Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Newbie Question: video camera, overhead recording, stands, etc

purpledisco 6:13 PM - 9 November, 2017
Hey guys,

Was curious how you do overhead video recording of your sets. What are some budget camera options, are there certain stands you use for a good, clear overhead view of your set up?
popnwave 7:08 PM - 9 November, 2017
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is a reliable USB one, decent in lower light settings unless you have a light show running, but I've seen hacks that will let you lock the focus.

I just used a 12' USB extension and stuck the stupid thing on a higher wall for a good downward view.
purpledisco 7:49 PM - 9 November, 2017
Cool thank you! I'd read about that one in my other forum, I'm just stumped on what to use to hold it directly above my setup. Was wondering if there was a certain tripod or mount for that angle, I guess I can research something that can attach to the logitech
DJ Tecniq 3:05 PM - 10 November, 2017
Just mounted a Logitech webcam to my tv with Velcro. Decent camera could be better but I’m okay with it. youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 3:17 PM - 10 November, 2017
Shit works incredibly well. www.amazon.com
purpledisco 5:21 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Just mounted a Logitech webcam to my tv with Velcro. Decent camera could be better but I’m okay with it. youtu.be

Holy shit. That's exactly what I need lmao.
Ordering now thank you!
DJ Tecniq 7:32 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Ordering now thank you!
Sure dude. Might wanna snag the Logitech it’s only $50 bucks right now and this model is usually $80-$100 www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 7:34 PM - 10 November, 2017
I have the C615 which is cheaper but the C920 is a 1080p camera which will create better HD quality. Good luck
purpledisco 8:24 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ordering now thank you!
Sure dude. Might wanna snag the Logitech it’s only $50 bucks right now and this model is usually $80-$100 www.amazon.com

For sure!!
DJ Tecniq 9:06 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ordering now thank you!

For sure!!
Depending on how high you want it you may want to purchase a usb extender. The cord itself is already quite long but I got an extender to get it higher.
purpledisco 7:18 AM - 12 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ordering now thank you!

For sure!!
Depending on how high you want it you may want to purchase a usb extender. The cord itself is already quite long but I got an extender to get it higher.

I was just looking at that. The original cord is 6ft, it might work but we'll see. So the c920 must be pretty light for velcro to hold it well, eh?
DJ Tecniq 9:28 PM - 12 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ordering now thank you!

For sure!!

I was just looking at that. The original cord is 6ft, it might work but we'll see. So the c920 must be pretty light for velcro to hold it well, eh?
I’m using the C615 but yeah the Velcro is actually quite strong whether it’s sticking to your wall or a surface. Should have no prob holding the c920 and you can always use more Velcro squares if needed.
DJ Tecniq 9:32 PM - 12 November, 2017
However to get HD audio you might need a usb audio interface or rca to aux cord this will all depend on your hardware and if you can record it as an audio card or use your laptops line-in for direct audio.
purpledisco 1:27 AM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
However to get HD audio you might need a usb audio interface or rca to aux cord this will all depend on your hardware and if you can record it as an audio card or use your laptops line-in for direct audio.

Shit. My M-audio interface was stolen 😑 so I️ don’t have one but do have an sl3. Will that work or do I️ need an interface?
DJ Tecniq 4:38 AM - 13 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Shit. My M-audio interface was stolen 😑 so I️ don’t have one but do have an sl3. Will that work or do I️ need an interface?
hrmm that’s a good question I’m not sure cause I have the Pioneer S9 and unfortunately I can’t use it as an audio card cause it’s not free’d up with Serato so I gotta use another usb card.