DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ADJ scrim facade or Pro X facade

Smoke21 4:52 PM - 9 November, 2017
Hey guys, wanting to buy a dj facade and well as the title says which of the 2 is a built quality in terms of built and easy to build with no hassel... any of you guys here in the forum have any of these 2 facades or recommend another brand... thanks for any suggestion...
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:23 PM - 9 November, 2017
I have the black pro x one I use for small parties that dont need to bring my plexiglass light up board.

It is super light so carrying it around is easy. It comes with a bag which is great but the bag is a little flimsy in my eyes.

Few things I don't like is that it is 4 separate panels. I wish that it was only in 2 pieces and you just connect in the middle. Not a deal breaker but makes it a little annoying. They should have just put a solid hinge to connect the 2 panels together and then you just connect those 2 panels to make the final product. Very simple.

I don't use the white scrims so I can't comment there but I can tell you the black scrims are a little see through and it DROVE ME NUTS. I absolutely hated the fact that you could still see through it. So much so that I went to a fabric store to get solid black fabric to line the back of the facade to make it so you can't see through it. So I had to spend an extra $25 or so for the fabric and glue to get the look I wanted. If I would have known that before I may have looked at another option. It's perfect now with the customizing I did, but not sure if the scrim portion of the ADJ is a better quality which makes it less see through. Can't tell you.

Hope that helps your decision a bit!
Smoke21 7:09 PM - 9 November, 2017
THANKS For the response... hopefully someone with the adj facade can give me there review on adj facade and see if the scrims are see threw
Chino 1:30 AM - 10 November, 2017
I have an American DJ Event Facade in white. It came with an extra set of black scrims too. I have only used the facade with the white scrims attached & it's NOT see through. I also bought an extra panel so I can easily fit a 6ft table behind the facade.

Pros
1. Lite weight
2. Removable/hand washable/easily replaceable scrims
3. Feet on bottom (allows wires to slide underneath facade)
4. White scrims also allow for LED/UV lights to be used to match client's color scheme.

Cons
1. I also wish ADJ had attached solid hinges connecting 2 panels. Not a deal breaker but as stated above- having to attach each panel individually is annoying.
Smoke21 4:19 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
I have an American DJ Event Facade in white. It came with an extra set of black scrims too. I have only used the facade with the white scrims attached & it's NOT see through. I also bought an extra panel so I can easily fit a 6ft table behind the facade.

Pros
1. Lite weight
2. Removable/hand washable/easily replaceable scrims
3. Feet on bottom (allows wires to slide underneath facade)
4. White scrims also allow for LED/UV lights to be used to match client's color scheme.

Cons
1. I also wish ADJ had attached solid hinges connecting 2 panels. Not a deal breaker but as stated above- having to attach each panel individually is annoying.

SO there is a way to attach more panels on it ? With the 4 panels can you only fit a 4 ft table or does a 6 fit as well? @chino
Chino 2:12 PM - 10 November, 2017
^^^ The 4 panel ADJ event facade will only fit a 4ft table (unless you angle the panels on each side). Adding an extra panel will allow a 6ft table to fit with a little extra room to spare. The extra panels are sold separately & cost $50-$80 depending on where you buy it.

The bag that comes with the ADJ event facade also allows up to 5 panels to fit inside.
Smoke21 3:43 PM - 10 November, 2017
I thought you couldnt connect any extra panel to that...
Smoke21 3:44 PM - 10 November, 2017
As far as adj site says
Chino 8:11 PM - 10 November, 2017
^^^ You definitely can attach an extra panel. I use 5 panels.
Rebelguy 11:21 PM - 10 November, 2017
Why do you need a facade? Most of the people I know that have them have stopped using them. Do a clean setup and let people see you do your thing.