Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

My CDJ 850-k wont connect to serato DJ

Lexxion 12:35 AM - 9 November, 2017
Hi there,

I've installed the latest firmware on my CDJ's 850-k and have the latest version of Serato DJ. Also, I've downloaded the windows drivers from the pioneer site. Yet, when I try to connect my CDJ's after I have opened serato, the LCD shows: Disconnected. However, when I try to connect before I open serato the LCD says connected.

My DDJ-SR connects fine to the same USB port and I have no clue why it's not working. Could someone help me with this issue please?
raedonquan 3:36 AM - 9 November, 2017
i just pluged mine in over the weekend its running fine.... does serato see the 850's as midi in . the setup panel?
Lexxion 1:40 PM - 9 November, 2017
Im afraid not. The whole issue is serato not recognizing the CDJ. On the right side of the screen it even says: "connect compatible hardware to mix". My Expansion pack tab in the setup shows me 4 options: Serato video, remotes, playlists and sampler. The midi button left from the setup in the main screen stays grey. :(
Jmoney$ 4:05 PM - 9 November, 2017
Make sure the firmware on the 850 is up to date
not sure about the 850s but other cdjs have to be put in midi mode
DJMIYAGI 7:19 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
Im afraid not. The whole issue is serato not recognizing the CDJ. On the right side of the screen it even says: "connect compatible hardware to mix"

That means you don't have hardware to unlock all the features of Serato connected. You can't use the sound card in the 850 to get both decks unlocked in Serato. You need a compatible mixer, SL box, or controller connected to use the 850 as a midi device.
Lexxion 7:37 PM - 9 November, 2017
[quote or controller connected to use the 850 as a midi device.

I see, but how come I see people on youtube showing me their setup with the CDJ 850 directly into their laptop and still they can utilize the functions? Also, the officieel pioneer website says that serato supports the CDJ 850 in a plug and play fashion, nowhere can I find a description of hardware needed to use these players as a MIDI device.
popnwave 7:59 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
[quote or controller connected to use the 850 as a midi device.

I see, but how come I see people on youtube showing me their setup with the CDJ 850 directly into their laptop and still they can utilize the functions? Also, the officieel pioneer website says that serato supports the CDJ 850 in a plug and play fashion, nowhere can I find a description of hardware needed to use these players as a MIDI device.

The 850s work ok as HID controllers with SDJ once it's unlocked by other hardware.
DJMIYAGI 9:43 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
but how come I see people on youtube showing me their setup with the CDJ 850 directly into their laptop and still they can utilize the functions?

Because they are using HID mode with Serato unlocked by the mixer they are using.

Quote:
nowhere can I find a description of hardware needed to use these players as a MIDI device.

Look here for a list of compatible SDJ hardware to unlock the full version of Serato and the ability to use the 850 with HID mode -> serato.com
DJMIYAGI 9:45 PM - 9 November, 2017
You will notice the 850 is listed as an Official Serato Accessory, however you still need a compatible mixer, Rane or Denon interface, or controlller to use the 850 with HID like in the videos you are referring to.