKE 9:07 AM - 30 January, 2018
My screen freezes while playing serato video plus numark mixtrack pro 3, the audio also stops for like 30 seconds
I'm using macbook pro ,Os Sierra version 10.16.6
ZJ VOKE 9:08 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
My screen freezes while playing serato video plus numark mixtrack pro 3, the audio also stops for like 30 seconds
Some help please
Serato, Support
Luke B 10:04 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Some help please

Hey ZJ VOKE,

If you're using external USB storage to load your Serato library (or just your video files), I'd suggest testing if similar files from your internal storage exhibit the same issues.

If that's not the case, please double-check your computer is fully optimized: support.serato.com

If you're still having trouble, please get in touch with our support team: support.serato.com

Cheers
Rene Hedemyr 10:38 AM - 3 February, 2018
Quote:
Hey guys,

support.serato.com

This solved it for me.
I got MacBook Pro with touchbar running High Sierra, and it's been driving me nuts for a couple of months.
DJ Stinky Nutz 8:44 PM - 24 February, 2018
I had the same issue. I changed my maximum screen updates to 60 instead of the 45 it was on. No issues.