Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane SixtyTwo-High Sierra connectivity problem

1122 2:14 PM - 9 November, 2017
Hi guys! I just installed the New High Sierra (10.13.1). I've installed the new Serato 1.9.10 ran into some problems with System Extension Blocked. Resolved that issue then installed the Rane Sixty two driver but the mixer won't connect. The blue light is on but in Serato it says: either "Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute" and then it says "Rane sixty two hardware failed." I plugged in my SL3 and it worked fine. I tried everything uninstalled all Rane drivers, deleted sixty-two midi. Reinstalled old Serato. Nothing works. Please Help!
Dj_Roger 5:13 PM - 9 November, 2017
1122 6:01 PM - 9 November, 2017
I already did that, it installed the driver but when i plug my rane 62 it says: "Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute"
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:22 PM - 9 November, 2017
My 62 works fine with High Sierra.
1122 6:24 PM - 9 November, 2017
I don't know what's wrong with my mixer. I've tried downgrading to an older serato, unistalling the mixer driver then reinstalling it. nothing works! it keeps saying: Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute"

But when i plug in my SL3 it works with no issue
Dj_Roger 7:21 PM - 9 November, 2017
1122 8:21 PM - 9 November, 2017
I followed all those steps... still the problem persists...
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:06 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:

Did you get the most recent driver "Sixty-Two CoreAudio Driver 2.0.0b3 for Mac OS X 10.11.4 and higher"
1122 5:25 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Did you get the most recent driver "Sixty-Two CoreAudio Driver 2.0.0b3 for Mac OS X 10.11.4 and higher"

Yup!
1122 6:16 AM - 10 November, 2017
Ok, so i tried this again: dj.rane.com and this time worked! Thank you so much!
DJ Tecniq 7:16 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
So this worked even though this fix is for El Capitan? I didn’t know it applies the same to a diff OS X as well. Interesting and hopeful for other users having the same issue. Good to hear
DJ Tecniq 7:17 AM - 10 November, 2017
Oh wow my bad it says 10.11 or higher so I guess so.
1122 7:18 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
So this worked even though this fix is for El Capitan? I didn’t know it applies the same to a diff OS X as well. Interesting and hopeful for other users having the same issue. Good to hear

I mailed Serato support and they gave me the link with this mention: "Although it says El Capitan I assure these steps are also relevant for your situation"

Thank you all for chipping in with ideas. I'm glad the issue is fixed :)
JackInBeats 5:38 AM - 2 February, 2018
I'm having issues connecting to serato with my Rane 62 as well. After the update to High Sierra, I just get "Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute"but it never connects. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the latest Rane driver, as well as the El Capitan fix above with no resolution. I have e mailed Serato my system Report and I've had a support ticket open for the last 3 days.
GMALA510 5:13 PM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
I'm having issues connecting to serato with my Rane 62 as well. After the update to High Sierra, I just get "Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute"but it never connects. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the latest Rane driver, as well as the El Capitan fix above with no resolution. I have e mailed Serato my system Report and I've had a support ticket open for the last 3 days.

I just upgraded my Mac this past week and have been having issues. I've pretty much done everything you have but NOTHING. Were you able to resolve this???
dj_soo 9:00 PM - 10 February, 2018
You have the latest firmware on the 62?
aksmall22 1:08 PM - 20 February, 2018
I'm having issues connecting to serato with my Rane 62 after updating to High Sierra, I just get "Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute"but it never connects. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the latest Rane driver as well as the latest version of Serato DJ to no avail.
DJ Tecniq 8:11 AM - 21 February, 2018
Quote:
after updating to High Sierra
I think this is where you messed up. I have no solution.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:43 AM - 21 February, 2018
Can we safely categorise all pre InMusic Rane products as Legacy gear now?

Quote:
I'm having issues connecting to serato with my Rane 62 after updating to High Sierra, I just get "Rane sixty two hardware connecting this make take up to one minute"but it never connects. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the latest Rane driver as well as the latest version of Serato DJ to no avail.

Did you try starting Serato DJ with the 62 connected and powered on?

The latest driver is the one released for ElCapitan

Step 1- Plug in your 62
Step 2- Power on the 62
Step 3- Boot Mac
Step 4- Start Serato DJ

See if it connects
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:44 AM - 21 February, 2018
Plug in = Connect to Mac via USB
dj_soo 9:44 AM - 21 February, 2018
I've always found my 62 has some issues with hotplugging and always launch Serato with the 62 already plugged in.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:03 PM - 21 February, 2018
Quote:
I've always found my 62 has some issues with hotplugging and always launch Serato with the 62 already plugged in.

Yeah it's the way I do it too. And that's for all my Serato gear. I think there is something wrong with Serato DJ regarding connectivity.

I have experienced the inconsistent connection with almost all my gear.

I know it's Serato being buggy because you can use the connected hardware with other software and even as a audio device for your Mac despite it not connecting with Serato DJ.

That's the downside of Serato DJ supporting every kinda controller.

DJ switch over is a real challenge now using the same hardware. You better have a mic in hand or play something via Aux.
Aptidda 5:56 PM - 21 February, 2018
Quote:

ya sure can! Take my advice: Unplug and pickup the Rane 62, get in your car and drive to the nearest supermarket dumpster. Get out of your vehicle and place Rane 62 in the dumpster where it belongs. Immediately go home and contact your favorite gear vendor, provide your debit card and have them take $2,000 to hold a Seventy Two for you.

All issues relieved and resolved! See how much better that made everything?
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:33 PM - 21 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

ya sure can! Take my advice: Unplug and pickup the Rane 62, get in your car and drive to the nearest supermarket dumpster. Get out of your vehicle and place Rane 62 in the dumpster where it belongs. Immediately go home and contact your favorite gear vendor, provide your debit card and have them take $2,000 to hold a Seventy Two for you.

All issues relieved and resolved! See how much better that made everything?

Lol. As we say in Lagos "Na so e easy?"

I'm pretty happy with what I have currently.

My 62 is sitting nicely with a pair of Denon SC5000 (Home set up). Standalone.

S9 for gigs (pretty happy with this and it's my favourite mixer of all time)

DJ 808 for another chunk of gigs (bars with no gear)

MC6000MKII for simpler gigs.

WeGo3 for messing about at the dining table and my 3 year old to mess with though he prefers the 808 (kids and colors)

My next purchase is gonna be a Rekordbox DJ controller...considering the RB or RR (would have preferred the SR2 but no Rekordbox support yet)
Aptidda 7:09 PM - 21 February, 2018
nice setup!
J-LAVA 5:43 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:

I'm have the same problem on both rane 62 and 64... did everything suggested... I'm running on high Sierra 10.13.3 Macbook pro 15 2016 Touch Bar. and I was connecting normal before but now nothing for the sake of music I could get it to connect. Funny enough I have no problems using my Rane SL 1 box with scratch live, since the work around for this to work. do we have to do a similar hack now?
SirForce 5:47 PM - 14 March, 2018
a friend of mine updated to high sierra and couldn't get the rane 62 to work, exactly as the OP described. Installed the rane drivers and ulitmately no go.... he installed SDJ PRO and it all started working. I cannot explain... SDJ 1.9.10 doesn't work, SDJ Pro works...

Next step would have been a clean OS install but he's just moving on with SDJ PRO at this point.
J-LAVA 5:52 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
a friend of mine updated to high sierra and couldn't get the rane 62 to work, exactly as the OP described. Installed the rane drivers and ulitmately no go.... he installed SDJ PRO and it all started working. I cannot explain... SDJ 1.9.10 doesn't work, SDJ Pro works...

Next step would have been a clean OS install but he's just moving on with SDJ PRO at this point.

I also updated SeDJ PRO and nothing also... tried downgrading to 1.9.10 thinking it would work as before but still nothing,
Logisticalstyles 6:05 PM - 14 March, 2018
I've been having the same issues whenever I try to use a 62. Oddly enough, I can open Scratch Live and it will connect and play normally, even though I'm on High Sierra. My AMX, and SR2 will connect and when I use a friends S9 it also works but for some reason the 62 will not work with SDJ or SDJ Pro. And yes I've attempted everything in the Rane links listed above.
J-LAVA 6:14 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
I've been having the same issues whenever I try to use a 62. Oddly enough, I can open Scratch Live and it will connect and play normally, even though I'm on High Sierra. My AMX, and SR2 will connect and when I use a friends S9 it also works but for some reason the 62 will not work with SDJ or SDJ Pro. And yes I've attempted everything in the Rane links listed above.

FACTS BRO! Same ish here... it really needs a fix or work around. HELPPPPP SERATO PLS ADVICE US PROPERLY.
J-LAVA 6:18 PM - 14 March, 2018
Swear I've never installed and uninstalled any software/drivers so many times.. nothing works.
even when I uninstall and SDJ ask for necessary driver and I install and reboot etc.. NOTHING.
J-LAVA 6:23 PM - 14 March, 2018
Question is..WHO OR WHAT IS CAUSING THE CONNECTIVITY PROBLEM is it Mac's High Sierra, Serato DJ or Rane.. right now not looking good for Rane lol.
DJ Tecniq 6:34 PM - 14 March, 2018
Try this except for your product. Hope it helps youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:36 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Question is..WHO OR WHAT IS CAUSING THE CONNECTIVITY PROBLEM is it Mac's High Sierra, Serato DJ or Rane.. right now not looking good for Rane lol.

Rane hasn't updated drivers in a hot minute. They say they are back but beside the new stuff they working on pre takeover products seem to have all been abandoned.

I have a 62 too but it works with high Sierra and SDJ Pro but I get a hard crash with it when exiting Serato DJ. I only use it as standalone now with my SC5000.

Can we start emailing Rane
DJ Tecniq 6:39 PM - 14 March, 2018
Dunno why this is a surprise Rane has always had driver issues🤷🏼‍♂️
J-LAVA 6:40 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Try this except for your product. Hope it helps youtu.be

bro thanks but I've also done this and nothing.

Quote:
Quote:

Rane hasn't updated drivers in a hot minute. They say they are back but beside the new stuff they working on pre takeover products seem to have all been abandoned.

I have a 62 too but it works with high Sierra and SDJ Pro but I get a hard crash with it when exiting Serato DJ. I only use it as standalone now with my SC5000.

Can we start emailing Rane

I was getting the hard crash before.. touch bar would go blank etc.. but a hard restart sorted that..
J-LAVA 6:43 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:

no surprise just disappointment. I travel with my SL 1 Box seems to be the best solution and most reliable at this point. Sadly.
DJ Tecniq 9:38 PM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

no surprise just disappointment. I travel with my SL 1 Box seems to be the best solution and most reliable at this point. Sadly.
I hear you #scratchliveftw
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:51 PM - 15 March, 2018
What they say

dj.rane.com
david07 11:19 AM - 13 November, 2018
with the saw does not connect my mixer rane 68 I had to go back to yosemite
Djc312 1:28 AM - 18 June, 2019
I’m having the same exact same issue. 62 with latest driver and 2.53 firmware running Sierra. Did the troubleshooting steps from the link but it’s still won’t connect. Scratch live and my SL3 connects with no issue. Can anyone that’s gotten past this problem share The fix?
Djc312 3:39 AM - 19 June, 2019
This suggestion from Serato Support fixed my problem.

Remove all Rane drivers using their guide

Install the newer driver for the Rane 62: dj.rane.com

Restart

Install the older driver: dj.rane.com
twohandfulsoffunk 6:32 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
This suggestion from Serato Support fixed my problem.

Remove all Rane drivers using their guide

Install the newer driver for the Rane 62: dj.rane.com

Restart

Install the older driver: dj.rane.com

Just chiming in that I had this same issue (found out right before a gig also, ugh)

and DJc312's post here resolved my issue. For some reason, the 62 also still showed the new driver on after installing the old, all is well now though. Thanks for the heads up on this fix!
Gregg Nyce 12:36 AM - 13 January, 2020
Sixty two and sixty four not connecting with High Sierra. Rane has taken down the driver and firmware pages from the website and their customer service has been no help. Does anyone have the drivers or know another site that has downloads for them? Thank you!
popnwave 2:26 AM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
Sixty two and sixty four not connecting with High Sierra. Rane has taken down the driver and firmware pages from the website and their customer service has been no help. Does anyone have the drivers or know another site that has downloads for them? Thank you!

Might be SOL, until they fix that page. Maybe that means a legit update is coming across the board.
dj_soo 2:29 AM - 13 January, 2020
I have the 62 drivers: www.dropbox.com

Don’t have the 64 ones sorry
Gregg Nyce 2:35 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
I have the 62 drivers: www.dropbox.com

Don’t have the 64 ones sorry

Thanks for the link! Been in contact with Rane and they've said the pages were supposed to be live by now but still nothing.