Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

What first ? Startup Serato or Controller ?

DJDimi 8:35 PM - 12 November, 2017
Hello,

This weekend I did updates for my material. Now i'm running with my new SSD hard drive in my PC and also windows 10 instead of windows 7 and serato 1.9.10 on it and my Denon MCX8000.
Everything is now running much faster then before !!! So I'm happy ;)

Now, i was testing everything and that was fine, but one little thing that I found was bizar:

1) When i start up my pc and then i start serato, and afther this is startup my controller, my red light lights up on serato and i have distortion ...
2) When i start up my pc and directly my denon, and afther this then i start Serato, there is never a red light to see on serato...

So my question is, is there a difference when starting up the PC and controller ...

Hope somebody can explain this ...

Thanks a lot !!!
akaTRAP 12:17 AM - 13 November, 2017
The red light isn't distortion, the red light signals USB drop-out. If you start up Serato before starting up your controller, you're going to see that red light. Basically it's Serato and the hardware making the initial connection, and the red light should go away. If you see that red light throughout a gig, you have a different issue.
Sony311 4:09 AM - 13 November, 2017
I always turn on my controller then start serato. Never had any issues.
DjSyndic8 9:28 AM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
I always turn on my controller then start serato. Never had any issues.

I like to start serato first let it load all my songs once that finishes then turn the controller on I feel like if I did it your way it will take serato longer to finish loading my songs but I have not tried your way before, I will try it though it might end up booting faster :)
R-A-C 5:47 AM - 15 November, 2017
it depends on the hardware. for some devices turning them on in advance works better and vice versa
tuneturner 1:08 PM - 15 November, 2017
Quote:
it depends on the hardware. for some devices turning them on in advance works better and vice versa

I agree - I use the DDJ-SX and when turning it on first before starting the software I never see an issue. If for some reason I start the software before the controller there is the rare occasion I might see something like the waveform isn't moving smoothly or other oddity but no show-stoppers. Either way I never see a problem with CPU performance.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:52 PM - 15 November, 2017
yup. same here. I think it's since 1.7.x or so I have to start the controller before Serato, otherwise I will be waiting for a eternity for the "it will take a minute" banner to go away.

Its like a lottery if I start Serato first to make hardware connection.

Sometimes it's connect most times it doesn't.

So workflow now is starting Controller or mixer before Serato.

I so dread DJ changeovers now.