Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Cracking sound with Serato (PC)

LHC 1:51 PM - 8 November, 2017
So...

I bought this 2nd hand DDJ SR for 400€ with cables/flight-case for free, good deal right?, upgraded from a DDJ SB2 so i'm pretty exited about it...

The thing is that for reasons that seem random the sound is cracking (and ruins my mixing), I think that the problems comes from the laptop itself and not the software (see below).

Here's what i've tryied to far :

- I'm staying in the green
- Changing the buffer in any way does not seem to affect this problem.
- My drivers/firmware are up-to-date (including processor/usb ports).
- Tryied it on several pairs of speakers.
- Tryied ALL my outputs, the cracking is also present in my headset.
- Tryied it on an other computer, also running windows 7 64x (not a laptop) = IT IS NOT CRACKING.

I really don't know what else to do... It was running perfectly with my DDJ SB2... Until someone sat on it after a liveset... I can't even downgrade if I wanted to... I have a very important set in two days and i'm running out of options.
DJ Tecniq 6:48 PM - 8 November, 2017
What are the full specs of your machine? And wait someone "sat" on your SB2? Why was it placed where someone could sit on it? Take care of your equipment first before you even purchase another controller.
LHC 11:30 AM - 9 November, 2017
I reinstalled Serato and it seems to be working super fine now. Updating or repairing didn't work.

Thank you for the scolding by the way, as if I wasn't feeling shitty enough.
DJ Tecniq 4:40 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
I reinstalled Serato and it seems to be working super fine now. Updating or repairing didn't work.

Thank you for the scolding by the way, as if I wasn't feeling shitty enough.
Not a scolding in anyway but if it wasn’t on the ground it wouldn’t of gotten sat on. Maybe they mistaked it for a chair🤷🏼‍♂️
LHC 5:24 PM - 9 November, 2017
Quote:
Not a scolding in anyway but if it wasn’t on the ground it wouldn’t of gotten sat on. Maybe they mistaked it for a chair🤷🏼‍♂️

It was in the DJ boots in a black suitcase, I think it was mistaken for a speaker (at 11am).