DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Thinking of Changing my rider

GusGomez 3:40 AM - 10 November, 2017
Thinking of trading in my Denon VL12 Turntables and the S9 mixer for a pair of Denon SC5000 and the X1800 mixer any thoughts?
dj_soo 8:44 PM - 10 November, 2017
sure, if you want to go that route. Looks like an incredible piece of kit. Can always get more turntables later if you want a 4 deck setup.
deezlee 9:43 PM - 10 November, 2017
m&m's no red ones thanks
dj_soo 10:02 PM - 10 November, 2017
just remember to do your research on the gear and software. For instance, I know that Engine doesn't work with libraries larger than something like 15k tracks that they're trying to fix now. There are probably a couple more hiccups that you need to watch out for.
GusGomez 2:15 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
just remember to do your research on the gear and software. For instance, I know that Engine doesn't work with libraries larger than something like 15k tracks that they're trying to fix now. There are probably a couple more hiccups that you need to watch out for.

Well I think I’m mainly going to use it with Serato...and I still have my Stanton Str8150’s in case I want to use Turntables...btw went to the store today and that 1800x mixer is sick! Sounds amazing and looks incredible in person I was impressed
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:51 PM - 12 November, 2017
I didn't exactly change my rider.

I bought a pair of the SC5000. I didn't get the mixer because I have a Rane 62 and the Pioneer S9.

I'm not a 4 decks DJ either. So I'm using the 62 with the SC5000s in "analogue" mode and I m happy that my 62 has now found a new purpose.

So far so good. I like the SC5000s, I don't plan to ever gig with them.

In regards to library limit, if one is hoping you have a jumbo sized library then I'd recommend using Serato.
I didn't export my entire Serato Library.
deezlee 7:57 PM - 12 November, 2017
What do you put on your equipment rider if you bring your own equipment?
GusGomez 8:13 PM - 12 November, 2017
Quote:
What do you put on your equipment rider if you bring your own equipment?

I usually bring Turntables mixer laptop but the space at clubs is so limited
deezlee 4:32 AM - 13 November, 2017
So your rider specifies table space size and by changing your rider you mean changing the size space that you ask for?
GusGomez 5:14 AM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
So your rider specifies table space size and by changing your rider you mean changing the size space that you ask for?

I do a lot of radio stations and events that have limited space the SC5000 lets use one for both sides so I like that feature and they’re also smaller with less to carry then Turntables ( like vinyl extra stylus needle cleaner etc )
dj_soo 6:33 AM - 13 November, 2017
I mean, you can use a single deck with serato on its own anyway. Unless you're planning on using it mainly standalone, aren't you just paying $1800 for functionality you already have?
GusGomez 3:45 PM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
I mean, you can use a single deck with serato on its own anyway. Unless you're planning on using it mainly standalone, aren't you just paying $1800 for functionality you already have?

Yeah u right u can but that’s just one of the reasons I look at it like this it’s either the SC5000 or CDJs Nexus and for the feature I prefer the SC5000 also they giving me a great price $1300 each
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:21 PM - 13 November, 2017
In terms of value ,I think the Denon SC 5000 is better featured than the CDJ2000Nexus2 for the price.

Ongoing consistent support by Denon is what will make or break it.

Till date they have kept their word

Rekordbox usb read function ✅

Serato DJ support ✅

Couple of firmware updates since launch ✅

Apart from connecting it to Serato to see if it works with Serato DJ I have been using it 100% standalone.
The only thing left I have to figure out is how to get my Serato cues to show up on the exported music.

Some folks over at the Denon forum says it works straightforward for them whilst it doesn't for me.

I think I've used Serato as a crutch for many years lol, stepping out of my comfort zone to add back some excitement to djing again.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:23 PM - 13 November, 2017
I reckon Pioneer has the 2000Nexus3 on the production line ...they won't be giving up that top spot without a fight.

Or Perhaps an XDJ1000Nexus (XDJ2000) since that's their comparable product
deezlee 6:55 PM - 13 November, 2017
What else is on yer rider or is it just an equipment rider? At my gigs they would probly laugh if I tried to have a rider. :)
GusGomez 7:48 PM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
What else is on yer rider or is it just an equipment rider? At my gigs they would probly laugh if I tried to have a rider. :)

Lol I think u missed the point of what I meant by rider lol
deezlee 8:07 PM - 13 November, 2017
People have some crazy riders for sure. They've got the venue supplying their clean underwear and shight.